Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

aiyoh, u got city gas ah? use gas heater liao lah!!!.....

i was using gas heater at my previous place....so in love wif it...no limitations in terms of water temperature, electricity supply AND consumption.

but yes, water pressure will be lower the higher the temperature selected. one solution is to use overhead rainshower. so even wif a drop in water pressure, u still will get a wide shower spray coming down.

but in the long run, gas heater is so much better than anything tt uses electricity lor. ur PUB bills also will be so much lower. even if u take very long showers, like me. u imagine this....3kW storage heater, on for abt 8mins to heat up 25litres, den while u're showering, it's still on and consuming electricity, shower for 10-15mins (average. but for me, it's more like 20-30mins), before u finally switch it off. hw much wld tt hv cost u in terms of electricity bills oredi? compared wif gas? oh and dun forget. while soaping up, u may turn off the water, but the storage heater is still consuming electricity. but for gas heater, once u turn off the water, no more gas consumption. when u turn the water back on, den the flame ignites again and gas is consumed.

so for gas heater, gas is consumed when u use water. so u pay for only wat u effectively use.

but for electricity storage heater, so long as it is on, electricity is consumed whether water is used or not. so u pay even when u not using. not efficient way of using energy. 8|

bro! *high 5* my hubby swe*rs by gas heater too... he always complained about storage heater esp when we went back home for CNY. My parents' home uses storage heater... can you imagine running out of hot water while bathing in a cold winter night... my hubby was so traumatised LOL :lol:

why oh why our area has no city gas......... :bangwall::curse:

for electrical storage heater, once the water is heated until set temperature, heating will stop so won't consume anymore electricity. but when the water cools down the heater will be on again...

anyway, in Singapore:

Electrical tariff : $0.24+ per kWh

Gas tariff: $0.17+ per kWh

sigh :bangwall:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
aiyoh, u got city gas ah? use gas heater liao lah!!!.....

i was using gas heater at my previous place....so in love wif it...no limitations in terms of water temperature, electricity supply AND consumption.

but yes, water pressure will be lower the higher the temperature selected. one solution is to use overhead rainshower. so even wif a drop in water pressure, u still will get a wide shower spray coming down.

but in the long run, gas heater is so much better than anything tt uses electricity lor. ur PUB bills also will be so much lower. even if u take very long showers, like me. u imagine this....3kW storage heater, on for abt 8mins to heat up 25litres, den while u're showering, it's still on and consuming electricity, shower for 10-15mins (average. but for me, it's more like 20-30mins), before u finally switch it off. hw much wld tt hv cost u in terms of electricity bills oredi? compared wif gas? oh and dun forget. while soaping up, u may turn off the water, but the storage heater is still consuming electricity. but for gas heater, once u turn off the water, no more gas consumption. when u turn the water back on, den the flame ignites again and gas is consumed.

so for gas heater, gas is consumed when u use water. so u pay for only wat u effectively use.

but for electricity storage heater, so long as it is on, electricity is consumed whether water is used or not. so u pay even when u not using. not efficient way of using energy. 8|

oh, that's how it works? then who will run the gas piping? where can i buy the gas heater?

Lightings

Even though I have been to a few lighting shops to do research but the other day when my contractor brought me to look at lightings, I forget everything that I wrote down and researched. So in the end I bought all my lights and fans at a price which I think it's too expensive, after paying for it. :bangwall:

So for those that have yet to buy lights, try not to go with your ID or contractor. My sanitary wares will be done by myself without him. Don't care what he says.... There could be few hundred dollars of savings!!!

Since I have bought what I have bought from the shop, here is a photo of my light that is costing me so much:

0f2e330d.jpg

There are a total of 762 crystals....

Edited by May_dream1

Lightings

Even though I have been to a few lighting shops to do research but the other day when my contractor brought me to look at lightings, I forget everything that I wrote down and researched. So in the end I bought all my lights and fans at a price which I think it's too expensive, after paying for it. :bangwall:

So for those that have yet to buy lights, try not to go with your ID or contractor. My sanitary wares will be done by myself without him. Don't care what he says.... There could be few hundred dollars of savings!!!

Since I have bought what I have bought from the shop, here is a photo of my light that is costing me so much:

0f2e330d.jpg

:( :(

aiyo, since u paid for it liao, then don think too much le...

so u got yr hansgrohe mixers? :notti: :notti:

:( :(

aiyo, since u paid for it liao, then don think too much le...

so u got yr hansgrohe mixers? :notti: :notti:

Cannot leh.... Feel heartache leh :(

Not yet... Will go this weekend!!

Cannot leh.... Feel heartache leh :(

Not yet... Will go this weekend!!

bo bian la... look forward~~ :)

don make the same mistake again lo..

0f2e330d.jpg

very nice :wub:

we'll never get such nice lamp... cos hubby and i are both lazy pple that won't wanna clean up all the crystals hahahaha :lol:

my home doesn't have any nice lighting pieces sigh :bangwall:

very nice :wub:

we'll never get such nice lamp... cos hubby and i are both lazy pple that won't wanna clean up all the crystals hahahaha :lol:

my home doesn't have any nice lighting pieces sigh :bangwall:

Thanks thanks.... I hope it looks as nice at home than at the shop. :)

It was chosen by my sis... So just get it since she likes it!!

Lightings

0f2e330d.jpg

I know the feeling cos I have experienced it. Bought everything from one shop then realised that another shop is selling 3 items cheaper by $50 - $100 each... Albeit the amt is relatively small, I still can't sleep and ponder overnight... In the end, I called up the shop to cancel the 3 items... Must be thick skinned loh... But for your case, like what u said, just treat it as buying extended warranty from your contractor... Every experience is a lesson learnt... :) In any case, your dining light is awesome! :good:

Ya so I will go buy by myself hansgrohe items without my contractor.

Then u can skip Royal Fanco already... I don't think they got carry Hansgrohe leh... Can call to check leh...

then alternative is city gas heater... see, only 2 choices now :lol:

I use City Gas heater for my previous Sengkang flat and my hubby and I hated it very much! We experienced cold water on and off while bathing... Best part, it actually broke down during my confinement! Imagine suddenly bathing in cold water during confinement! And City Gas servicing is not cheap. Each time is $50... heater spoilt buy from them still need to pay $50 installation charge on top of paying for the cost of $200 gas heater even thou the change was recommended by the servicing guy... Servicing guy came, just shaked head by looking at my gas heater and said 'Sorry, no spare part for this model. Need to change a new unit.' Just like that $200 plus gone... can't even go other places to compare price...

Now we sweared off Gas heater liao....Maybe we were just plain unlucky but once is enough! Having said that, no matter how unreasonable I was, shouting at the City Gas people (cos that time bad mood mah...everything happened at the same time: just given birth.. cannot cope with baby... bath cold water... short of money...still asked me to pay $$$), the customer service and the servicing guys were awesome! They were very patience, friendly and helpful... Very good customer service indeed!

Edited by friends78

I use City Gas heater for my previous Sengkang flat and my hubby and I hated it very much! We experienced cold water on and off while bathing... Best part, it actually broke down during my confinement! Imagine suddenly bathing in cold water during confinement! And City Gas servicing is not cheap. Each time is $50... heater spoilt buy from them still need to pay $50 installation charge on top of paying for the cost of $200 gas heater even thou the change was recommended by the servicing guy... Servicing guy came, just shaked head by looking at my gas heater and said 'Sorry, no spare part for this model. Need to change a new unit.' Just like that $200 plus gone... can't even go other places to compare price...

Now we sweared off Gas heater liao....Maybe we were just plain unlucky but once is enough! Having said that, no matter how unreasonable I was, shouting at the City Gas people (cos that time bad mood mah...everything happened at the same time: just given birth.. cannot cope with baby... bath cold water... short of money...still asked me to pay $$$), the customer service and the servicing guys were awesome! They were very patience, friendly and helpful... Very good customer service indeed!

wah... that was bad... but i think it's really unlucky for your case... my hubby was using gas heater all his life until he came to SG... in fact in HK, gas heater is more common than electric heater~

could be due to installation? where you install the gas heater?