Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pepamint_L

Screwed By Seller's Agent

it wasn't really on hindsight. Just a gut feel that with "the world is crashing" story splashed all over, hdb prices still held firm. So i reckon no point in waiting for it to get cheaper. :) So went and bought something within budget...

EM at below 500k at not so ulu place...? uhh possible?

i think ulu or not is up to individuals ba. For me, EMs ard Lakeside MRT (blk 469-472 series) not very ulu at least it's near to MRT and amenities; to my friends living in the North or East, Jurong is considered a super ulu place (so any unit ard there is also ulu). LOL

For me, the EMs at the blk 548-559 areas considered a bit ulu, coz distance > 1.2km from MRT. Those areas, the EMs' valuation is below 500K; I've seen 405K - 430K (before COV).

EMs at blk 9xx series are considered very ulu for me (it's almost at the fringe of civilisation). So are EMs at Teban Gardens area (not very accessible).

Sorry if I offend anyone. Just my personal opinion.

I haven't really looked at EMs at other parts of SG, so won't comment on those. :P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hey, whr r u in Jurong East?

my journey is so similar to urs. i moved frm Commonwealth to Jurong East, skipped ur Clementi....lol. Been staying here for 1 mth nw. Can't say tt i miss my previous place. It's so convenient here. Only thing I miss would be the multi-storey carpark. I only hv open-air carpark here, and it's wet when it rains, and it's super hot when it's sunny. Both make me wet. One when I get out, and the other when i get in....hahaha. Of cos, the heat also kills my car's interior.

yo bro, i'm at those HDB facing Chinese Garden... at the edge of Jurong East liao. where are you? :)

my side got one extra MSCP on top of the existing open CP :) well on the positive side, having open CP makes the blocks a bit further apart from each other lor~ :P

i think ulu or not is up to individuals ba. For me, EMs ard Lakeside MRT (blk 469-472 series) not very ulu at least it's near to MRT and amenities; to my friends living in the North or East, Jurong is considered a super ulu place (so any unit ard there is also ulu). LOL

For me, the EMs at the blk 548-559 areas considered a bit ulu, coz distance > 1.2km from MRT. Those areas, the EMs' valuation is below 500K; I've seen 405K - 430K (before COV).

EMs at blk 9xx series are considered very ulu for me (it's almost at the fringe of civilisation). So are EMs at Teban Gardens area (not very accessible).

Sorry if I offend anyone. Just my personal opinion.

I haven't really looked at EMs at other parts of SG, so won't comment on those. :P

actually concept of ulu is quite relative... my fren staying in Tampines found Holland V very ulu, while another fren staying in Clementi found Katong very ulu.... hahaha :lol:

haha i can see your block from my home :) my fren just sold his EM at Blk 33x series... on the other side of Lakeside MRT

i still find journey from Jurong to town very long.... zz i used to stay near Bukit Panjang and can get to town by bus much faster than now~

yo bro, i'm at those HDB facing Chinese Garden... at the edge of Jurong East liao. where are you? :)

my side got one extra MSCP on top of the existing open CP :) well on the positive side, having open CP makes the blocks a bit further apart from each other lor~ :P

actually concept of ulu is quite relative... my fren staying in Tampines found Holland V very ulu, while another fren staying in Clementi found Katong very ulu.... hahaha :lol:

haha i can see your block from my home :) my fren just sold his EM at Blk 33x series... on the other side of Lakeside MRT

i still find journey from Jurong to town very long.... zz i used to stay near Bukit Panjang and can get to town by bus much faster than now~

Blk 33x series is at Jurong Polyclinic or at Yuan Ching area?

I thought the EMs at blk 323 - 327 also not too bad very near to the Jurong East Sports & Recreation Centre; but slightly longer distance from Chinese Gardens MRT (ard 800+m)

Yes. I also find the journey from Jurong to town very long. I work ard Tanjong Pagar area. Morning train to work still ok. Able to pass time by reading news on iphone and surfing FB; going home after work is tiring though.

Thinking of changing jobs. LOL. find some office job at Jurong East area (maybe @ the international business park). :P

Blk 33x series is at Jurong Polyclinic or at Yuan Ching area?

I thought the EMs at blk 323 - 327 also not too bad very near to the Jurong East Sports & Recreation Centre; but slightly longer distance from Chinese Gardens MRT (ard 800+m)

Yes. I also find the journey from Jurong to town very long. I work ard Tanjong Pagar area. Morning train to work still ok. Able to pass time by reading news on iphone and surfing FB; going home after work is tiring though.

Thinking of changing jobs. LOL. find some office job at Jurong East area (maybe @ the international business park). :P

oh it's at kang ching road that side one... :) newer as compared to those near the sports hall ;)

oh it's at kang ching road that side one... :) newer as compared to those near the sports hall ;)

Ohh... i didn't know there's EMs there... I only know got EAs there...

hmmm....

anyway, feels that side is more "quiet". but gd thing is that it's near to Chinese Gardens (got lots of water and greenery) :P

facing Chinese Garden park itself? around St 13 side? ur view wld be very nice. look out to the lake in Chinese Garden.

i'm at St 32, facing Parc Oasis.

tt means ur monthly season parking is cheaper than those purely MSCP. cos u hv open together wif MSCP, they cannot charge full MSCP rate.

dun think there will be plans to build any MSCP at my side. unless they willing to close off 1 of the open carparks while building the MSCP. if they do, sure not enough parking while its closed. my side at nite oredi almost full.

facing Chinese Garden park itself? around St 13 side? ur view wld be very nice. look out to the lake in Chinese Garden.

i'm at St 32, facing Parc Oasis.

tt means ur monthly season parking is cheaper than those purely MSCP. cos u hv open together wif MSCP, they cannot charge full MSCP rate.

dun think there will be plans to build any MSCP at my side. unless they willing to close off 1 of the open carparks while building the MSCP. if they do, sure not enough parking while its closed. my side at nite oredi almost full.

oh you're my neighbour... :lol: i PM you la, OT too much on this thread liao :P

wow ur fren must be kidding....haha.... first time i heard ppl say holland V is ulu... its so well connected by roads and buses.... of cos with traffic jams la...haha...

jurong is ulu la.. used to live in taman jurong when i was in primary school...took 1hour school bus to get to school in bukit timah! but with jurong point, it makes things a lot more fun and being a mature estate it does has its charm. Boon Lay Nasi Lemak! :)

Pros and cons la...we all choose something we like...

hmm...my own definition of ulu: well connected by public transport to town in 30mins and easy access to food, markets and necessities (walkable distance). At my current stage, school for children is still of very low priority...haha...

i cannot imagine having to take a bus out from my house for lunch... :P

before buying my house, i walked around the area to look for coffeeshops, markets, go to the bus stops to see how well connected the area is..etc. My colleagues think im crazy to go to that extent... :P

EM at below 500k at not so ulu place...? uhh possible?

Well as the rest have said, its all relative. I stay in Serangoon North now, with three schools in the neighbourhood, a kindergarten downstairs, NTUC a 10 minute walk away. The only drawback is that the nearest MRT station is too far to walk to. The valuation in January 2010 was 445k.

wow ur fren must be kidding....haha.... first time i heard ppl say holland V is ulu... its so well connected by roads and buses.... of cos with traffic jams la...haha...

jurong is ulu la.. used to live in taman jurong when i was in primary school...took 1hour school bus to get to school in bukit timah! but with jurong point, it makes things a lot more fun and being a mature estate it does has its charm. Boon Lay Nasi Lemak! :)

Pros and cons la...we all choose something we like...

hmm...my own definition of ulu: well connected by public transport to town in 30mins and easy access to food, markets and necessities (walkable distance). At my current stage, school for children is still of very low priority...haha...

i cannot imagine having to take a bus out from my house for lunch... :P

before buying my house, i walked around the area to look for coffeeshops, markets, go to the bus stops to see how well connected the area is..etc. My colleagues think im crazy to go to that extent... :P

becos that guy stays in the east all these while and he doesn't even know how to go Holland V by bus ;)

1 hour ride from Jurong to Bt Timah?? Even bus 157 doesn't take so long.... :unsure:

that's not crazy... i did that too, and i know a lot of pple that do the same ;) i also checked out the neighbours, and recorded down walking time from flat to important places (e.g. market, MRT etc).

Well as the rest have said, its all relative. I stay in Serangoon North now, with three schools in the neighbourhood, a kindergarten downstairs, NTUC a 10 minute walk away. The only drawback is that the nearest MRT station is too far to walk to. The valuation in January 2010 was 445k.

hahaha ya i would have thought Serangoon North is very far :lol:

becos that guy stays in the east all these while and he doesn't even know how to go Holland V by bus ;)

LOL... last time, i also think it's quite ma fan to get to holland v. but now i got direct bus (185) to the bus terminal, but still need to walk a bit la.

anyway, holland v going to have MRT station soon... should be more accessible then. :)

1 hour ride from Jurong to Bt Timah?? Even bus 157 doesn't take so long.... :unsure:

I used to take 157 to school @ Bt Timah last time. Ard 45min ba.

I think he's staying ard Taman Jurong area; might have taken 154 instead. think 154 takes a longer route?

that's not crazy... i did that too, and i know a lot of pple that do the same ;) i also checked out the neighbours, and recorded down walking time from flat to important places (e.g. market, MRT etc).

Hahaha... i think most people do that too. but the area i'm looking at is near my current place, so I roughly know where got what, so don't really need to walk around to check out. as for calculating the walking distance (not direct distance), i just use OneMap's measure tool, to measure lor. normal walking distance should be ard 400-600m ba and usually within 1 bus-stop; anything more not really considered walking distance (though everyone's definition of walking distance is quite different).

Anyway, i work on maps, during my daily work. maybe i can "mash-up" something for potential homebuyers to use to check out amenities in their neighbourhood, during my free time at home (which is not alot, coz i'm still studying part-time :(... )

I suppose there might be ready solutions out there already.

For the time being, you can check out OneMap.

Personally, it's not with the best interface to use; and might not be easy for "lay-person" to use easily, but there's a wealth of info inside. :)

PS: I do not work for OneMap, but i use their info for some of my projects.

hahaha ya i would have thought Serangoon North is very far :lol:

Yeah! Given that i'm mostly a West-sider for 20+ yrs of my life, I think Serangoon is very far. Prob never set foot there for more than 5 times.

But went down there 1-2 week ago to meet ID from Ideal House.

BUT... looking at my current place @ JW and Serangoon North on the map....

map1.jpg

Serangoon North (purple marker) is actually near to the centre of SG than my place @ JW (red marker). Ang Mo Kio & Bishan are considered centre of SG.

With the N-E line, it's pretty fast to reach places like Dhoby Ghaut and Chinatown. Though for me, if I'm to go to Orchard, I'll prob take 502. It's prob faster.

With the new NEXmall at Serangoon MRT, the place can be quite happening too. :)

Edited by csingeu

i did it too. and even though i drive, i still only shortlisted units that were no more than 800m away frm the nearest MRT station. just in case i stop driving, or nx time got pple stay wif me but dun drive, and in case i wanna sell in future.

you guys are right about definition of ulu, depends on person...

Personally, I stay at braddell, at one time, i stayed at bishan, so both took less than an half an hour (include walking from home to MRT + MRT ride) to get to orchard. So anything further than yio chu kang for me is considered quite ulu...no offense ah...

Valuation for blk 54x have increased to about 450k-470k

blk 33x EM is about 800m+ from Chinese Gardens MRT, nice scenery @ Chinese Gardens...

location quite ok, there's polyclinic, market, hawker, shops, jamming studio @ Yuhua

I'm currently selling a unit at 337, feel free to contact me if anyone is interested :)

still no dream home in sight...i've got myself another agent, with the same criteria, looking for 4A to 5 room in bishan, shunfu, ang mo kio and even to serangoon north, but he keeps bringing us to see 4A in bishan and 1 in sin ming..

Anyway, recently my HLE application plus appeal got rejected, due to the income ceiling thingy....after I smsed him about the first HLE rejection, never heard from him again...sigh....maybe I'll be looking for Plastic3 soon....