Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kobelala

We Bought A Flat, And Made It Our Home

No Sis, 12 windows is exclude my living and balcony, I only do the 3 bedrooms and Lvl 1 windows along the common corridor :)

Oh thanks. Why not living and balcony tho? Needed for watching TV in the day right?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

remember this opening ??

IMG-20110728-01001.jpg

... so we painted the frame white and replace the rounded wooden top with a straight white solid top...

Love the white look! Did you use glass splashback? Was there any problem fitting the powerpoints?

kobelala,

true hor.

ok, when u available, i walk over and see myself! ;)

yes, 榴莲 party.. got to be fast le. else season over wor.

nx week?

wahhahaa

hehe, u'r most welcome :)

Glad to know that you r ending your reno process.... Thx for all your advice and recommendations. :)

Thanks Bro, no problem we're here to share :D

Hey Soichiro, does that mean we should get a hook or something to secure the blinds with at the bottom? What does a pelmet look like?

Its a choice to get the hook. My supplier provides at $5 per set. But I think can bargain to get for free la. Be careful though, its at the height where kids run around and stab their face at. I personally would not install it. Maybe think of other ways to DIY something... velcro? haha.

Pelmet is a metal/plastic cover for the top part of the roller blinds. No picture, but thats the general gist?

oh then no choice has to do 2 pcs of roller blinds for the windows....

bro, congrats!! your house is so clean and neat.....!! me also will love in after lunar 7th month...date is 7th sep...anyway house is still undergoing reno..no need rush rush.

Oh thanks. Why not living and balcony tho? Needed for watching TV in the day right?

Hi Sis, I intend to do some other stuffs for the Balcony glass door, as for the living on the other side, I would like to leave them open as the 4 windows and the balcony parapet are in line (u know what I mean ?) also there's no afternoon sun, so it's ok I can watch TV without glare :D

Love the white look! Did you use glass splashback? Was there any problem fitting the powerpoints?

Hi Renmapiao, thanks for dropping by my t-blog, yes its white glass and no problem with powerpoints, as the measurements are accurate, just be sure that you use tempered glass as the socket areas are very fragile due to plugging in and out constantly :)

Its a choice to get the hook. My supplier provides at $5 per set. But I think can bargain to get for free la. Be careful though, its at the height where kids run around and stab their face at. I personally would not install it. Maybe think of other ways to DIY something... velcro? haha.

Pelmet is a metal/plastic cover for the top part of the roller blinds. No picture, but thats the general gist?

Bro, mine as u can see is without pelmet, as I'm using PVC base blinds, if you're using fabric , then it's better to have pelmets to keep dust away :)

oh then no choice has to do 2 pcs of roller blinds for the windows....

bro, congrats!! your house is so clean and neat.....!! me also will love in after lunar 7th month...date is 7th sep...anyway house is still undergoing reno..no need rush rush.

Thanks Sis, it's clean n neat because we have not brought out "untidy" stuffs over :o:D

Hi Fairydust, the Mods of the forum had removed the thread.... :( they now charge for starting a group buy thread there :(

I think maybe they encounter many users abusing the facility ....

oh no... :( will u still be organizing the group buy?

Hi Renmapiao, thanks for dropping by my t-blog, yes its white glass and no problem with powerpoints, as the measurements are accurate, just be sure that you use tempered glass as the socket areas are very fragile due to plugging in and out constantly :)

Thanks for the tip

oh no... :( will u still be organizing the group buy?

Hi fairydust, I'll still continue to lobby for the group buy but only in my t-blog now..... so hopefully I'll get some readers that happen to come into my t-blog and happen to be interested.....

Thanks for the tip

No problem bro, we're here to share our experiences :D

Hi fairydust, I'll still continue to lobby for the group buy but only in my t-blog now..... so hopefully I'll get some readers that happen to come into my t-blog and happen to be interested.....

Pony_Chair.jpg

214_photo_1_1308616389.jpg

Just to share how I try to "conceal" all the wires around our TV area....

IMG-20110801-01024.jpg

Got the 2 boxes from IKEA, the extension multi sockets are place inside those boxes....

All wires are also place inside the boxes plugged into the extension sockets...

Managed to minimise the visible wires as we do not have a TV feature wall.... :D

Just to share how I try to "conceal" all the wires around our TV area....

IMG-20110801-01024.jpg

Got the 2 boxes from IKEA, the extension multi sockets are place inside those boxes....

All wires are also place inside the boxes plugged into the extension sockets...

Managed to minimise the visible wires as we do not have a TV feature wall.... :D

nice...great idea...looks neat....are those wine bottles at the bottom???

it can be a headache to conceal those wires....coz we also mounting the tv onto the wall directly...now thinking how to conceal them between the console and tv. anyway the carpentry is in process...

Sis Emo, I dunno is it my PM got problem or yours... anyway, I'll just type here as I'm ok with it, as I also have not blog down what I've done for my reno. ... hope u are ok :sport-smiley-004:

However, this is not the final price n Quote as I kept adding stuffs here n there and also remove stuffs here n there... until my contractor scared to answer my phonecall :sport-smiley-004:

1) Hack n Lay 800 x 800 homo tiles in Living , Dining n Study

2) Hack part of wall at Study

3) hack and Lay kitchen floor tiles

4) hack n lay kitchen toilet floor tiles

5) build hanging cabinet base n washing machine base

6) hack and lay MBR toilet wall n floor tiles

7) hack n lay common toilet floor tiles

8) waterproof 3 toilets n kitchen

9) build platform using laminates at TV area

10) build foyer wall and side wall with design

11) lay black galaxy granite with epoxy pebble at foyer

12) water pipes, installing WC etc

13) build cove light wall beam at tv area

14) build cove light at staircase area

15) hack staircase tiles

16) lay parquet on staircase steps

17) wrought iron gate n stair railings

18) change main door

19) cement screed balcony with pebbles n stones

20) grills whole house

21) painting whole house

22) acid wash x 2 whole house

23) haulage etc (IMO haulage very good to earn.... ..)

I think basically it's like that, with little things like patching up wall, dismentling stuffs.... all for 33.8k.... :sport-smiley-004: less than my targeted 35k :sport-smiley-004:

Hi Kobelala, your reno cost quite reasonable leh for doing so much. Can give your contractor's contact? Thks!