Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

wah... that was bad... but i think it's really unlucky for your case... my hubby was using gas heater all his life until he came to SG... in fact in HK, gas heater is more common than electric heater~

could be due to installation? where you install the gas heater?

Mine was BTO premium flat from HDB. The pt to install gas heater which was in the kitchen was already there when we collected our keys. Installation by City Gas, piping by HDB so I guess no issue since they did it for the whole block... Servicing guy said the problem source is the Gas heater.... The brand no good... but now I too angry to recall which brand liao... They changed it to Rinnai later... They claimed it was better lah but I sold the unit so only use it for less than 3 mths... Can't comment...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I know the feeling cos I have experienced it. Bought everything from one shop then realised that another shop is selling 3 items cheaper by $50 - $100 each... Albeit the amt is relatively small, I still can't sleep and ponder overnight... In the end, I called up the shop to cancel the 3 items... Must be thick skinned loh... But for your case, like what u said, just treat it as buying extended warranty from your contractor... Every experience is a lesson learnt... :) In any case, your dining light is awesome! :good:

thanks... yes i have the experience now and i guess no point cancelling the order since i have paid for it. They won't refund me, right? Ya, will take it as extended warranty but its only for 1 year. that is the warraty given by the shop.....

Thanks.... i do hope its worth the money. When its here, i better calculate each and every crystal since its costing me $2 for each of it. :(

oh, royal fanco don't have hansgrohe? hhhmm... i am not buying all hansgrohe, only the shower/rain shower. :)

thanks... yes i have the experience now and i guess no point cancelling the order since i have paid for it. They won't refund me, right? Ya, will take it as extended warranty but its only for 1 year. that is the warraty given by the shop.....

Thanks.... i do hope its worth the money. When its here, i better calculate each and every crystal since its costing me $2 for each of it. :(

oh, royal fanco don't have hansgrohe? hhhmm... i am not buying all hansgrohe, only the shower/rain shower. :)

hahahahaha you actually calculate the unit cost for each crystal..... :lol:

if you count all the 762 crystals, maybe more effective than counting sheep when you can sleep..... zz

Mine was BTO premium flat from HDB. The pt to install gas heater which was in the kitchen was already there when we collected our keys. Installation by City Gas, piping by HDB so I guess no issue since they did it for the whole block... Servicing guy said the problem source is the Gas heater.... The brand no good... but now I too angry to recall which brand liao... They changed it to Rinnai later... They claimed it was better lah but I sold the unit so only use it for less than 3 mths... Can't comment...

aiyoh, i never use gas heater before leh..... but the way they describe in the website seem like very very good.... also no need to worry about electrical.....

hahahahaha you actually calculate the unit cost for each crystal..... :lol:

if you count all the 762 crystals, maybe more effective than counting sheep when you can sleep..... zz

well, my sis wanted me to change the egyptian crystals to swarovski crystals which will cost me another 2k more as it needed to be change one by one... so my sis asked me to save $3 per day so that in abt 2 years time, i will be able to change the whole light into swarovski crystals loh. :bangwall: *faint*

aiyoh, i never use gas heater before leh..... but the way they describe in the website seem like very very good.... also no need to worry about electrical.....

it seems many pple are using Rinnai from what i read from RT...

maybe bro manutd can tell you more? ;)

im using gas heater, so far so good. no issues with flame going off...

But im not using rain shower la..

u can try checking with steelze, i think he mentioned before on checking with using citygas for rain shower.

:)

im using gas heater, so far so good. no issues with flame going off...

But im not using rain shower la..

u can try checking with steelze, i think he mentioned before on checking with using citygas for rain shower.

:)

ah... found the thread....

gimz63251073 gave plenty of advice here:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=34881

btw in my hubby's parents' home, you can actually set the exact temperature and the water will come out at the temperature. dunno whether those sold in SG are like that :unsure:

but wait... May, your area got city gas or not??

ah... found the thread....

gimz63251073 gave plenty of advice here:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=34881

btw in my hubby's parents' home, you can actually set the exact temperature and the water will come out at the temperature. dunno whether those sold in SG are like that :unsure:

but wait... May, your area got city gas or not??

gimz63251073 is not using rain shower so also don't know whether it works well with rain shower or not.

in SG, city gas only selling 1 type of gas heater. either you take it or leave it. :(

Yes yes... i have city gas as far as i know. that is what the seller told me when i asked him what type of stove he is using and he told me its piped gas. so means its city gas lah...

gimz63251073 is not using rain shower so also don't know whether it works well with rain shower or not.

in SG, city gas only selling 1 type of gas heater. either you take it or leave it. :(

Yes yes... i have city gas as far as i know. that is what the seller told me when i asked him what type of stove he is using and he told me its piped gas. so means its city gas lah...

in the thread got 2 other pple using rainshower... maybe you can PM them to check ;)

wah... that was bad... but i think it's really unlucky for your case... my hubby was using gas heater all his life until he came to SG... in fact in HK, gas heater is more common than electric heater~

could be due to installation? where you install the gas heater?

In HK, the heating capacity of the gas heaters is far larger than the unit sold by Citygas in S'pore. The units I used in HK and currently in China have 3 times the heating capacity of the unit sold by Citygas so unlimited and fast flowing hot water is not an issue. I asked the salesman at Citygas in December about the unit they sell and actually had it demonstrated for me in the showroom. I would never use this unit for showers; as a unit e.g. for kitchen sink or if close to your bathrooms for the washbasin it should be adequate. This is my personal view and you can always go and see the demo at the Citygas showroom. By the way, all the fears about gas leakage etc. are unfounded. They all have safety systems built in. Been using various makes of gas water heater (Rinnai, Panasonic etc.) for over 30 years and never an issue other than pilot flame going out with one unit (just needed cleaning). Complaints about slow heat up times are generally related to distance of outlet from the heater and flow rate available; outlets close to the unit e.g. 5 ft pretty much have instant heat.

Hope this helps

In HK, the heating capacity of the gas heaters is far larger than the unit sold by Citygas in S'pore. The units I used in HK and currently in China have 3 times the heating capacity of the unit sold by Citygas so unlimited and fast flowing hot water is not an issue. I asked the salesman at Citygas in December about the unit they sell and actually had it demonstrated for me in the showroom. I would never use this unit for showers; as a unit e.g. for kitchen sink or if close to your bathrooms for the washbasin it should be adequate. This is my personal view and you can always go and see the demo at the Citygas showroom. By the way, all the fears about gas leakage etc. are unfounded. They all have safety systems built in. Been using various makes of gas water heater (Rinnai, Panasonic etc.) for over 30 years and never an issue other than pilot flame going out with one unit (just needed cleaning). Complaints about slow heat up times are generally related to distance of outlet from the heater and flow rate available; outlets close to the unit e.g. 5 ft pretty much have instant heat.

Hope this helps

thanks for the info... is the low heating capacity a restriction by hdb? anywhere else sells gas heater in SG?

yup agree that the fear of leakage is unfounded... nowadays gas heater is made much more safer than 20 yrs ago.

then my main door might also get unwated attention cos i have no grille and i have digital lock and my door is different.... not classic, not nyatoh and not veneer..... my contractor says its laminate and i can choose whatever laminate or pattern i want.

hey, saw your reply on reglxt blog but decided to ask you here :D

how is your laminated door like? is it fire rated? or does your unit require fire rated main door?

cos i remember when i saw those laminated doors at shops, they are usually used as room doors, not main doors.... :dunno:

no grilles meaning...?

thanks for the info... is the low heating capacity a restriction by hdb? anywhere else sells gas heater in SG?

yup agree that the fear of leakage is unfounded... nowadays gas heater is made much more safer than 20 yrs ago.

Yes, its restricted by HDB. if you go into city gas website, there are 2 models, one for hdb and one for condo.

hey, saw your reply on reglxt blog but decided to ask you here

how is your laminated door like? is it fire rated? or does your unit require fire rated main door?

cos i remember when i saw those laminated doors at shops, they are usually used as room doors, not main doors....

I have no idea how it looks like... i have never seen it but as long as the contractor let me choose whatever laminate i like, and i can have some pattern on it, doesn't matter lah.

My unit no need fire rated... i can get fire rated but no need lah, not going to make much of a different. if there is fire, i would have jump down from my windows (will tie all my bedsheets together and let myself down). hahahaah.... :drunk:

So one of the laminated for my front door and one for my master bedroom. the store room will use the existing....