Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Webbit

How Much To Save?

sorry, i dont understand that part - means your buy in's (and selling, to buy in again?) amount to 2.2m ie. the movements amount to 2.2m; or you levered up on the 250k to 2.2m? how much did the transaction costs come up to roughly? Thanks!

Exact "accumulated" yearly(2010) buying-in figure was 2,235,869.60. This is the figure of summation of price of all counters that were bought during 2010. Meaning many in/out transactions. Still got abt $220k got "stuck" in the mkt, if sell now(price @today 5pm) will lose some 32k.

2,235,869.6/250k = 8.94 times! Remisier is a long-standing ex-colleague, has been sending me season greeting cards, calender, books......He earns my brokage fee till "siao" liao. Take buy brokage fee at 0.275%, & sell brokage fee at another 0.275%.....

Edited by bepgof

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Exact "accumulated" yearly(2010) buying-in figure was 2,235,869.60. This is the figure of summation of price of all counters that were bought during 2010. Meaning many in/out transactions. Still got abt $220k got "stuck" in the mkt, if sell now(price @today 5pm) will lose some 32k.

2,235,869.6/250k = 8.94 times! Remisier is a long-standing ex-colleague, has been sending me season greeting cards, calender, books......He earns my brokage fee till "siao" liao. Take buy brokage fee at 0.275%, & sell brokage fee at another 0.275%.....

so it's 2.2m worth of trades, from a initial capital of 250k. buy fees on 2.2m worth of buy transactions @ 0.275% is $6,050! is that how it's calculated?

so it's 2.2m worth of trades, from a initial capital of 250k. buy fees on 2.2m worth of buy transactions @ 0.275% is $6,050! is that how it's calculated?

2.2mx(0.275%+0.275%)=12,100.

+ clearing fee @ 0.04% +access fee @ 0.0075% +gst @7% (buy & sell subject to all these)

Edited by bepgof

Also can add in the monthly payouts from CPF LIFE when you reach the drawn down age. A chunk of your CPF Retirement Account monies (transferred from the Special Account and Ordinary Account when you turn 55) will be used to buy the annuity.

Retirement, simple yet difficult, need fix some assumptions first before calculation is made possible thus following make sense:

Assumptions, at retirement age(say 60 year old):

- No financial liabilities for all sort of "loans"-eg car loan, house loan, hire & purchase....

- Insurance premiums all fully paid.

- No need to give $, in whatever forms( eg Angbao...,), to relatives, children, grandchildren.....

- Best with some sources of income. eg, From chrildren, dividend of stock, interest of some deposit, rental of some assets,need no payment of taxation.......

- Retirement lasts for 15 years.

- Forget about the SA in CPF.

Calculations:

- Everythings apportioned to monthly based.

- Eat, cloth, entertain, tpt, social....- $400

- Medical expenses-$100

- household utilities bills -$150

- CPI of 3%-5% is negligible and omitted.

- No other income sources.

So, mothly abt 400+100+150 = $650

Yearly = $7,800

15 years = $117,000

In other words, now need to set aside $650 (in OA or cash)monthly for 15 years without fail!

Above just an example of a down-to-earth "template" of assumptions & calculation for retirement age, can follow & modify to suit your own need. No copy right. :P

2.2mx(0.275%+0.275%)=12,100.

+ clearing fee @ 0.04% +access fee @ 0.0075% +gst @7% (buy & sell subject to all these)

so your 19.5k profit is net after these transaction costs? Actually, if you still have 220k capital in the market, means your gross return of 19.k is derived from 30k? Is there any specific reason why you choose to go through a remisier than use an internet platform?

I got lost with the mathematical formulas :)

Given a choice, and if I had the resources, I would stay in HDB and buy at least one private ppty. This private ppty would be my "savings" in case I need money when I'm old or if I need the money for other reasons, e.g.

- Children's education (in case they want to study overseas)

- Medical expenses (touchwood will be healthy so don't need to incur too much expenses)

This private ppty would be a FH or 999-yr leasehold. I would rent it out and let it "self-finance" (rental pay for monthly loan), and sell it when I need the money. I believe this ppty would enjoy capital appreciation over the years and help me to cope with the inflation in the future.

Edited by blue_skies

The above-mentioned rates are internet-usage based, UOB Kayhian, standard rates, no discount, everybody the same. $19.5k is net take home profit. I switched to internet trading abt 2 years ago liao. If through phone, the rates will be even higher. Whether phone or internet, still needs a remisier to serve, just in case the net is down. Remisier sends me almost 10 different reports each trading day, for information. Very tired reading all those.....but still need to read for keeping myself up to date. Like now Eqypt unrest....investors worry the unrest will spread to oil-rich neighbouring countries then oil price.....everythings' prices will be affected...sigh.

so your 19.5k profit is net after these transaction costs? Actually, if you still have 220k capital in the market, means your gross return of 19.k is derived from 30k? Is there any specific reason why you choose to go through a remisier than use an internet platform?
Edited by bepgof

Precisely, great minds think/do alike. :D

When young, no choice no enough money, have to work & save hard, redeemed HDB unit and bought a L99 private, then redeemed private and sell away and bought a resale HDB for staying and same time buy a FH for standby...This is exactly what i did/do. Imagine 2010 hdb resale PPI increase 14% & private 17%, with my experience & skill in stock mkt could make only 7.8%!

I've once(2007) converted SGD72k into USD50K in a timed deposit, I made a decisive decision(because of the L brother) to quit after abt a year later & lost abt SGD7k, if I still hold on, l would have lost more. Some months later, I put abt SGD100K into NZD 3-monthtime deposit with 8% interest rate( now no more 8%!), I recovered back the loss about a year later ! I'm now tempted to go into RMB, but which banks in Singapore provide such service as RMB time-deposit (earn interest & appreciation)- I've checked with all banks - none! May be can consider to buy from money changer and keep the RMB in home's safebox and wait for appreciation( how many % yearly?) and forego the interest return.

I got lost with the mathematical formulas :)

Given a choice, and if I had the resources, I would stay in HDB and buy at least one private ppty. This private ppty would be my "savings" in case I need money when I'm old or if I need the money for other reasons, e.g.

- Children's education (in case they want to study overseas)

- Medical expenses (touchwood will be healthy so don't need to incur too much expenses)

This private ppty would be a FH or 999-yr leasehold. I would rent it out and let it "self-finance" (rental pay for monthly loan), and sell it when I need the money. I believe this ppty would enjoy capital appreciation over the years and help me to cope with the inflation in the future.

Edited by bepgof

Precisely, great minds think/do alike. :D

I'm now tempted to go into RMB, but which banks in Singapore provide such service as RMB time-deposit (earn interest & appreciation)- I've checked with all banks - none! May be can consider to buy from money changer and keep the RMB in home's safebox and wait for appreciation( how many % yearly?) and forego the interest return.

Had wanted to put time deposits in RMB as well. Several banks offer RMB time deposits, like Bank of China. U can google their website. HSBC i heard is offering it as well.

i reckon RMB will keep on strengthening untill their property bubble burst (which will certainly come, just a matter of time).

The above-mentioned rates are internet-usage based, UOB Kayhian, standard rates, no discount, everybody the same. $19.5k is net take home profit. I switched to internet trading abt 2 years ago liao. If through phone, the rates will be even higher. Whether phone or internet, still needs a remisier to serve, just in case the net is down. Remisier sends me almost 10 different reports each trading day, for information. Very tired reading all those.....but still need to read for keeping myself up to date. Like now Eqypt unrest....investors worry the unrest will spread to oil-rich neighbouring countries then oil price.....everythings' prices will be affected...sigh.

so you are able trade during the day assuming sgx/asian mkts while at work (your employer doesn't block trading sites; or you use a smart-mobile friendly app, etc). can go and check out other platforms - depending on your transaction size, whether have tiered rate. all the best for the remainder still vested :)

Edited by random_username