Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ely1

The Best Journey Always Leads Us Home

someone must watch me closely when I'm in Ely's house... I'm going to clean these shelves!!!!

You queue up leh.... I put up my hands for it already. Hehe...

Ok, you girls grab the cosmetic/skin care products. I shall target at those art pieces & interesting stuff she bought online! Let's raid her place clean! :ph34r::jammin: LOL! :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I feel 'young' again with you guys! lol

First PC game that got me hooked is 'Art of War', first PC RPG - Dark Heart of Uukrul. First Playstation games - FF VII, Metal Gear Solid and Resident Evil. I can still recall the fright from those sudden zombie scenes when playing at night hours :sport-smiley-004:

I remember one weekend, no school, in front of the tv, laying on the carpet, black joystick in hand playing so intensely even my parents knew better than to 'suggest' a break to rest my eyes..... That was the day I clocked Missle command on the Atari 2600. I believe the score counter rolled back to 0 after scoring 1 mil. I stopped after it rolled over and then took a break ;). I also believe 'Track and field' on the spectrum 48 where you had to waggle the kempston joystick left and right to make the guy run faster until your hand was a blur and you had an imprint of the ball atop the joystick in the palm of your hand was invaluable in later life.... ;):o. My weight training would have been much more difficult without fairly strong forearms and wrists :P. Those Kempston joysticks were tough though. King of abuse takers but then they needed to be...

Hey RB - its always great to find another Ravenloft fan! :D When I DM, I always bring them to Ravenloft campaign through the Mist. We have a munchkin in our group that force us to mix-max rather than role play in Faerun (Forgotten Realms). Cyberpunk and Vampire the Masquerade (table top) are some of my other favorites. Though we dabble in other game system like Palladium for Robotech and Marvel superheroes.

I believe my gnome found in a cave under one of the castles practicing with his gnome flinger to try and get someone out through a hole in the cavern roof by using tomatoes with the hole surrounded by 'red stains' is still memorable in some of the players minds still today.

"ok you climb on to the device"...."Buckle in the gnome shouts but you notice a distinct lack of straps"...."as you turn to the gnome and mention this he pulls out a notepad and writes something down. As he folds it and replaces it in his pocket you notice the heading.....'todo list'"....."before you can ask that all important question, the gnome yanks a lever and you hear a clang, sprong, wheeeee, pit, wok-wok, errrhhhhhhh. and you and the combined mass of your equipment, armor and weapons are accelerated to what feels like the speed of like in a fraction of a second"....."As you drag your neck around fighting the acceleration to see where you are going, you see the rock, and hole... but mainly rock, coming your way..... fast"...."roll that dice and prey for a stain free exit" :D. If I remember right, the party made it out, if not stain free, then at least not as red stains :o.

I tend to prefer the Warhammer 40k stuff at the moment but prefer to read the novels and play the PC games as to get in to the table top game is just so expensive.

Rb

The errant walls The Husband thinks is acceptable:

And this is simply a SAMPLING of the walls. Obviously too late to plaster the whole house now as it's the final week of renovations, so it's going to be just a simple touch up plaster job on the worst walls (can't do the entire place as it'd just delay the handover further - we're giving this only 3 days max to do as much as they can).

We had the same where the old skirting used to be, suspect they thought new skirting would hide it, and to the entrance to the kitchen. Told our ID and they have patched it up.

Anyway, looks like it is coming on nicely. Seems you have more control now.

Nice one.

RB

friends78, you are too late! May and i book those already hor, if you are nice to us, maybe we will share with you some sport-smiley-004.gif

I'll tentatively book 25 June, Saturday? Would probably hold another for the family the week prior.

Well that will be interesting :D.

Our new ones first month should be around the 24th. I also suspect my folks will be flying in from the UK around those dates too. I will see what I can manage as I would really hate to miss the gathering.

RB

Yah, a beautiful & unique art can be a real centre piece to the whole place. I am sure yours would be super swee with your good taste :thumbs up: I remembered you posted some metal art that you found (or bought???) online and I love those pieces they are simply beautiful & characteristic! Too bad they are too ex; me no budget for such luxuries now :bangwall:

Thanks, Ader! I think they're pretty too :) Yeah, I did get them afterall - 4 in fact :lol:! Not sure if they're super nice (I doubt my taste now and then as I'm quite an impulsive buyer) - 1 is, 1 was more impressive in the pics than IRL so moving it elsewhere, and waiting for two others. :D

Actually, they're not as expensive as you'd think, especially the auction pieces. I've seen the relisted same item go for US$42 to US$280. It's all about stalking and bidding, like I mentioned in the Guide to Internet Shopping thread. Always keep a Watch tab and watch several and ALL relisted items after the bidding has ended. You'll know when you get a good deal :) The Buy It Now ones can be pricey and those are the artists' treasured pieces. Sometimes you can make them a offer and see if they'd accept. If the item has been listed for a long time (again, Watch, Watch, Watch!), you'll most likely be able to bargain for it.

- Ely

Super. I normally bring alcohol of some sort. Let me know your poison. I really hope to make it but am not sure if we are actually shifting into our new place that weekend. If we are I'll find a way to sneak off :ph34r:

Oh, do some stealthy sneaking - I'm sure you'd like everyone. I had such a good time at May Dream's and was really happy to have made some really good friends.

Bring anything you like - we're not particular when it comes to alcohol at all :drunk: ! Beer is great for a hot afternoon, wine is always welcome (both white and red), and whiskey can be a nice nightcap.

- Ely

that's a lot of stuff... still not considered a feast? :P

no Lux ad? hiyah. :rolleyes:

I'm being a lazy hostess! Only pizza! Didn't you see the spread at May's?? Boxes and boxes of pizza haha! It's also easier to move around with a piece of pizza to mingle about. :)

No Lux ad as I have no exhibitionist bathroom :( It only works when you're trying to seduce someone (like in May's place, where the bath directly faces the bed!!) while casually trying to pretend you're only just enjoying the suds. :P

And no lah, no practice! The Husband can (sadly) attest to that. He knows it's my silly humour though and thought it funny more than sexy. Humph. Even if I'm cooing, he'd think I'm talking to the pets :lol:!!

- Ely

hi dear, if I'm in town I'll be there, and can help pick people up in the MRT.... and if I can access my stored boxes will bring more booze!

Aww, too kind Patsy - for both the offer to help pick up the others, and for offering to bring more booze :) We'll try to do some form of coordination on the boards and whatsapp :)

- Ely

someone must watch me closely when I'm in Ely's house... I'm going to clean these shelves!!!!

You queue up leh.... I put up my hands for it already. Hehe...

Let's just dash to the room when we reach there :P Half half, ok? Good things must share mah!!!

It's not room, it's in toilet I think. Ok ok.... We share, ok? Don't let others take. :)

friends78, you are too late! May and i book those already hor, if you are nice to us, maybe we will share with you some sport-smiley-004.gif

Not too keen on dogs/cats? Oh ****, sorry, Maxey and Bondi will be sharing the bathroom that day :P

Those stuff were freebies the "kiasu" Singaporean couldn't resist taking home from the hotels, except for the Boots hand cream. There's Dove shampoo and conditioner too~ Being the Virgo I am, I like to cover all bases when it comes to overnight guests - bathrobe, guest slippers, nail buffers, emery boards, deodorant etc. :D

Ok, you girls grab the cosmetic/skin care products. I shall target at those art pieces & interesting stuff she bought online! Let's raid her place clean! :ph34r::jammin: LOL! :P

I think I would notice if one piece of art is missing... they're not easy to stuff into the Big Black Bag either :lol:

- Ely

Well that will be interesting :D.

Our new ones first month should be around the 24th. I also suspect my folks will be flying in from the UK around those dates too. I will see what I can manage as I would really hate to miss the gathering.

RB

Ooh, that's bad timing isn't it? Hmm. Maybe I should look at another date? How about 19 June, Sunday, or 2 July? Maybe I should do a poll of some sort...

- Ely

We had the same where the old skirting used to be, suspect they thought new skirting would hide it, and to the entrance to the kitchen. Told our ID and they have patched it up.

Anyway, looks like it is coming on nicely. Seems you have more control now.

Nice one.

RB

Thanks, being assertive when suitably annoyed suits my style best. :P

Well, progress update Sirs/Duchess/Queens/Kings/HTS-IT Call Center:

1. TODAY - WEDNESDAY (DAY 92): Carpenter no show. Plastering is almost finished, and professional drainage guys unearthed cement rocks and an entire rag down my drainage traps! WTF?! Called my ID immediately because it flooded both the wet/dry kitchens and all the sub-cons are now pushing the blame to the other (plumber said it's painter, painter said it's tiler, tiler said it's not him). ID is trying to find the bastid who uses rags like that. Completely unacceptable! Also cannot believe they poured cement down my pipes! Definitely am not paying this hefty bill! :furious: (see, irritation with stupidity gets the blood flowing faster)
  2. THURSDAY (DAY 93): MCST to fix water leakage from the walls above into my balcony; last of plastering; painters; Singtel to fix my broadband connection after charging me for an entire month of usage when it was not even activated, and gave me the wrong telephone number after making me choose (oh, why oh why do I have such luck! Managed to swing an entire waiver of the month's bill though); and *maybe* the carpenter will grace my place with his presence today
  3. FRIDAY (DAY 94): General wash & cleaning, shelving guy
  4. SATURDAY (DAY 95): Wallpaper, maybe will call electrician to fix the T5s if the carpenter finally shows.
  5. TUESDAY (DAY 98): Couch!

- Ely

it ok, will not be so nice of me if i have to make u go measure box just to tell me the price a rough cost will do , thank for the nice infor

the lamp is going to be a centre of attention when everything is put together for sure

good buy

Nah, I would have measured the box if I still had it. Unfortunately, the stored invoices from vPost shows the entire bill, not the break down so I can't help you further - I'm sorry.

Thanks so much for the compliment - I do hope it's pretty as it's not assembled yet and packed in one of the boxes. There will be pics once I've settled in. :)

For US$187, I'm not complaining - I've seen prices of the chandelier floor lamps here :jawdrop:

- Ely

ely, can i know how to get those tripod search lights pls? have pmed u

Edited by XTR