Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
superchrisho

Our First Home

Some pictures of the place

p1155057.jpg

Living room. Considering whether to put in frosted windows, and also deciding what kind of windows... louver or sliding

Sliding is easier to maintain than louvre type, but usually is frosted type for privacy....

p1155041.jpg

View from partition wall to kitchen. It should be a lot brighter once we get the wall down.

on the right side of this kitchen entrance this should be the gas-pipe, you can always call up citygas to reroute the gasmeter outside the unit. I did mine also.... :)

think if not wrong, ur block is the pioneer batch where the MUP was done at a cheap 3k+ cost to get utility room, retrofit toilets.....

your floorplan is the exact mirror image of mine.... hehehe

Edited by neubie

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
:jawdrop: A clock that run on electricity?? Is there such thing??

yes, diamond brand AC-powered clock. runs very zhun one! u can still find it in the older coffeeshops in tiong bahru..... :rolleyes:

Topfloor, nice!

Which means likely you would have a higher ceiling I suppose?

It's so deja vu, the tpy estate has quite a no of really original layouts.

Your rubbish chute, clocks and switches.. fantastic.

So are you gng for those retro theme? :)

The gaspipe that comes from the bottom from the ground cannot be shifted,

however the meter can be rerouted outside as neubie mentions.

this would facilitate the city gas persons to take the measurement.

p1155045.jpg

kitchen with the gas meter right there!! Argh! This one will be a headache coz we're thinking of routing the gas meter to outside the flat, but problem is the gas comes in from the kitchen floor.(??!!!??) I think that's one of the disadvantage of living on the top floor.

p1155065.jpg

This is the current rubbish chute! Never seen this kind in my life... guess haven't lived long enough. We're thinking of keeping this. Get the contractor to remove it, then we clean it up, repaint, maybe install it somewhere inside the house as like a feature thing. Still thinking. :D

p1155067.jpg

We kinda like these round ancient switches... so we're thinking of keeping some of them to use as a kinda retro design. See how... probably use some thinner and then maybe repaint it to a fresh colour... matte white or mint green

p1155069.jpg

Ancient switch. Dun think we'll be keeping this.... too blockish and o biang

A couple of three roomers also did this configuration; goobii, durainlane, dexufto to name a few..

Being at the top floor, I don't suppose you have impeding sewage pipes like ours?

Master Bedroom. Planning to hack a hole in the wall so that we have access to the toilet.

p1155054.jpg

Topfloor, nice!

Which means likely you would have a higher ceiling I suppose?

It's so deja vu, the tpy estate has quite a no of really original layouts.

Your rubbish chute, clocks and switches.. fantastic.

So are you gng for those retro theme? :)

The gaspipe that comes from the bottom from the ground cannot be shifted,

however the meter can be rerouted outside as neubie mentions.

this would facilitate the city gas persons to take the measurement.

Our ceiling doesn't seem any higher leh. Maybe not noticeable to us.

We're thinking of using some of the ancient pieces to form kinda like a modern retro theme. Just to create some timelessness feeling.

Yah, we'll get citygas peeps to move the meter out coz we're planning to use the gas heater and dryer.

A couple of three roomers also did this configuration; goobii, durainlane, dexufto to name a few..

Being at the top floor, I don't suppose you have impeding sewage pipes like ours?

You mean the configuration of having the rotating TV console? We thought about it, but we decided against it coz it'll defeat the purpose of a open concept and allowing the light to come in.

Err... what sewage pipe? Where?

ur place reminds me of my ah ma hse in redhill man...mayb u can keep the painting as heirloom... :P

wah piangzzzzzz the painting it like super o biang manz! I see already make me think of days that have to go for water rationing exercise! :bleah:

Sliding is easier to maintain than louvre type, but usually is frosted type for privacy....

on the right side of this kitchen entrance this should be the gas-pipe, you can always call up citygas to reroute the gasmeter outside the unit. I did mine also.... :)

think if not wrong, ur block is the pioneer batch where the MUP was done at a cheap 3k+ cost to get utility room, retrofit toilets.....

your floorplan is the exact mirror image of mine.... hehehe

Thinking, maybe if do louvre with frosted glass. Then like that we can have the option of having 100% open for maximum light and wind, then can close bottom for privacy if we need, then use roman blinds for 100% blackout if we want to watch tv. Only think as you mention is the maintenance.

Yah, yours and mine have same floorplan but mirror image.

Here's what my wife and I have in mind for part of the kitchen layout at the toilet side. Pardon my drawing skills ah... not a designer :P

The idea is to have the appliances close together, and have a side cabinet for all the long handle items like broom and mop.

kitchenlayout2.jpg

Edited by superchrisho

This is the idea for kitchen layout at cooker hob side.

The measurements aren't exact or to scale coz it's just our idea for the time being. There will be some constraints to this design as there's the dreaded hdb beams on the ceiling. I guess we'll have to see how the carpenter figures things out.

Again, pardon my drawing... :P

kitchenlayout1.jpg

Nice drawings! I wish I can draw as well as u can so I'm able to convey my ideas across. I'll be living in TPY in a year time once my hse is TOP. Hope yr reno is smooth!

Nice drawings! I wish I can draw as well as u can so I'm able to convey my ideas across. I'll be living in TPY in a year time once my hse is TOP. Hope yr reno is smooth!

Thanks. Just look at some videos from youtube on perspective drawing can liao. :paint: hahaha

Had to do so, that way we can give the carpenter our ideas exactly to measurement. No miscom this way mah. Just met with carpenter today so have to make some modifications. There are some standards that they go by, so that's why lah.

Hope everything is smooth with yours too. TYP is da best!