Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pepamint_L

Screwed By Seller's Agent

still no dream home in sight...i've got myself another agent, with the same criteria, looking for 4A to 5 room in bishan, shunfu, ang mo kio and even to serangoon north, but he keeps bringing us to see 4A in bishan and 1 in sin ming..

Anyway, recently my HLE application plus appeal got rejected, due to the income ceiling thingy....after I smsed him about the first HLE rejection, never heard from him again...sigh....maybe I'll be looking for Plastic3 soon....

What about bank loan?

I may have a 4-room in Bishan for sale, but it is "NG" model

Best,

Mark

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
What about bank loan?

I may have a 4-room in Bishan for sale, but it is "NG" model

Best,

Mark

No choice have to go for bank loan lo....

We don't really like "NG"...maybe because its because we ai-pi- ai-qi (loosely translated: want cheap and good), that's why so difficult to find... :(

our valuation limit is <$550K, at the above mentioned locations/model, >=5 flr, non corridor unit, not ard AMK Ave 10...

Hi to all,

Thanks to all in forum for advice so far.

Just to update, we got disappointed again last week. The seller agreed accept our offer of $30k COV last Tues and that very evening, we gave our cheque for the EA at Yishun St 81.

Then the seller postponed putting his signature on the OTP, claiming he needs to wait till his wife comes home on Monday (tomorrow). They are apparently going to divorce, so now he's not sure whether she will agree to the price.

Throughout our viewings or to the selling agent, he never revealed the part about them getting a divorce and that they may have different opinions anytime before we 'closed the deal'. Although we never saw the wife during both viewings, and asked about it, he had claimed that his wife was staying with his children to help take care of grandchildren. Since it sounded logical, we believed him.... :bangwall: yes, we're gullible people...We even agreed to allow him to extend the 2nd appointment to middle of Aug to give him time to find another flat...

In the end, the agent found out that the seller did another open house on Thursday, without informing his own selling agent. He did it through another agent! He was trying to use our offer to bait for higher offers!

This is the second time we came close to getting a unit and were let down by the agent/seller. But at least this time I found both the agents (one represent buyer, the other seller) from DWG very conscientious. We didn't engage the agent, we found the ad on the net and called, so the selling agent got his colleague to be our agent. Both of them never pressed us to close the deal, and actually reminded us to not make hasty decisions because, to quote the agent 'ultimately, you will be the one staying in there for a long time'. And even when they returned us our cheque today, they were very nice about it, although we told them we were no longer looking for a resale. Then they told us about the seller story, which they only just found out as well. They now advised us better not to take the unit, even if the seller decides to turn back to us, to prevent future issues as they found the seller lacking in honesty...

But the good news is, we both got so sick and tired of all this COV, cunning agents and sellers, that we decided to pop into The Canopy at Yishun (EC) showroom for a look..Lo and behold! It was more affordable than we had imagined it to be!

We found that if we bought direct from developer, we actually paid less cash upfront and could even get a $30k CPF grant for first timers! (we were not eligible for the grant for resale or DBSS)

If we had bought the resale, we would have to come up with more than $60k of cash, not including renovation (for the state of the yishun EA, reno would be extensive!). But with this EC, we need to pay <$40k in cash, and will get new flat with all the finishings done! Plus, we will have full condo facilities to use :P

After doing the sums, we finally put our deposit down for The Canopy :D

Anyways, if you guys are interested in getting a unit at The Canopy, do PM me ok? Apparently if we refer new buyers, both the buyer AND the seller each get $2888 (for 2 room units), $3888 for 3 bedroom units..

Edited by pepamint_L

In the end, the agent found out that the seller did another open house on Thursday, without informing his own selling agent. He did it through another agent! He was trying to use our offer to bait for higher offers!

This is the second time we came close to getting a unit and were let down by the agent/seller. But at least this time I found both the agents (one represent buyer, the other seller) from DWG very conscientious. We didn't engage the agent, we found the ad on the net and called, so the selling agent got his colleague to be our agent. Both of them never pressed us to close the deal, and actually reminded us to not make hasty decisions because, to quote the agent 'ultimately, you will be the one staying in there for a long time'. And even when they returned us our cheque today, they were very nice about it, although we told them we were no longer looking for a resale. Then they told us about the seller story, which they only just found out as well. They now advised us better not to take the unit, even if the seller decides to turn back to us, to prevent future issues as they found the seller lacking in honesty...

Yishun St.81 block 87x ?

Glad to hear you've found a home :)

Best,

Mark

Yishun St.81 block 87x ?

Glad to hear you've found a home :)

Best,

Mark

Thanks! :D

Wow, you know which unit I'm talking about huh? Oh yeah, you're also from DWG....

Anyways, to anyone reading this post, during this whole resale saga, after dealing with 3 ERA agents and 3 DWG agents (including Mark, if you don't mind, I'm basing this on your posts so far), i seriously think agents from DWG are better then ERA..more straightforward, forthcoming and sincere....

Thanks! :D

Wow, you know which unit I'm talking about huh? Oh yeah, you're also from DWG....

Anyways, to anyone reading this post, during this whole resale saga, after dealing with 3 ERA agents and 3 DWG agents (including Mark, if you don't mind, I'm basing this on your posts so far), i seriously think agents from DWG are better then ERA..more straightforward, forthcoming and sincere....

I live in Yishun, I make it a point to know most (if not all) of the units selling in Yishun :)

That unit is being marketed by more than 1 agent + it's divorce case thus it is prone to complications.

Best,

Mark