Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ely1

The Best Journey Always Leads Us Home

subwoofer that took up the whole of the backseat - it measures 39" tall and weighs like me~ I can so see it being the cat's favourite scratchpost~

5534943692_51a259f4d7_m.jpg

i think your neighbours are going to hate you... LOL... :P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
i think your neighbours are going to hate you... LOL... :P

Sadness. And I was hoping to bag the Miss Congeniality title. Dang. Maybe I'll invite the neighbours for movie screenings to up my popularity rating! ;)

-Ely

can your ac ryan do PPS direct streaming? or you need to DL the movies?

Nope it doesn't. As PPS is very asia-centric it can be hard to find it in European produced tech. I had never heard of it until my wife showed me.

RB

Have made my picks of blu-ray concerts:

140.jpg

Chris Botti - In Boston:-

Full 1080/24p High Definition Picture

Dolby TrueHD 7.1/5.1 Surround (96 kHz/24 bit)

Includes Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround (640 kbps)

PCM (uncompressed) Stereo (48 kHz/24 bit)

140.jpg

John Mayer - Where The Light Is:-

Filmed in Super 35mm

PCM (uncompressed) Stereo (96 kHz/24 bit)

Dolby TrueHD 5.1 Surround (96 kHz/24 bit)

(Includes Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround (640 kbps))

140.jpg

Hit Man: David Foster & Friends

DTS 5.1 - HD Master

/does the cabbage patch dance

-Ely

Heya Ne0,

Great tips - will remind ID about the sink and the necessary allowances. Don't want freebies if I can't use them anyway! The Englefield Sapphire series is slightly cheaper without the freebies I believe - just deciding what we would really get use of.

I'm only on the 2nd floor, though it is a walk-up apartment *huff & puff* - but greenery completely surrounds the estate and I get kingfishers and lots of parakeets in the day. They're a joy to watch.

There's so much nature here and we recently had a gorgeous garden snake - green with a bright orange back - which was such a sweetie. I had a fun time playing with it for a good 15 minutes before it was taken away by pest control. There's also reported cobras so definitely caution should be taken with the pets. A cat recently got killed by one.

We're at the East - near Changi.

Happy art-hunting!

-Ely

glad that the tips came in handy now that you really bought it.

gee.. are the pictures taken from your greeneries outside?? wat a treat to view them at the comfort of your own house!

am always hoping to handle a tree snake if there's a chance. they look so quiet and harmless.i had an close encounter with cobra before when i was serving national service in air force though. i had to run it down with my land rover since an aircraft was recovering and it was on the runway. we were pretty sure we ran it down but we just couldnt find the carcass anywhere. we were so freaking worried it's alive and creeped up the rover instead. had to make me check the rover upside down when i was back in base! na, it wasnt on the vehicle either. weird!

Just wondering. Which has cheaper/better shipping? Borderlinx or Vpost? Have you used Comgateway before?? I just use vPost, never ventured to the rest before.

i used comgateway before when it launch the promo with dbs card and it happened to be black friday.

wife bought her bags and i bought house stuff too. the live chat service was good.

suppose is always the case of which has cheaper shipping huh

Um, also ended up with a monstrous subwoofer that took up the whole of the backseat - it measures 39" tall and weighs like me~ I can so see it being the cat's favourite scratchpost~

5534943692_51a259f4d7_m.jpg

in any standard, that's huge!

you're a lady right? with a monstrous 39' at the backseat? that's freakin scary

Have made my picks of blu-ray concerts:

140.jpg

John Mayer - Where The Light Is:-

Filmed in Super 35mm

PCM (uncompressed) Stereo (96 kHz/24 bit)

Dolby TrueHD 5.1 Surround (96 kHz/24 bit)

(Includes Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround (640 kbps))

gee.. the specs totally escape me but ask me john mayer?

i sing like nobody's biz to "heartbreak warfare" everytime i hear it in the car!

glad that the tips came in handy now that you really bought it.

in any standard, that's huge!

you're a lady right? with a monstrous 39' at the backseat? that's freakin scary

gee.. the specs totally escape me but ask me john mayer?

i sing like nobody's biz to "heartbreak warfare" everytime i hear it in the car!

Heya Ne0,

Yeah, it weighs as much as me! It truly is quite a beast and I'm trying to be sporting about how it'd look in my living room... *think happy thoughts about Steven Tyler joining Chris Botti singing "Cryin"*

I love "Heartbreak Warfare" but "All We Ever Do Is Say Goodbye" is so heartwrenching. Unforuntately, in this concert (2008), there's so tracks from Battle Studies so it's the good ol' "Waiting on The World to Change", "Gravity", "Slow Dancing in a Burning Room", "I'm Gonna Find Another You" etc. :)

-Ely

Foto Faucet came through after all - received my steel traps and kitchen faucet today, though the design of the steel traps are completely different! It's a flower-patterned type ugh. I can't be bothered to write him because he had never replied, and I can't be bothered to wait and to pay for the additional shipping. So, will have to live with these and use them for the common bathroom and wet kitchen:

140.jpg

when what I ordered were these:

140.jpg

That said, the faucet seems sturdy and quite well constructed. Nothing flimsy or cheap feeling. Despite the measurements clearly given, I was still surprised how big it was!

So, I think patronising Hot Wind 2008 is a safer bet - he's communicative, ships REALLY quickly and at least, reliable (no surprises when opening up the package).

Isetan Sale

My, were we productive today!

Managed to get:

2x Cavelli 828TC Egyptian Cotton Bedsheet sets + pillow cases

Cavelli Hungarian Goose Down King Quilt

Digital weighing scale (complete with BMI and fat percentage for the already body conscious~)

Panasonic Dect Phone

Bath & hand towels

Novita filtered water jug

Bodum 12-cup Chambord

Panasonic iron

WMF 30-pc cutlery set

We already have brand new sets of cookware, WMF knife set, glasses, chopsticks from Mom's massive storeroom (gogo hoarding!) so we're only missing crockery, a grill pan and wine glasses, which we would probably pick up from Ikea.

To those who missed the sale: :( Definitely worth the trip down and it wasn't so much like market place like I feared. Sometimes I even deliberately avoid sales because of the maddening crowd but it wasn't so bad at Isetan Scotts.

-Ely

Pet igloo from Amazon arrived, and the box is massive - it's twice the size of the purported 25" diameter! I almost feel bad about filling my parents' house with all our crap - so far, a spare room has been dedicated to hoarding all our purchases.

Almost all of the tiling is done, so come Wednesday is another meeting with the ID discussing electrical points. I hope to have a better idea what kind of lights I want and where, because asking the electrician to keep coming down to pull points here and there is really tedious. I feel bad that he has made so many trips to accomodate our requests and our whimisical decisions. Hopefully, the sliding door frames will be ready next week, and the wet kitchen wall hacked to 1m. There's still so much to be done - laminates to be chosen, paint to be selected, all the textiles (wallpaper, rugs and curtains) to be picked, and more importantly, OUR own furniture. Seems like the pets' have their needs covered whereas we do not have a single stool to our name. Adding to the mix is sporadic meetings with banquet managers, bridal studios and photographers. Absolutely fatigued, and I look it. :/

Will definitely need to schedule a trip to Ikea tomorrow though I have doggy duties, and a trip to some landscaping companies, Hommage, IFC next week. Every purchase brings forth some kind of relief - no more lying in strange beds with a borrowed throw rug so thoughtfully draped over your knees, no more rewatching of "Battle for Pandora" scene from Avatar, no more scouring the Internet for washer reviews, no more listening to catalytic cleaning bla bla bla cooking programs bla cool touch door salestalk. I feel like I should be taking some kind of reno-excitement pill. I wish everything was more fun like hunting for pet furniture :(

-Ely

Gah! Finally succumbed and bought a pet bed for the bedroom:

51Wz%201hlDmL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

How precious is it?!

End of pet madness, I swear - a coffee table disguised as a pet bed, or the other way around. Regardless, it's stylish and oh so practical. The Chihuahua would fit right in. :D

41MpOoQJvmL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Very nice pet beds.... I miss my late JRT :(

Almost all of the tiling is done, so come Wednesday is another meeting with the ID discussing electrical points. I hope to have a better idea what kind of lights I want and where, because asking the electrician to keep coming down to pull points here and there is really tedious. I feel bad that he has made so many trips to accomodate our requests and our whimisical decisions. Hopefully, the sliding door frames will be ready next week, and the wet kitchen wall hacked to 1m. There's still so much to be done - laminates to be chosen, paint to be selected, all the textiles (wallpaper, rugs and curtains) to be picked, and more importantly, OUR own furniture. Seems like the pets' have their needs covered whereas we do not have a single stool to our name. Adding to the mix is sporadic meetings with banquet managers, bridal studios and photographers. Absolutely fatigued, and I look it. :/

Will definitely need to schedule a trip to Ikea tomorrow though I have doggy duties, and a trip to some landscaping companies, Hommage, IFC next week. Every purchase brings forth some kind of relief - no more lying in strange beds with a borrowed throw rug so thoughtfully draped over your knees, no more rewatching of "Battle for Pandora" scene from Avatar, no more scouring the Internet for washer reviews, no more listening to catalytic cleaning bla bla bla cooking programs bla cool touch door salestalk. I feel like I should be taking some kind of reno-excitement pill. I wish everything was more fun like hunting for pet furniture :(

all of the above? been done, done that. ha

so don't worry.. jus another phase.

hommage is nt bad if i dont remember wrongly. univonna is also good (i bought my mbr bed frame from there). salesperson from lifestorey (which i bought my incredibly cheap sofa from) reminded there's a sales coming up in april at great world. lush lush is also value for money. however, you may wanna be careful wit some of the shops in IFC. nt very good reputation the last i read in RT. stools wise, check out ghee hong and comfort design. ikea wise, is really depending on what you wanna buy cause i constantly get mixed reviews bout their stuff.

i have tonnes of info on wedding too and the memories are still fresh! haha. but since tis is RT, jus pm me if you need any advice.

hope it helps

Isetan Sale

My, were we productive today!

Managed to get:

2x Cavelli 828TC Egyptian Cotton Bedsheet sets + pillow cases

Cavelli Hungarian Goose Down King Quilt

Digital weighing scale (complete with BMI and fat percentage for the already body conscious~)

Panasonic Dect Phone

Bath & hand towels

Novita filtered water jug

Bodum 12-cup Chambord

Panasonic iron

WMF 30-pc cutlery set

We already have brand new sets of cookware, WMF knife set, glasses, chopsticks from Mom's massive storeroom (gogo hoarding!) so we're only missing crockery, a grill pan and wine glasses, which we would probably pick up from Ikea.

To those who missed the sale: :( Definitely worth the trip down and it wasn't so much like market place like I feared. Sometimes I even deliberately avoid sales because of the maddening crowd but it wasn't so bad at Isetan Scotts.

-Ely

Good buy! I always love Isetan Private Sales. The Panasonic Dect Phone is the one on the coupon yeah? Wanted to get that, but decided to wait till the next IPS or during Great Singapore Sale. :)

Good buy! I always love Isetan Private Sales. The Panasonic Dect Phone is the one on the coupon yeah? Wanted to get that, but decided to wait till the next IPS or during Great Singapore Sale. :)

Yep - it's the on the coupon for $55.

KX-TG6411.jpg

Got my 12-cup Bodum Chambord for $60, so that's a steal!! The Hungarian Goose Down quilt too was orginally at $699, and we got it at $149. The WMF cutlery set was $549 and we got it $116! Awesome sale ;)

-Ely

all of the above? been done, done that. ha

so don't worry.. jus another phase.

hommage is nt bad if i dont remember wrongly. univonna is also good (i bought my mbr bed frame from there). salesperson from lifestorey (which i bought my incredibly cheap sofa from) reminded there's a sales coming up in april at great world. lush lush is also value for money. however, you may wanna be careful wit some of the shops in IFC. nt very good reputation the last i read in RT. stools wise, check out ghee hong and comfort design. ikea wise, is really depending on what you wanna buy cause i constantly get mixed reviews bout their stuff.

i have tonnes of info on wedding too and the memories are still fresh! haha. but since tis is RT, jus pm me if you need any advice.

hope it helps

Hey ne0,

I'll just breathe through it. Regarding the marriage preparation stuff, we've got the venue, photographer, makeup artist and bridal studio - and everything was just as impulsively done haha! More of a relief than anything to get one thing of the list struck off, and we were trying to speed through it all so we could concentrate on the home reno. Somewhere along the line, we forgot that it's actually an ongoing process so we're currently still in the midst of getting everything prepared. Most of the major stuff is booked - we just need to finalise the details and make the final selections - we simply did not allocate any time for it because we conveniently and foolishly believed that everything would just fall in place once the booking is done!

Thank you for your offer of advice - will definitely need it. Currently, we've yet to see the designs of the dresses so we still have a little breathing room. Just need a find a band now (due to the silly Compass restrictions). The photoshoot is scheduled for July.

Thanks for the tips for the home decor places. Would definitely visit the ones you mention. For Ikea, we ended up buying all the silly misc. stuff like the packet sealing clips, all the candles that were on sale, throw rugs and the ubiquitous 17-pc tupperware for $4.90. None of the furniture we wanted was on sale so we simply didn't bother. There is already too much crap at my parents', esp the crazy sub!!

5546931582_74d2364a2f.jpg

5546349231_e23a9ffe4a.jpg

-Ely

Latest covet:

22.jpg

BigBaby.jpg

A storage scratcher bed especially for the really rotund cats ;) From the 20lb model pictured, I suspect my cat will really appreciate the extra stretching space.

Must...resist... :bangwall:

Oh, just have to add that the pet potty arrived yesterday, and I'm continually amazed by Amazon's quick service!

-Ely

Yep - it's the on the coupon for $55.

KX-TG6411.jpg

Got my 12-cup Bodum Chambord for $60, so that's a steal!! The Hungarian Goose Down quilt too was orginally at $699, and we got it at $149. The WMF cutlery set was $549 and we got it $116! Awesome sale ;)

-Ely

pardon my noob...isetan private sale is open to all right??? still looking for 1 more set of quilt & bedsheet set...