Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

hi May,

just pop by to lclc, sorry no time to go thru your blog yet... cos in the midst of shifting house (tomorrow) and subsequently unpacking but since I chance on this post.... just wanna tell u what I heard from my fan installer.

My fan installer told me that he has experienced difficulty in installing fans from Malaysia cos it need a lot of try and error to balance the fan as it swings non stop..

IMHO, sanitary fittings, fan, light fittings better not try your luck cos if they turn out to be lemons, u have hard time to get them exchanged and not to mention the labour cost of replacing them..... perhaps curtains and piece meal furnitures u can consider to buy from JB though personally I dare not try my luck.

Meanwhile good luck to your renovation.... hope u hv a smooth journey..

My blog don't have much things yet... not many pictures.... have to wait till the reno starts then will have more pics. now are all research only....

ya, i went to see the sanitary wares and realised what malaysia have is more suitable for landed, not flats. So i will be buying from here loh... as for fan and lightings, too heavy to bring back by myself so i think will get it here too. the only thing i will buy from malaysia might just be curtains and that also depending on pricing.....

i don't need much furniture so its ok......

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

for sanitary fittings, you can try this shop, El Bano at 486 Sims Ave, 6743 6656.

Look for Annie, 9023 1967. Tell her Jason frm Jurong East referred u. Her service is good and honest. price is reasonable and comparable to most of the other cheap places mentioned here. and since price was abt the same, i chose her shop due to their service.

after sales service was good also, as after i had placed my order for everything and paid almost 50%, they still entertained changes happily, and not like some other places who do it with a long face, or make comments like..."aiyah, why nvr check properly before ordering" etc.

for sanitary fittings, you can try this shop, El Bano at 486 Sims Ave, 6743 6656.

Look for Annie, 9023 1967. Tell her Jason frm Jurong East referred u. Her service is good and honest. price is reasonable and comparable to most of the other cheap places mentioned here. and since price was abt the same, i chose her shop due to their service.

after sales service was good also, as after i had placed my order for everything and paid almost 50%, they still entertained changes happily, and not like some other places who do it with a long face, or make comments like..."aiyah, why nvr check properly before ordering" etc.

ok... thanks. i am going around geylang area on sat to look at sanitary ware. will go to this shop too then.

how fast water is heated up depends on a few factors.

power rating is one of them. construction is another. design of the internal components also affects. type of materials used also. got many factors la.

overall, of cos 3kW is faster than 1.5kW. but at the same power rating, diff brands and even diff models may hv diff heating times, though the difference would not be that big. at most a few minutes difference.

having said that, most joven users dun hv any complaints abt their units' heating times. i hv also read of some ariston users complaining it takes a while to heat up the water in its tank and tt it does not retain the hot water for long. i cant comment as i'm not using ariston. i'm using a joven 3kW, 25l tank.

takes only a few minutes (less than 10mins) to heat up before it cuts off power supply to the heater as the water inside has oredi reached the set temperature. if not wrong, the default temp is 60deg C. some models, depending vertical or horizontal, hv adjustable dial to adjust this set temperature. mine dun hv.

when i start my shower, i dun even hv to turn the mixer to the hot (red) region. the mixer handle is usually slightly in the cold (blue) region. but cos i take long showers, by the time i finish up, the handle would be slightly in the hot region.

even after switching off the power supply to the heater after my shower, i can still get hot water frm my mixers in the next day, depening on when i took my shower last nite. typically, the heater can hold the heated water for about 8-10hours. beyond that timing, you still can get warm water if u turn the mixer handle fully to the hot region. this is good for those who shower in the nite, and prefer using warm water to wash ur face when u wake up in the morning. no need to turn on the heater for this. save electricity....keke.

lastly, i hv read of users feedback on after sales service, such as breakdowns and repairs. general consensus is that Joven offers much better and faster response than Ariston or any other brands. most of the shops i went to during my shopping also mentioned this as a feedback for Joven.

i understand what you mean... i'm assuming here that both Ariston and Joven are equally good in their make so the heat loss or power loss would be comparable. then the most important factor will be power rating.

aiyo i think i have said many times before... HDB rule says homes with 30 Amps power supply can only install storage heater up to 1.5kW. 3kW storage heater are not allowed. that's the main arguement here. we ended up with Ariston becos Ariston is 1.5kW while Joven is 3kW. like that of course Ariston is slower. I'm not prepared to break any rules... so have to stuck with on the slower one lor.

bro actually you are against HDB rules cos i'm sure your block is also 30 Amps supply. but since you can use it now.... Shhhhh..... :lol:

Edited by marshmallow

i understand what you mean... i'm assuming here that both Ariston and Joven are equally good in their make so the heat loss or power loss would be comparable. then the most important factor will be power rating.

aiyo i think i have said many times before... HDB rule says homes with 30 Amps power supply can only install storage heater up to 1.5kW. 3kW storage heater are not allowed. that's the main arguement here. we ended up with Ariston becos Ariston is 1.5kW while Joven is 3kW. like that of course Ariston is slower. I'm not prepared to break any rules... so have to stuck with on the slower one lor.

bro actually you are against HDB rules cos i'm sure your block is also 30 Amps supply. but since you can use it now.... Shhhhh..... :lol:

sis, u sure urs is 30Amp only? my DB is 40Amp leh. cannot be incoming is only 30A and my electrician somehow "steal" another 10Amp frm somewhere else wor. if only 30Amp, den usage is very limited wor. aircon oredi 15A, cooker hob 20A, plus other electrical appliances, how to use together?

Joven also got 1.5kW models. in fact, the new rule now is manufacturer can only sell the 1.5kW models here. i heard this rule is not due to the Amp rating of individual homes, but rather issued by the authorities in an effort to go green and conserve electricity usage. if u ask me hor, i think this kind of "artificial usage reduction" is stupid. compare this: 3kW takes say, 5mins to heat up 15litres. 1.5kW takes 10mins to heat up the same 15litres. in terms of electricity consumed, aren't they both the same? the 2nd draws a lower current, but draws it for twice the amount of time. come back to square one mah.

sometimes ah...these paper-pushers hor.....come up with policies without thorough thinking wan.

Bought my lights from JB after recommendation from one of the forummers tblog. Although design is limited but its really cheap and they test everything for you before wrapping them up.

Even if its a lemon i guess wont be too much of hassle for me as i go in once every month. Oh another good purchase will be kdk fans

Bought my lights from JB after recommendation from one of the forummers tblog. Although design is limited but its really cheap and they test everything for you before wrapping them up.

Even if its a lemon i guess wont be too much of hassle for me as i go in once every month. Oh another good purchase will be kdk fans

My problem is how to bring them back too. No cars.... So have to hand carry. Very troublesome. If they do delivery, also need to pay custom and delivery fees. In the end might work out the same, right??

Can u advise me where to get the kdk fans?

Please correct me if I'm wrong on this part.

I believe the 30Amp applies to the voltage required for each electrical appliance so it has no relevance to the electricity usage. As long as ALL electrical appliance have between 10-30amp and not above 30amp, how you use the electrical appliances together is not really a problem since I can use both the oven, cooker hob, airport and the heater on at the same time at my place. :P

sis, u sure urs is 30Amp only? my DB is 40Amp leh. cannot be incoming is only 30A and my electrician somehow "steal" another 10Amp frm somewhere else wor. if only 30Amp, den usage is very limited wor. aircon oredi 15A, cooker hob 20A, plus other electrical appliances, how to use together?

Joven also got 1.5kW models. in fact, the new rule now is manufacturer can only sell the 1.5kW models here. i heard this rule is not due to the Amp rating of individual homes, but rather issued by the authorities in an effort to go green and conserve electricity usage. if u ask me hor, i think this kind of "artificial usage reduction" is stupid. compare this: 3kW takes say, 5mins to heat up 15litres. 1.5kW takes 10mins to heat up the same 15litres. in terms of electricity consumed, aren't they both the same? the 2nd draws a lower current, but draws it for twice the amount of time. come back to square one mah.

sometimes ah...these paper-pushers hor.....come up with policies without thorough thinking wan.

Went to buy lightings today. Didn't know it can cost so much for all the lights. My heart pain when I saw the total. :(

Where did u go? I went to lighting.com yesterday to work out the cost with hubby and bro, it's about 1k plus, almost 2k I think... But didn't confirm cos we still can't find the dining light which got the punch! Also, I bought my sanitary stuff Liao. $2.5k... Hubby and I almost fainted!! Didn't know that a few taps, toilet stuff can cost so much!!! But I'm lucky to have a bro who does all the research and save time of going here and there.. But bad point is my bro is too knowledgeable liao.. I seems like an outdated fool in front of him... Ha. Ha.

Edited by friends78

Where did u go? I went to lighting.com yesterday to work out the cost with hubby and bro, it's about 1k plus, almost 2k I think... But didn't confirm cos we still can't find the dining light which got the punch! Also, I bought my sanitary stuff Liao. $2.5k... Hubby and I almost fainted!! Didn't know that a few taps, toilet stuff can cost so much!!! But I'm lucky to have a bro who does all the research and save time of going here and there.. But bad point is my bro is too knowledgeable liao.. I seems like an outdated fool in front of him... Ha. Ha.

Went to the shop where my designer brought me. The dining lights is the most ex, 1.4k. That's why total is so much... How many lights you have? Oh also incl 3 fans.

Where you buy your sanitary? I also need to look for a good place to buy those.

Went to the shop where my designer brought me. The dining lights is the most ex, 1.4k. That's why total is so much... How many lights you have? Oh also incl 3 fans.

wow! thats freaking expensive...some kind of designer lights..?

sanitary wares can go to places like Poh Joo, GR link marketing, etc, frequented by renotalk peeps... :)

yeap, taps, sinks all these add up. I spent 1k on all these, despite choosing budget and non-designer stuff.

Its one of the most unexpected and underrated expenditure in reno...

Now I know y I can't find my dining light liao... The ones I looking at all less than $500. Yours 1.4k sure got the punch. Mind to pm me the shop name? I need to get inspiration by going to this kind of designer store to see see look look. I went Poh Joo but end up buying from royal fanco... Cos they carry the hood I want.

Edited by friends78

Now I know y I can't find my dining light liao... The ones I looking at all less than $500. Yours 1.4k sure got the punch. Mind to pm me the shop name? I need to get inspiration by going to this kind of designer store to see see look look. I went Poh choo but end up buying from royal fanco... Cos they carry the hood I want.

It's designer lighting, the name of the shop. Along balestier road, next to T**z gallery.

I looking at those <500 too but can't really see anything interesting. I also don't know how... Then saw this that is very nice so a bit over budget loh. :(

Edited by May_dream1