Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kenmura

Mahjong

7 sets of pair is qi dui zi.... its taiwan mahjong rule..... not many pple play..... its really impt to run through the rules when u play with a new group for the first time.... else u think u hu oredi then actually zha hu..... hahahaha

anyone heard of hua hu?? u must get 7 of the 8 numerical flowers.... i u or any other person draw the last one then u immediately game..... whoever draw it will bao u...... must check cards in the end if liu ju and nobody game....

Qi Dui Zi isn't just played in taiwan, it's actually a Japanese Mahjong Rule. Their rule is that to have qi dui zi, you must zi mo. Cannot game on a discarded tile. But as with most mahjong rules, it differs from player to player.

Hua Hu isn't played in Singapore. Bao-ing a player, although I admit there always will be the element of luck, takes skill too. Any player, in a bao situation, will therefore have to make a choice - take a risk and discard the tile (i.e bao wan zi, you still want to risk it by throwing the wan zi, that's your prerogative) or heck that hand and tear down your own tiles. Bao-ing a player using hua hu, the way you mentioned, is quite frankly, ridiculous as absolutely no element of skill is involved, purely luck. But of course, mahjong being mahjong, the rules will always differ and I'm not surprised to hear that there are people out there who play hua hu. I just won't play with you. Chuckle.

Gates of heaven, not easy to achieve, but the chances of getting it is higher as compared to 13 wonders. At least gates of heaven can change formation.

scoring_gatesofheaven.gif

To me, below are one of the hardest to get.

JADE DRAGON

scoring_jadedragon.gif

RUBY DRAGON

scoring_rubydragon.gif

PEARL DRAGON

scoring_pearldragon.gif

Actually I don't know about you guys, but to be frank, IMHO, the most impossible kind of cards to get is still Tian Hu. Talk about being lucky!:curse: There have been many hands I've seen where the player is ALMOST there, but I've never actually seen anyone open up the cards, gasp in shock and tian hu. The rest, I've seen at least once or played with people who have successfully done it.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

In fact, I'm trying to teach my fiancee how to play mahjong. She had her first actual game during this year's CNY and SHE'S HOOKED!:)! :curse::jail::(

She's one step to her dream of becoming a mahjong playing tai tai. ROFL.

In fact, she's only played in 2 other games since then, all over the CNY period but she's so hooked that she's now bugging me to play constantly.

She's so hooked that when she saw the mahjong set that Guiness was giving away, she got super excited. But unfortunately for her, I don't drink Guiness. Besides, it's crazy. You had to have 36 mahjong tabs from Guiness before you can claim the mahjong set. (Every bottle has different tabs. Either the mahjong one, the poker one, the lucky draw one or the thank you for playing one). Somemore each bottle was like $5.50, so even if I were super lucky and get 36 of those tabs in a row, i still would be paying in the region of $198 for the booze. So I didn't get it for her. Imagine her delight when she found someone selling it on Yahoo auctions for only $70+. She leapt at it and she's now the proud owner of her first mahjong set!

vorque31-img600x450-abcbeer1111.jpg

vorque31-img600x450-abc2.jpg

Not bad. She happy, most impt. :P

And some people play 'catch' i.e. if you have centipede open, and I draw the rooster, I can then take your centipede with my rooster so that I will have both the centipede and the rooster. But if the rooster is already open and I draw a centipede, then my centipede is safe.

?????

that's a weird rule.

It kinda defeats the purpose of 'yao' right? Cause by right, you only get 'rewarded' with money for yao when you're lucky enough to draw the matching animal or the matching flower. the other player needs his 'tai' also what. what happens when you supposedly catch his animal? does his tai go over to you as well? as each animal is one tai what....

?????

that's a weird rule.

It kinda defeats the purpose of 'yao' right? Cause by right, you only get 'rewarded' with money for yao when you're lucky enough to draw the matching animal or the matching flower. the other player needs his 'tai' also what. what happens when you supposedly catch his animal? does his tai go over to you as well? as each animal is one tai what....

If you animal gets yao by another player, you lose your tai.

If you think about it, this increases the 'complexity' of the game. Suppose you draw the centipede. If you want to reduce the chance of people yaoing your centipede, you would not want to show your centipede early. But that will mean you have one less card to change. If you draw the rooster, you can show your rooster, but lose the chance to yao the centipede (if it is not out), or you can keep the rooster and hope that someone will show the centipede. However, you also loses one less card to play.

If you animal gets yao by another player, you lose your tai.

If you think about it, this increases the 'complexity' of the game. Suppose you draw the centipede. If you want to reduce the chance of people yaoing your centipede, you would not want to show your centipede early. But that will mean you have one less card to change. If you draw the rooster, you can show your rooster, but lose the chance to yao the centipede (if it is not out), or you can keep the rooster and hope that someone will show the centipede. However, you also loses one less card to play.

Yes, I agree that it increases the tension and the excitement a fair bit.

But IMHO, the losing of that extra one card could make quite a substantial difference when it comes to the formation that you're playing, planning to play or hoping to play. the hidden animal cards(which could go up to two I assume because if I draw the centipede and the mouse, i will initially hold onto it for fear of it being "caught" by another player.) could make a huge difference in the outcome of the games. Ok, say for instance we play on a table where the cap is 5 tai and the minimum before you can game is 2 tai (quite common). I have no other flower except these 2 animal cards (the mouse and the centipede). Towards the tail end of the game, it only makes sense that I would have to reveal them to take in two more cards in order for me to play normally. They get caught and I'm left with 0 tai. Surely you can't expect me to, at that late stage, try to start doing Ban Se just to get the extra 2 tai that I need to game.

Chances are, unless you're running to game, the people with the rooster or the cat will also keep them inside so that their tai automatically gets doubled once their prey gets revealed. From 2 tai to 4 tai immediately which is a Bao Da situation. Doesn't seem very fair to me.

But then again mate, like I said earlier, every table has different rules. What matters most is that you have fun with the rule!

:curse:

?????

that's a weird rule.

If your players play 咬 (Ka), then the "catch" rule won't be applied.

mahjong9vl.th.png

genx, ur set SO NICE! where u got it? wat's the material n price? hehehe.. i love it too leh.. hehehe..

anyone ard bukit panjang wanna play mj? looking for regular kakis

Me me!!! I super MJ addict.. all because of SO.. haha.. invite his friend over last december.. and i'm hooked till now!... 've been playing every week since... haha..

If i never play... i feel so weird leh.. then moodY!! muahhaa... MJ depression..

But shoei.. will only be moving in like december or January.. currently still staying in Jurong West...

Gates of heaven, not easy to achieve, but the chances of getting it is higher as compared to 13 wonders. At least gates of heaven can change formation.

To me, below are one of the hardest to get.

JADE DRAGON

quote]

Great if renotalk have the inserts for all the majong tiles . Make it easy just like insert smiley, drag and paste icon6.gif

Stumbled onto this thread and found my favourite activity here. 8|

I am a mahjong siao and I played every single week for the past few years. Geez. Will be moving to East side in Feb 08 and thus, wanna look for kakis. Anyone staying in East side? :notti: