Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kobelala

We Bought A Flat, And Made It Our Home

Hi fairydust, no I've not, yes, Lush n Xclusive are expensive, internet also not much cheaper, I'll go Hommage and talk to the boss Eric again....

Hi Blackcookie, thanks for dropping by my t-blog... .. Yes, I'll go and ask Eric about his minimum order and then update here or start a thread on the poines, but most probably I will not start a group buy, I'll direct members to Eric instead so he can deal direct... will see his price and conditions first :)

Will keep you guy updated on my findings, paying Hommage a visit next week... :D

Hi Kobelala, thanks for the effort in making a trip down to Hommage! can't wait to hear good news from you! :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Ahh..

Having a balcony is nice, wish I had one..

Envious of you guys with a balcony.. :P

Haha, I'm also envious of your Marble MBR restroom :dribble:

Hi Kobelala, thanks for the effort in making a trip down to Hommage! can't wait to hear good news from you! :)

Hi Fairydust, no problem as I'm very keen to get the ponies... :)

really, having a balcony indeed so so nice!

But my rubbish chute is in the balcony :o

bro the plants are really nice... we are now looking for plants too :D

being a "cactus", does it mean that u don't need to water it often? hahaha :lol:

Sis Marshy, I think I've over watered botht the plants, now they look "lembek" (in Malay) or in hokkien "ai si ai si" like that.... I've stop watering them for the past 2 days, and see if they become better.... am going to the nursery to check with the people there...

I gave them about 1.5 litres of water each daily.... I think that's a little too much, the plants feel "drowned" now :( need to do some research on how to take care of them properly....

Hi Kobelala,

I think its a great idea to put cactus at the balcony! I suppose they should be maintenance free? Like desert cactus? Im thinking of getting a couple myself for my new flat so will check it out at Kovan.. there used to be quite a few nurseries there but think most of them have shifted.

1.5 litres daily really seemed to be a lot.. how about rainy days?

Hi Kobelala,

I think its a great idea to put cactus at the balcony! I suppose they should be maintenance free? Like desert cactus? Im thinking of getting a couple myself for my new flat so will check it out at Kovan.. there used to be quite a few nurseries there but think most of them have shifted.

1.5 litres daily really seemed to be a lot.. how about rainy days?

Hi Zone23, thanks for dropping by our t-blog :)

yes, i agree that 1.5 litres is too much, I kept relating ths plants water consumption to my own water consumption... :o also when i bought it from the Kovan nursery, I'm attended by their Bangladeshi gardener.... when i ask him : "easy to keep this plant ?"... his reply was "very easy boss, just put water".... so I followed his instructions blindly... but wife heard him saying "just put water every 2 days boss"...... :o:D

LOL, I think I'm quite nuts in a way to have over watered them..... :D but have learnt from this experience :D hopefully they won't drown, otherwise it'll be an expensive experience :(

Hi Zone23, thanks for dropping by our t-blog :)

yes, i agree that 1.5 litres is too much, I kept relating ths plants water consumption to my own water consumption... :o also when i bought it from the Kovan nursery, I'm attended by their Bangladeshi gardener.... when i ask him : "easy to keep this plant ?"... his reply was "very easy boss, just put water".... so I followed his instructions blindly... but wife heard him saying "just put water every 2 days boss"...... :o:D

LOL, I think I'm quite nuts in a way to have over watered them..... :D but have learnt from this experience :D hopefully they won't drown, otherwise it'll be an expensive experience :(

Too much water may drown the cactus is i remember correctly. Anyway, nice plants! Am thinking of where i can have some in my place after its ready too.

your rubbish chute also @ balcony??

yes, my dear bro.. you DEFINITELY over-water the plant la.

1.5litre???? wahhhh....

1.5litres per day...I think he try to drown the plant la sister :lol:

Bro Kobelala, what the plants don’t like is water, water, water and no drain, drain, drain. The water must be drained off if the roots are to survive and not drown. The roots need oxygen to function properly, move nutrients, collect moisture and support the plant.

Too much water may drown the cactus is i remember correctly. Anyway, nice plants! Am thinking of where i can have some in my place after its ready too.

your rubbish chute also @ balcony??

yes, my dear bro.. you DEFINITELY over-water the plant la.

1.5litre???? wahhhh....

Cos the plants are slightly taller than me.... so i thought.... :o:D they need as much water as me... quite stupid of me LOL..... Yes, the rubbish chute is at 1 corner, we are still thinking of ways to hide it...

1.5litres per day...I think he try to drown the plant la sister :lol:

Bro Kobelala, what the plants don’t like is water, water, water and no drain, drain, drain. The water must be drained off if the roots are to survive and not drown. The roots need oxygen to function properly, move nutrients, collect moisture and support the plant.

Hahaha Sis lady_R, yes I think I almost drown the plants but hopefully they are ok, seems like you got some experience in planting, can you share more tips ?? like when to water, when to use fertilizers... thanks thanks :D

Dear Bros n Sis, we are lookiing for these ponies.... but cheap ones, anyone know where to get ? We know that Lush n Xclusiv have, but the way they mark up these ponies is IMO pretty unreasonable.... Hommage Eric cannot import for me as I'm only getting 2....

tjxh_983_uc9s5.jpg

Should be Big Size ones... ...

tjxh_a66_uc9s5.jpg

kobelala, did you manage to source for cheaper alternatives for the Aarnio Pony? it's really cute! Lush is selling it at $600+ which is so expensive.

Kobelala, you mentioned that Hommage couldn't bring in because you wanted only 2. Can I suggest that (if you really want the pony and haven't gotten them) you speak to Eric of Hommage and ask him how many minimum to bring in and if you can get a better price. Group buys will guarantee a certain amount of revenue for them anyway. You can post a thread here and see if you can get some response. The rest of us can also check within our circle for friends who are keen.

Dear sis n Bros,

I was at hommage today and spoke to Eric on the ponies, he'll be able to bring in the ponies with minimum order of 10 pieces, $350.00 each.... I spoke to him and he may accept order of about 8 pieces, and he can keep 2 at his showroom to sell...

His supplier is only doing Orange and green Pony.... 80cm in length... anyone confirm interested ?

We'll do a group order if we got enough names :

1) Kobelala 2 ponies...