Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wind30

Building To The Max

Is anyone living with his neighbour just 4m away for landed housing? ie built to the max?

To me 4m looks REALLY close. Especially if everyone built high high.... is that sort of landed living desirable for you personally? Or would you rather setback like 4m and have like 8m spacing?

but the point is that there is no guarantee that your neighbour will do that so everyone being KS...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Is anyone living with his neighbour just 4m away for landed housing? ie built to the max?

To me 4m looks REALLY close. Especially if everyone built high high.... is that sort of landed living desirable for you personally? Or would you rather setback like 4m and have like 8m spacing?

but the point is that there is no guarantee that your neighbour will do that so everyone being KS...

Hi wind30,

My place is a corner terrace. For my front, I do a setback of about 14 metres from the longest point so that the house will look bigger from the outside. My corner setback from the longest point is about 4.5 metres and my back setback is 2 metres. The URA guide states that the front setback should be at least 7.5 m, corner setback and rear setback at 2 metres for the first 2 levels and 3 metres from 3rd levels onwards. There is a backlane behind my neighbour's house and my house which is about 4.5 metres. Hence, the total distance between the rear of the two houses is about 8 metres. I find it a bit too near but tolerable. I agree with you that 4 metres setback which is 2 metres from each neighbour is too near for comfort.

I did not build my house to the maximum allowable space so that there will be more outdoor space.

If space permit, you can do a 4 metres setback and plant tall bamboo plant behind to shield yourself from neighbour's prying eyes. :yamseng: