Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ely1

The Best Journey Always Leads Us Home

d a r n.. was trying to get a sneak preview of ur place with the canvas excuse.. haha..

care to let us have a sneak of ur romantic verse then? :D

Ha! You won't need such a generous excuse to come visit :)

Now, how much fun would it be if I shared the verse now? ;) I'm not half as romantic as you, and perhaps one of the most un-girly girls around - hate soft toys and cute crap, which is why you don't see Tiny Tots/Precious Moments/Forever Friends/Hello Kitty gracing any part of my home. Dunno, I'm pretty odd like that. Never folded those paper stars or made friendship bands or played five-stones/zero-point etc, when I was young either. More of a tomboy disguised as a ditsy chick. :P

Verse would be as romantic as I can bear - for example, when we were asked to inscribe our wedding bands, I had "Put it back on!" on my husband's, much to his amusement :P

Anticipation makes the moment sweeter, no?

- Ely

Edited by Ely1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi ksa,

Yep, the same guy did my curtains and blinds for a very, very reasonable price. Think his contact details are on the post-reno report post.. somewhere. Let me know if you can't find it.

- Ely

Hi ksa,

Yep, the same guy did my curtains and blinds for a very, very reasonable price. Think his contact details are on the post-reno report post.. somewhere. Let me know if you can't find it.

- Ely

hi dear, managed to find it!! tks!!

but hor, the HP is not local line? isit in JB or wat? cos i ve no idea wat country code is tat.. lol.. mountain tortise me.. haha..

they wil proivde on site quote or jus give them measurements, they wil giv us a rough quote?

:)

hi dear, managed to find it!! tks!!

but hor, the HP is not local line? isit in JB or wat? cos i ve no idea wat country code is tat.. lol.. mountain tortise me.. haha..

they wil proivde on site quote or jus give them measurements, they wil giv us a rough quote?

He operates from Malaysia but I can attest to his reliability, workmanship and price. Sought out several quotes here but John, who did several of my parents'-in-law's places, really came through. No hardsell, no sales pitch, no small talk, timely, flexible - just a real joy to deal with. For example, our blinds were only $100+, day/night curtains 5m about $700 including installation. Pretty reasonable I would say. Just give him a call and he'll work out the measurements and quotation for you. :)

- Ely

He operates from Malaysia but I can attest to his reliability, workmanship and price. Sought out several quotes here but John, who did several of my parents'-in-law's places, really came through. No hardsell, no sales pitch, no small talk, timely, flexible - just a real joy to deal with. For example, our blinds were only $100+, day/night curtains 5m about $700 including installation. Pretty reasonable I would say. Just give him a call and he'll work out the measurements and quotation for you. :)

- Ely

oic.. okie, ill jus call him and see how.. tks dear!! btw, my contractor was tellin me if i do get the chalkboard paint n paint over my plaster wall, the effect might be patchy instead of paintin over a plywood or so..

and also , she comment it wil darken the place..

wil urs darken ur place wo any lightings?

and also , i went spotlight n saw the paint, its very small bottle at $15 or so? can paint ur whole door?

oic.. okie, ill jus call him and see how.. tks dear!! btw, my contractor was tellin me if i do get the chalkboard paint n paint over my plaster wall, the effect might be patchy instead of paintin over a plywood or so..

and also , she comment it wil darken the place..

wil urs darken ur place wo any lightings?

and also , i went spotlight n saw the paint, its very small bottle at $15 or so? can paint ur whole door?

Hi ksa,

I think it really depends on how much of the wall you're covering, as well as the original condition of the wall. If it's pretty streaky already, then I'd suggest plastering completely before. I still have paint left over from the door with that small can, even using it for my Ikea wooden chests etc, so a little will go a long way.

I don't think my place is "darkened" since the door was already painted black~ Sounds pretty silly to me.

Hope this helps!

- Ely

My ScrewPull finally died on me and I'm now a sad panda, relying on The Husband to open wine bottles with a waiter's cockscrew which I somehow have lost the knack to handle. Dependency, methinks.

So, off to eBay again, and got a few buys :)

Picked the Metrokane Houdini with stand this time:

47416c4e526e4e47775a3858716f4732756477-149x149-0-0.jpg

And an aerating pour for young reds:

metrokane-sur-la-table-drinkware-rabbittm-wineaerating-pourer-by.jpg

As well as some gemstone wine charms and reusable ice blocks. :)

- Ely

Ha! You won't need such a generous excuse to come visit :)

Now, how much fun would it be if I shared the verse now? ;) I'm not half as romantic as you, and perhaps one of the most un-girly girls around - hate soft toys and cute crap, which is why you don't see Tiny Tots/Precious Moments/Forever Friends/Hello Kitty gracing any part of my home. Dunno, I'm pretty odd like that. Never folded those paper stars or made friendship bands or played five-stones/zero-point etc, when I was young either. More of a tomboy disguised as a ditsy chick. :P

Verse would be as romantic as I can bear - for example, when we were asked to inscribe our wedding bands, I had "Put it back on!" on my husband's, much to his amusement :P

Anticipation makes the moment sweeter, no?

- Ely

Judging from ur beautiful profile pic, I wouldn't know! Hehe...

Gosh, I miss zero point. N yes, I did friendship bands n name pens.. Silly waste of youth lol..

Now I'm interested to know wat ur man counter back with his inscriptions? ' do not take it off!' ???

Yea ur a teaser, I shall wait patiently then.

Btw babe, since ur the eBay queen, have u come across any interesting life size sculptures?

I need to fill my place with some much needed life like urs :)

Judging from ur beautiful profile pic, I wouldn't know! Hehe...

Gosh, I miss zero point. N yes, I did friendship bands n name pens.. Silly waste of youth lol..

Now I'm interested to know wat ur man counter back with his inscriptions? ' do not take it off!' ???

Yea ur a teaser, I shall wait patiently then.

Btw babe, since ur the eBay queen, have u come across any interesting life size sculptures?

I need to fill my place with some much needed life like urs :)

Ha! The Husband is more traditional, he had "Never to part" inscribed on mine. "Put It Back On!" was the first thing that came to my mind, then I tried to be more romantic and traditional, "The Small Key Is Lost" was next in line but it had too many characters - from Frau Ava's:

I am yours.

You are mine.

Of this we are certain.

You are lodged in my heart.

The small key is lost.

You must stay there forever.

Then I thought we should have matchy-matchy verses, like "For I had Found Love" on one, and "And Love was You" on the other but when we were finally asked to confirm the inscriptions, I decided to go with my first, spontaneous pick. Even The Husband commented that it was more "me"~ (I'm sure he's referring to my wit and humor, and definitely not my lack of romantic gestures :rolleyes:) :P

As for sculptures, it really depends what you love. I like dancers, for their grace and I love dance :)

Something interesting for that bare wall:

ANI00003-dining.jpg

If either of you is a cycling enthusiast, then this would be pretty cool I think:

Fan of Sons of Anarchy mabbe?

p103573_2.jpg

Something for the stereo/entertainment room?

p169151_2.jpg

Bronze apple mmmm.

dali_apfel_001.jpg

I love this for my Hollywood bedroom!

And I totally heart Marcel Duchamp's 1913 'Bicycle Wheel'! If I had the space I would so get this!!

3215489661_fe06c60133.jpg

If you can narrow it down to materials, type (figurines, etc), then it would a lot easier. :)

Btw, that profile pic isn't of me - I love figurative art - this one is from Ramon Lombarte :)

- Ely

Hohoho so u had us all fooled...

Looking at the images u post, I can only think of one thing, DUST! An OCD's worst enemy.

I totally heart Marcel D as well. But the Old Boy does not concur.

In my wildest dream, I want a statue of David in glossy fuchsia. Glorified in his nakedness.

Find me one? :rolleyes:

Hohoho so u had us all fooled...

Looking at the images u post, I can only think of one thing, DUST! An OCD's worst enemy.

I totally heart Marcel D as well. But the Old Boy does not concur.

In my wildest dream, I want a statue of David in glossy fuchsia. Glorified in his nakedness.

Find me one? :rolleyes:

No nekkid David, but there's his head in red? :P

il_570xN.249296724.jpg

Or how about a sequined mohawk? :P

il_570xN.246048023.jpg

il_570xN.245562549.jpg

- Ely

Queen of internet shopping~~ :P

ask u a question, if i were to get any paintings from ebay, will the shipping be ex?

Edited by insane

Queen of internet shopping~~ :P

ask u a question, if i were to get any paintings from ebay, will the shipping be ex?

Expensive is relative :P I got my cowhide rugs at US$69 shipping, and the metal art was about US$80 a piece for shipping. Still considerably cheaper than buying direct from the gallery (the art pieces' gallery prices are about US$2K). I got my art within 4 days of payment though, so it can really be worth it.

FYI, that Marcel D's Bicycle Wheel's shipping is only US$10 to Singapore (so d.a.m.n tempting) :P Really depends, which is why I often ask for quotes first before deciding to go the consignment merchant route. Amazon direct can be cheaper because they are soooo generous with their packaging, so it often would be a crazy charge for shipping, especially when Borderlinx repackages your items, like putting a 1" dog tag into a 12" DHL envelope and charging you for volume~ I've asked them not to repackage my items anymore and so far has been okay, but currently, no attractive promos from Borderlinx atm.

Use the shipping calculators on the various consignment sites to decide if it's worth the postage :)

- Ely