Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

oh ya you're the guy that like long shower like my hubby :lol:

i never switch off heater when i bathe... need to keep heating the water for me la~ yup it may draw standby current when not heating, but should be very little la, so it's okie if you dun leave it on for too long.

btw i asked hubby yesterday, he said MUST buy good and reputable brand cos for gas heater, lousy one will give you really lousy shower experience 8|

hahahaha... ya, he is the one that takes long shower like your hubby. he always talk abt having long showers.... hehehehe.....

hhmm... its not up to me to choose leh.. for city gas, they only have 1 model for hdb approved .... at least from i see from their website lah. i will go somerset to have a look and see whether they really do have other brand or not. maybe its not common here in SG so not that many choices available loh...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
thanks for the info... is the low heating capacity a restriction by hdb? anywhere else sells gas heater in SG?

yup agree that the fear of leakage is unfounded... nowadays gas heater is made much more safer than 20 yrs ago.

it's not really unfounded, or else why would the citygas sales person say that the unit must be installed outdoor or in unenclosed area like the yard? Reason is simply no one can guarantee that leakage will never occur at the joints which are mechanical weak points in the structure as well as the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning from the burning of fuel in enclosed environment.

it's not really unfounded, or else why would the citygas sales person say that the unit must be installed outdoor or in unenclosed area like the yard? Reason is simply no one can guarantee that leakage will never occur at the joints which are mechanical weak points in the structure as well as the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning from the burning of fuel in enclosed environment.

No worries, i am installing it next to the window in my kitchen.

No worries, i am installing it next to the window in my kitchen.

actually in hk, most pple have it in the toilets, we don't have the luxury of space to have service yard hahaha... so long as you keep windows a little open, it's good enough. 20 yrs ago, they always talk about this danger. nowadays design and safety features have improved a lot.

dun put at a place that is too windy i heard, else the flame gets blown off :)

Edited by marshmallow

I guess so. We can therefore choose to die of explosion/poisoning with gas heaters, or electrocution/tank explosion with over pressure with storage heaters or simply electrocution (and possibly scalding) with instant heaters....time for a cold shower ;)

I guess so. We can therefore choose to die of explosion/poisoning with gas heaters, or electrocution/tank explosion with over pressure with storage heaters or simply electrocution (and possibly scalding) with instant heaters....time for a cold shower ;)

hahahahahaha :lol: my hubby's previous rented place has no hot water at all... the landlady, 60++ yrs old liao, still bathing with cold water daily!

hahahahahaha :lol: my hubby's previous rented place has no hot water at all... the landlady, 60++ yrs old liao, still bathing with cold water daily!

shower in cold water is good.... at least won't make your hair drop as much. :)

shower in cold water is good.... at least won't make your hair drop as much. :)

hahahaha... my hubby said he really felt that he was healthier during the period when he bathed with cold water. but after one particularly chilly december, he couldn't tahan anymore and started boiling water with kettle... after that, can't go back to bathe with cold water anymore :lol:

yup. my hair stylist also said this before... but he said use luke warm water cos cold water is not effective to wash off oil.

hahahaha... my hubby said he really felt that he was healthier during the period when he bathed with cold water. but after one particularly chilly december, he couldn't tahan anymore and started boiling water with kettle... after that, can't go back to bathe with cold water anymore :lol:

yup. my hair stylist also said this before... but he said use luke warm water cos cold water is not effective to wash off oil.

hahaha... are you sure he was healthier cos shower in cold water or was younger at that time?

luke warm water also not as good as cold... hahaha...

hahaha... are you sure he was healthier cos shower in cold water or was younger at that time?

luke warm water also not as good as cold... hahaha...

hahaha this was just last year, so very recent only... not becos he was much younger. he said he can feel the difference, quite significant wor.

hahaha this was just last year, so very recent only... not becos he was much younger. he said he can feel the difference, quite significant wor.

oh.. then off the heater lah. let him shower in cold water.

oh.. then off the heater lah. let him shower in cold water.

hahahaha cannot la... what if he takes revenge and does the same on me? i'll die of coldness during shower~ :help: hahahaha~

hahahaha cannot la... what if he takes revenge and does the same on me? i'll die of coldness during shower~ :help: hahahaha~

hahahah... your hubby will not treat you like that lah. :)