Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

I have no idea how it looks like... i have never seen it but as long as the contractor let me choose whatever laminate i like, and i can have some pattern on it, doesn't matter lah.

My unit no need fire rated... i can get fire rated but no need lah, not going to make much of a different. if there is fire, i would have jump down from my windows (will tie all my bedsheets together and let myself down). hahahaah.... :drunk:

So one of the laminated for my front door and one for my master bedroom. the store room will use the existing....

i see... yours is corridor unit? hahahahaha you should have enough bedsheets to do so... 6th floor only nia :lol:

that time my contractor told me that laminated doors can choose patterns, but not as good and durable as nyatoh or veneer doors :unsure:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
i see... yours is corridor unit? hahahahaha you should have enough bedsheets to do so... 6th floor only nia :lol:

that time my contractor told me that laminated doors can choose patterns, but not as good and durable as nyatoh or veneer doors :unsure:

really?? mine didn't tell me. i will have to ask him again.

yes, mine is corridor unit.... that is why i wanted a bit more bedsheets!! as backup for fire escape.... hahaa....

I don't like nyatoh or veneer cos its wood colour. i want something different.

thanks for the info... is the low heating capacity a restriction by hdb? anywhere else sells gas heater in SG?

yup agree that the fear of leakage is unfounded... nowadays gas heater is made much more safer than 20 yrs ago.

I believe the low heating capacity and water flow rate are due to HDB regs. Could be for environmental reasons to conserve resources could also be to save construction costs to minimise piping size, pumps etc.

I have only seen 1 HDB approved gas heater and that is the Rinnai heater currently sold by Citygas which has a peak capacity of 8l/min flowrate...I have a Chow Chow dog which drools more saliva/minute than this heater would provide water via a rain shower :D

really?? mine didn't tell me. i will have to ask him again.

yes, mine is corridor unit.... that is why i wanted a bit more bedsheets!! as backup for fire escape.... hahaa....

I don't like nyatoh or veneer cos its wood colour. i want something different.

laminated door doesn't look so different from wooden door imho....

decorative-laminated-door01.jpg

laminated-door01.jpg

Laminated-Door-pa-039-.jpg

or your ID has some special designs? ask him for catalogues leh... hee hee.

Edited by marshmallow

my research and understanding from IDs is that for laminate doors, u will see the laminate joining lines along the edge of the whole door. this is the same concept for any laminate carpentry work. so, that's possibility of laminate peeling off over the years.

but for veneer door, u wont see any joining lines because the cover (or sticker or wadever) is over the whole door one. it is not pasted from different cut out pieces.

Edited by steelze

my research and understanding from IDs is that for laminate doors, u will see the laminate joining lines along the edge of the whole door. this is the same concept for any laminate carpentry work. so, that's possibility of laminate peeling off over the years.

but for veneer door, u wont see any joining lines because the cover (or sticker or wadever) is over the whole door one. it is not pasted from different cut out pieces.

that's why laminated doors are cheaper too from what i understand....

huh? i am paying more for the laminate door compared to veneer. if i choose veneer, i will save some money loh.....

huh? i am paying more for the laminate door compared to veneer. if i choose veneer, i will save some money loh.....

then i think it's better find out what kind of laminated door is your ID providing. it could be some special ones that we don't know?

i said it's cheaper cos i've seen laminated doors at the shops going for less than $200 for simple designs ($500 for 3 or something like that).

depending on the laminate used for the laminate door. some laminate are more expensive, there door cost will increase also...

Edited by steelze

depending on the laminate used for the laminate door. some laminate are more expensive, there door cost will increase also...

if i choose veneer, its $300 per door and if i choose laminate, its $400 per door.

i have no chance to look at the doors yet. but basically, for my bedroom door, one side will be same laminate as the TV feature wall and the other side will be same laminate as my tv feature wall in bedroom. so both side have different laminate so that it will be flushed in together with my tv feature wall. So can only see the line between door and feature wall but might not know its a door.... if i design the door properly... heheheeh....

if i choose veneer, its $300 per door and if i choose laminate, its $400 per door.

i have no chance to look at the doors yet. but basically, for my bedroom door, one side will be same laminate as the TV feature wall and the other side will be same laminate as my tv feature wall in bedroom. so both side have different laminate so that it will be flushed in together with my tv feature wall. So can only see the line between door and feature wall but might not know its a door.... if i design the door properly... heheheeh....

oh special one... i see :)

if your ID ask you to choose those like i posted above and charge you $400, remember to 8| him hahahahahaha :lol:

oh special one... i see :)

if your ID ask you to choose those like i posted above and charge you $400, remember to 8| him hahahahahaha :lol:

hhmm..... cos wanted my door to blend in with the feature wall so cannot really see where is the door. :)

ya, if its like those you posted, i will ask him to change to normal veneer... save me some money to buy another light. hahahaha....

bro! *high 5* my hubby swe*rs by gas heater too... he always complained about storage heater esp when we went back home for CNY. My parents' home uses storage heater... can you imagine running out of hot water while bathing in a cold winter night... my hubby was so traumatised LOL :lol:

why oh why our area has no city gas......... :bangwall::curse:

for electrical storage heater, once the water is heated until set temperature, heating will stop so won't consume anymore electricity. but when the water cools down the heater will be on again...

anyway, in Singapore:

Electrical tariff : $0.24+ per kWh

Gas tariff: $0.17+ per kWh

sigh :bangwall:

i once tried switching off the heater when i went to start my shower. but, alas, cos i take long showers, i found myself having to switch it back on again midway through my shower.

even if heating stops, the heater will still draw a standby current simply by being turned on.

see, gas so much cheaper than electricity.

oh, that's how it works? then who will run the gas piping? where can i buy the gas heater?

best to engage City Gas to run the piping. much much safer and hassle-free. heater can also buy frm their showroom at Somerset Road. Most popular brand is Rinnai. apparently tried and tested. i used Rinnai at my old plc but they've changed to a newer model nw oredi so can't comment. but old one never failed me at all during almost 8yrs.

i once tried switching off the heater when i went to start my shower. but, alas, cos i take long showers, i found myself having to switch it back on again midway through my shower.

even if heating stops, the heater will still draw a standby current simply by being turned on.

best to engage City Gas to run the piping. much much safer and hassle-free. heater can also buy frm their showroom at Somerset Road. Most popular brand is Rinnai. apparently tried and tested. i used Rinnai at my old plc but they've changed to a newer model nw oredi so can't comment. but old one never failed me at all during almost 8yrs.

i think only can ask citygas if using gas heater loh. cannot ask other ppl.... since you say its good, ok lah... i believe you. will go somerset road to have a look.

oh ya you're the guy that like long shower like my hubby :lol:

i never switch off heater when i bathe... need to keep heating the water for me la~ yup it may draw standby current when not heating, but should be very little la, so it's okie if you dun leave it on for too long.

i think only can ask citygas if using gas heater loh. cannot ask other ppl.... since you say its good, ok lah... i believe you. will go somerset road to have a look.

btw i asked hubby yesterday, he said MUST buy good and reputable brand cos for gas heater, lousy one will give you really lousy shower experience 8|