Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sng28

Quotation Without Actual Measurements

I've got another question for all. I measure my length of the room as 9ft but i realised that I'm charged more than 9ft for most contractors....is that a norm? Its a full heigh wardrobe that i'm looking at and apparently its not 1 but 2 contractors who charges me 2ft extra without indication as they do not indicate how much per ft and then show the multiply sums like ID's quote. I happened to find out when i was confirming with an ID who tries to charge me me like another 10ft more (19ft in fact the length of the room is only 9ft) ...thats when i put the measuring tape down myself and realised the DIFFERENCE! :o

Hi,

I've received quotation from my ID without doing actual measurements even though he was on site. How accurate will that be? Just a curious note as the floor plan which i've provided only shows the horizontal measurements on the floorplan and not the vertical ones. :dunno: Shld i still keep him as an option or should i just move on to the next best candidate?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I've got another question for all. I measure my length of the room as 9ft but i realised that I'm charged more than 9ft for most contractors....is that a norm? Its a full heigh wardrobe that i'm looking at and apparently its not 1 but 2 contractors who charges me 2ft extra without indication as they do not indicate how much per ft and then show the multiply sums like ID's quote. I happened to find out when i was confirming with an ID who tries to charge me me like another 10ft more (19ft in fact the length of the room is only 9ft) ...thats when i put the measuring tape down myself and realised the DIFFERENCE! :o

erm if you don't know how much per foot run, how you know they charge you 2ft more from the total sum?

erm if you don't know how much per foot run, how you know they charge you 2ft more from the total sum?

actually they only give me an overall sum which is sth like the dimension of the wardrobe 2844mmx600mmx2830mmht = $1980. and for the same wardrobe which my id indicates full ht wardrobe $165 per ft he indicates 9ft = $1485.

Its for the same place same size..so i use backwards..calculation..either i wan to see it as they charging me $220 per ft or they charging me more (1980-1485) / 165 which is 3 ft more.......not sure if i'm wrong abt this

this is for a open closet wardrobe without doors..in short..just a carcass.....

actually they only give me an overall sum which is sth like the dimension of the wardrobe 2844mmx600mmx2830mmht = $1980. and for the same wardrobe which my id indicates full ht wardrobe $165 per ft he indicates 9ft = $1485.

Its for the same place same size..so i use backwards..calculation..either i wan to see it as they charging me $220 per ft or they charging me more (1980-1485) / 165 which is 3 ft more.......not sure if i'm wrong abt this

this is for a open closet wardrobe without doors..in short..just a carcass.....

no la you can't say they charge you 3 ft more like that, you can only say their per foot run price is more ex~

1st one is charging $220 pfr and 2nd one $165 pfr~ but you need to see what are the things these 2 different contractors will supply. pole system? etc? $220 pfr is quite common for normal wardrobe (with doors) but i can't comment on open one no info on this aspect~

hahaha you making me laugh at myself :D hehehehe but the irony part is $220 is contractor and $165 is ID. Its carcass old type wardrobe...no pole system...just imagine the white wardrobe box frame with 3 columns and iron bars top and bottom.(which is simply cupboard without doors) .......i don't fancy pole as it accumulates dust more easily than the old open wardrobe

btw is it true that the price is the same with or without doors for the wardrobe carcass?

no la you can't say they charge you 3 ft more like that, you can only say their per foot run price is more ex~

1st one is charging $220 pfr and 2nd one $165 pfr~ but you need to see what are the things these 2 different contractors will supply. pole system? etc? $220 pfr is quite common for normal wardrobe (with doors) but i can't comment on open one no info on this aspect~

Edited by sng28

hahaha you making me laugh at myself :D hehehehe but the irony part is $220 is contractor and $165 is ID. Its carcass old type wardrobe...no pole system...just imagine the white wardrobe box frame with 3 columns and iron bars top and bottom.(which is simply cupboard without doors) .......i don't fancy pole as it accumulates dust more easily than the old open wardrobe

btw is it true that the price is the same with or without doors for the wardrobe carcass?

Its depend. With doors, inside use pvc. Without doors, its all laminate unless u go live with pvc exposed. Same goes to white pvc and coloured pvc, different pricing too. Different wood for the carcass also cost differently, eg, plywood, board block, chipboard, pine wood, ash wood, etc....

Edited by jaskel

Hi,

I've been quoted $2.90 per sqft $400 and $2.50 per sqft $450 for tiles in my common toilet. I'm confused by the difference. Is there someone overquoting me here? cause when i do the division it only shows that my toilet has 2 different per sqft sizes!!!!!!!

$2.90psf and $2.50psf tiles is limited selection only. There is tiles there are $2.20-$14psf so most likely they are giving u a gauge on the cost, if u selected the tiles above it mean u need to pay additional cost . :yamseng:

Condo and HDB charges are different for wardrobe. HDB height is only 8ft which is just nice eg. using 1 laminate, 1 plywood for the carcass, etc. so wastage is min. as for Condo is 9-12ft ceiling height which mean using 2 laminate, 2 plywood for the carcass, etc...so the cost will be extra just for the material and labour itself. Hope this clear your doubts. For those who quote u actually is maybe for HDB height and then box-up the rest on top.

Woah okie that's some info! :) btw can I ask another stupid qn... I'm thinking of using granite and was quote by a range of 1500 - 2400 for 15ft top. Is it normal to hv the top in more than 2 pcs and I was thinking is it okie to ask for the portion where cut out remains of the sink and hob to be re-used? Perhaps for my vanity top in mbr toilet ? The size definitely fit... One Id says it's common for ppl to ask so nt to waste space another told me no one asked such before .... So I tot perhaps to ask you bros and Sis will be a gd idea Hee!!!!

Condo and HDB charges are different for wardrobe. HDB height is only 8ft which is just nice eg. using 1 laminate, 1 plywood for the carcass, etc. so wastage is min. as for Condo is 9-12ft ceiling height which mean using 2 laminate, 2 plywood for the carcass, etc...so the cost will be extra just for the material and labour itself. Hope this clear your doubts. For those who quote u actually is maybe for HDB height and then box-up the rest on top.

Hi jaskel,

dont quite understand what you meant by go live with pvc exposed? can you explain a little more detailed? I'm not sure whats the main diff between laminate and PVC except the material feel. Is there anymore diff? is it sth like solid surface and granite, one with lines and one without? :unsure::unsure:

Its depend. With doors, inside use pvc. Without doors, its all laminate unless u go live with pvc exposed. Same goes to white pvc and coloured pvc, different pricing too. Different wood for the carcass also cost differently, eg, plywood, board block, chipboard, pine wood, ash wood, etc....

Woah okie that's some info! :) btw can I ask another stupid qn... I'm thinking of using granite and was quote by a range of 1500 - 2400 for 15ft top. Is it normal to hv the top in more than 2 pcs and I was thinking is it okie to ask for the portion where cut out remains of the sink and hob to be re-used? Perhaps for my vanity top in mbr toilet ? The size definitely fit... One Id says it's common for ppl to ask so nt to waste space another told me no one asked such before .... So I tot perhaps to ask you bros and Sis will be a gd idea Hee!!!!

For granite, $1500 for 15ft most likely is from China, and the expensive range are those from India, Norway, Finland, etc...

Is normal to have 2 pcs as long as the top is more than 7-8ft depend on your lift clearance.

Yes u can ask them to re-use the cut out pcs, just pay them a bit extra for the polishing of the sides, labour to install and the cutting of holes for the basin and the tap.

Hi jaskel,

dont quite understand what you meant by go live with pvc exposed? can you explain a little more detailed? I'm not sure whats the main diff between laminate and PVC except the material feel. Is there anymore diff? is it sth like solid surface and granite, one with lines and one without? :unsure::unsure:

Sorry my bad england :P What I mean if unless u can live with seeing the pvc material instead of laminate without using any doors for the wardrobe. The main different is the thickness, material, selections, scratch resistance and cost. Eg. just imagine PVC is like a sticker pasted on the wood surface.

is china granite really that bad? Honestly..bein shallow here.. i'm putting granite..coz ..everyone says granite is the best in the end! but in fact..i dun cook :D:D:D ROFLOL* hahaha oh i was saying actually some contractors want to give me 3 pcs or more...sounds like leftovers to me...then try pc it together...fo a 15ft L-top ..i shldnt accept anything more than 2 pc right...? does the bit of polishing of the sides costs like 250? coz i'm like quoted 345 for a new pc of marble..replacement for the same vanity top

For granite, $1500 for 15ft most likely is from China, and the expensive range are those from India, Norway, Finland, etc...

Is normal to have 2 pcs as long as the top is more than 7-8ft depend on your lift clearance.

Yes u can ask them to re-use the cut out pcs, just pay them a bit extra for the polishing of the sides, labour to install and the cutting of holes for the basin and the tap.

Hee don't mind pls comoment for me ...does this look reasonble for my condo quotation ?

1.0) To hack & removal debris for the following areas

a) Floor tiles at commonbath & kitchen (a)+(b)+© $1,050

b) To remove L-shaped kitchen cabinet & partition between entrance & living

c) To remove showerscreen at commonbath & vanity at masterbath

d) To lay protection for whole house except kitchen, yard & 2 bathrooms and remove after renovation $250

2.0) Living

Carpentry

a) To open existing gypsum board & reinforce wood structure for better support to hang Tv & make good after installation $180

b) To create New MBF board with access opening to Scv & power point (1805w x same depth as existing gypsum board x 215ht)mm $180

c) Wall hung Tv cabinet with one layer of glass door with internal Dark colour Pvc finish (1805w x same depth as existing gypsum board x 160-

200ht) mm $660

False ceiling

e) To make good false ceiling after removal of partition (optional item, might not be necessary, depends on site condition) $120

Marble polishing

f) To supply labour to marble polish living, dining & passage way $390

g) Electrical works (conceal work unless stated)

To shift existing power point (within 1.2m non-conceal) 1X $40

New 13 amp double power point (non conceal) 1X$65

To shift existing Scv point (within 1.2m non-conceal) 1X $60

To open existing false ceiling to install wood support to pendant light 1X$50

To supply & install T5 light with installation 4X $35=$140

Light fitting 1X$10

3.0) Masterbedroom

Carpentry

a) Queen size bed with storage $800

b) Wall hung bed side table (550-600w x 450d x 160-200ht)mm 2X $210 =$420

c) Wall hung study desk (1584w x 450-550d x 160ht)mm $580

d) To remove existing aluminium door with glass to install at left & right of existing wardrobe, to install 2 panels top door, 2 panels bottom door, one shelve to support

Tv, one above Tv cabinet & paste on laminate unto the Tv area & the rest of carcass $780

e) To supply & install built-in-wardrobe (805w x 2350ht)mm $675

f) To box up top of wardrobe with gypsum board finish $80

Electrical Works (conceal work unless stated)

To shift existing Lighting point 1x $65

New Scv point at Tv cabinet 1x $150

New 13 amp double power point at Tv cabinet 1x$80

To shift existing single power point at bedside table 1x $40

To shift existing Telephone point at bedside table 1x$40

To shift existing single power point & change to double 1x $55

at study desk

4.0) Master bathroom

Marble polishing

a) To supply hand polished for wall & floor marble $360

Carpentry

b) To install wall hung cabinet (850w x 430d)mm $315

c) Custom make steel bracket to support wall hung cabinet $60

Granite top from kitchen top

d) To supply labour & install cut piece from kitchen black galaxy top $235

Plumbling works

e) To supply labour to dismantle & install basin & mixer after installation of granite $105

f) To supply labour to remove existing wall hung tiolet 1x $195

bowl & install new tiolet bowl

g) To supply labour to install handspray point 1x $80

h) To purchase handspray 1x F.O.C

5.0) Walk-in-wardrobe

Carpentry

a) To supply & install built-in-wardrobe without door in laminate & Abs trimming (2842w x 550d x 2780ht)mm $2,755

b) Wall hung dressing table (900w x 450-550d x 160ht) $315

c) Bevel edge mirror (900w x 1650ht)mm $260

d) Chest of drawers (1050w x 450-600d x 1050ht)mm $455

Electrical Works (conceal work unless stated)

To shift existing Lighting point 1x $65

New 13 amp double power point 1x$80

Light installation 1x $10

6.0) Bedroom 2

a) Electrical Works (conceal work unless stated)

To remove existing fan & reinstall a new fan 1x $45

7.0) Commonbath

Wet Works

a) To supply labour & lay homogeneous floor tiles ($3.21) with water proofing $575

Showerscreen (To supply & install 2 fixed panel & one no swing door )No price yet (was told the 3 pc type in condo are ex)

Carpentry

c) To install 2 panel door & paste on new laminate on existing carcass (750w)mmc $195

Plumbling works

d) To supply labour handspray point & install handspray $80

e) To purchase handspray 1xF.O.C

f) Wc installation 1x $65

Electrical works

g) To purcahse 2x 18 bulbs 2x $8 = F.O.C

8.0) Kitchen

Wet Works

a) To supply labour & lay homogeneous floor tiles with water proofing $620

Carpentry

b) Top & bottom kitchen cabinet (2200, 2540w)mm & top cabinet (812w)mm $3,825

c) To supply & install black galaxy granite top (2200, 2540w x 600d)mm $2,400

d) To install temper glass with black spray colour finish on reverse side with opening for power point in between kitchen cabinet (2960w)mm $850

Plumbling works

e) To supply labour to dismantle & install sink & mixer after installing of granite $160

f) Electrical works

Labour to disconnect existing point for & reconnect after installation of cooker hood-To dismantle existing power point & switches & reinstall after installation of black temper glass $230

9.0) Yard

Wet works

a) To lay over existing floor with homogeneous floor tiles ($3.21) & skirting $435

b) To construct new concrete base with homogeneous floor tiles ($3.21) $90

10.0) Painting

a) To supply labour to paint whole house wall & ceiling with ICI or Nippon emulsion $1,400

b) To paint door & door frame 4x$55 = $220

c) To paint 4 panels store room door with frame 1x$150

d) To paint 2 panels glass sliding door with frame 2x $100 = $200

11.0) Cleaning

To provide general cleaning after renovation $250

12.0) To supply labour to sand & vanish existing parquet flooring & skirting at 3 bedrooms $520

Total Payment : $24,920

Optional item:

A) To supply & install L-shaped solid surfacing for kitchen top $1,280

Please Pay in Singapore Dollars: Twenty Four Thousand Nine Hundred & Twenty Only

Edited by sng28