Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sng28

Quotation Without Actual Measurements

Hi,

I've received quotation from my ID without doing actual measurements even though he was on site. How accurate will that be? Just a curious note as the floor plan which i've provided only shows the horizontal measurements on the floorplan and not the vertical ones. :dunno: Shld i still keep him as an option or should i just move on to the next best candidate?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi,

I've received quotation from my ID without doing actual measurements even though he was on site. How accurate will that be? Just a curious note as the floor plan which i've provided only shows the horizontal measurements on the floorplan and not the vertical ones. :dunno: Shld i still keep him as an option or should i just move on to the next best candidate?

wow. if i were u, of course i will strike the ID off immediately.. not detailed at initial stage already, reno works sure suffer later, so slip shod.

wow. if i were u, of course i will strike the ID off immediately.. not detailed at initial stage already, reno works sure suffer later, so slip shod.

hmm seriously speaking..how would we know if my kitchen is really 30ft? mine is L shape top and bottom cabinet and its like tiny ......coz its condo 2+1......i'm so curious like how they quote for full ht wardrobe and non full ht ...for eg.

i have this quote

full ht build in wardrobe in laminate finish c/w sliding door and drawer with locker $320 unit price 2.5 ftr = $800.00

full ht walk in wardrobe in laminate finish c/w colour pvc interior $165 unit price 15ftr = $2475 (my room is only 9ftr length so end up he was like oh ookie then i count 9 ftr price)

can someone advise me how nt to get chopped for such carpentry works.......sigh

Edited by sng28

hmm seriously speaking..how would we know if my kitchen is really 30ft? mine is L shape top and bottom cabinet and its like tiny ......coz its condo 2+1......i'm so curious like how they quote for full ht wardrobe and non full ht ...for eg.

i have this quote

full ht build in wardrobe in laminate finish c/w sliding door and drawer with locker $320 unit price 2.5 ftr = $800.00

full ht walk in wardrobe in laminate finish c/w colour pvc interior $165 unit price 15ftr = $2475 (my room is only 9ftr length so end up he was like oh ookie then i count 9 ftr price)

can someone advise me how nt to get chopped for such carpentry works.......sigh

I think he is just giving you a general idea of how he mostly quo in such similar house.

Plus minus here and there when you provide the actual floor plan he might be able to give you a more precise quo.

Just try not to sign anything before you see the detail drawing.

I must admit the carpentry work is a little expensive.

Try to see if they have any current finish project which you can see the quality to see if it is worth the extra cost.

I think he is just giving you a general idea of how he mostly quo in such similar house.

Plus minus here and there when you provide the actual floor plan he might be able to give you a more precise quo.

Just try not to sign anything before you see the detail drawing.

I must admit the carpentry work is a little expensive.

Try to see if they have any current finish project which you can see the quality to see if it is worth the extra cost.

Also is it normal for him not to quote my electrical costs? He claimed that they will quote later after they come and view? He gives me a feeling that he is trying to keep within my budget by not quoting it now......

Also is it normal for him not to quote my electrical costs? He claimed that they will quote later after they come and view? He gives me a feeling that he is trying to keep within my budget by not quoting it now......

usually electrical they will put the per unit cost only. maybe its the standard way for the quote to be within budget.

usually electrical they will put the per unit cost only. maybe its the standard way for the quote to be within budget.

Hmm but he is totally not quoting at all..so its like i'm within my budget now..but exclusive of any costs for eletrical ...which means in actual fact..im definitely exceeding my budget when i add up the entire sum....

Hmm but he is totally not quoting at all..so its like i'm within my budget now..but exclusive of any costs for eletrical ...which means in actual fact..im definitely exceeding my budget when i add up the entire sum....

not sure about your other quotes, but out of the 8 quotes i got, all 8 of them did not include electrical cost as this is normally decided later.

usually in the initial stage, the most they can provide is unit cost (e.g. how much is one lighting point) in initial stage, you probably haven't decided on items like e.g. if you'll have 10 or 20 downlights... this kind of things will change the electrical cost significantly...

not sure about your other quotes, but out of the 8 quotes i got, all 8 of them did not include electrical cost as this is normally decided later.

usually in the initial stage, the most they can provide is unit cost (e.g. how much is one lighting point) in initial stage, you probably haven't decided on items like e.g. if you'll have 10 or 20 downlights... this kind of things will change the electrical cost significantly...

Oh oh ic ic..but i tot i was quite certain there the switches are to be shifted to and wha exisitng lights need to be changed to white light..hmmm but thanks for the headsup! :)

Edited by sng28

Oh oh ic ic..but i tot i was quite certain there the switches are to be shifted to and wha exisitng lights need to be changed to white light..hmmm but thanks for the headsup! :)

if you are already certain about your electrical requirement, you can ask him to quote you or ask him for unit price so you can calculate yourself~ :)

if you are already certain about your electrical requirement, you can ask him to quote you or ask him for unit price so you can calculate yourself~ :)

Hi,

I've been quoted $2.90 per sqft $400 and $2.50 per sqft $450 for tiles in my common toilet. I'm confused by the difference. Is there someone overquoting me here? cause when i do the division it only shows that my toilet has 2 different per sqft sizes!!!!!!!

possible. 1 is wall, another one is floor

sorry didnt write clearly..its the price for supplying homogenous floor tiles in my common toilet provided by 2 different contractors....so obviously...someone try to earn more by quoting higher sqft?

Edited by sng28

sorry didnt write clearly..its the price for supplying homogenous floor tiles in my common toilet provided by 2 different contractors....so obviously...someone try to earn more by quoting higher sqft?

seriously.... while you need to know the basic, don't go to such micro detail... cos the more quotes you compare, the more you realise that one will quote higher on Item A and the other higher on Item B, but final quote all more or less in the same range one. if you compare like this.... and keep thinking that pple try to take advantage on you... you'll go mad.

find a few quotes that are within your budget, meet and see which contractor/ID you are comfortable with, take a deep breath, and move on.... :)