Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nettez

Project Punggol Lodge!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi nettz, sorry to hear about your flooring. Hope they managed to rectify the issue. Flooring can be a big headache!

Yes! Please pm me your contact! Would love to do it in the future so I am gathering information now. Thanks!

Hey Et209, contact sent to u!

[Week 6 - Parquet Crisis!]

There it is... the damage which happened to the parquet flooring! :( Repairing works are still undergoing, and hopefully, should be done by this Sunday. We have bought some 2nd hand good condition furniture, and 1 of them will be delivered this Sunday. Will post photos on the resotred parquet and photos this weekend!

parquetrm.jpg

parquetrm1.jpg

[Week 7 - Completed painting works and ceramic stone basin]

Besides the little hiccup caused by the parquet... there's other things to cheer about, such as the completion of painting and masonry works for my kitchen! :sport-smiley-018:

1. Painting Works

Now the colour shows more beautifully... 3 coats in all were needed.

The Masterbed Room... noticed the little lobangs? Yeah the parquet warping happened to all 3 rooms.

paintedmbr.jpg

& another angle of the Masterbed Room again...

paintedmbr1.jpg

The study room. In contrast to the masterbed room, only the 'sunken' part of the wall was painted a different colour

paintedstudyrm.jpg

2. Masonry Works

Well, according to my folks at home, ceramic basin stands are much more lasting than the normal ones using wood. Reason being, water seeps and corrodes the wood over time. I guess that's very much true, as the wooden cabinets below my sink at home now are starting to smell. Challenge would probably be on how to coordinate the cabinet colours later

ceramicbasinstand.jpg

With that... we'll be moving on to the carpentry works soon! Quite excited that the reno is about to be done soon. More photos coming up!

Hello..wow I'm very impressed with the work done. I am also thinking of hacking the kitchen wall although my layout is a bit different, with the combined living/dining area and bomb shelter next to the kitchen. Which contractor did you engage? You mentioned something about Beyond Basic but couldn't find any online info. I am also thinking of putting solid wood flooring for my whole house. Would you recommend your guy even after the parquet woes you experienced?

Thanks!

Hello..wow I'm very impressed with the work done. I am also thinking of hacking the kitchen wall although my layout is a bit different, with the combined living/dining area and bomb shelter next to the kitchen. Which contractor did you engage? You mentioned something about Beyond Basic but couldn't find any online info. I am also thinking of putting solid wood flooring for my whole house. Would you recommend your guy even after the parquet woes you experienced?

Thanks!

Hi Farah! Well, I can't visualize how ur layout will look like without ur floor plan, but I knew of a neighbour doing that as well, hacking off the kitchen wall, but they also did a bartop counter extended beyond the kitchen. As such, their kitchen was bigger. :)

Yea, Beyond Basic didn't have a website! I tried looking before too. I'm still in the negotiation stage with them, so would prefer my carpentry works are completed before I give you my endorsement on them.. haha, but if you like, I could pass you their contact first.

So far, my parquet contractor has been providing quite good customer service after the warping saga. They didn't play the blame game, which was a good thing. Whao, you intend to parquet the whole house? :) If I had the $$ I'll prob do that too!

Hello!

Your house and ideas are fantastic! =D am curious - are you engaging several contractors or just one main contractor? >.< me n my hubby to be also recently got our flat from sobf.. likewise.. no floors so we're v interested in how u're managing the reno..

TIA!!!

>.<

sarah

sarafie85@gmail.com

Hello!

Your house and ideas are fantastic! =D am curious - are you engaging several contractors or just one main contractor? >.< me n my hubby to be also recently got our flat from sobf.. likewise.. no floors so we're v interested in how u're managing the reno..

TIA!!!

>.<

sarah

sarafie85@gmail.com

Hey sarah!

sorry for the belated reply... and yes, we engaged several contractors. Kinda tiring though =) can pass you the contacts for the individual items if you r interested after seeing the photos.

must go and do alot of reading and research to get the ideas you want!

And we had our carpentry works done up! We are quite pleased with the turn-out of the workmanship... must say that physical supervision of the contractor is really essential.

Let the pictures below speak for themselves! =)

1. Kitchen

White laminates for top cabinets, and dark brown wood laminates for the bottom. Was thinking of putting dark brown for both top and bottom, but that would make the entire kitchen look smaller.

Granite top will be up next week. The contractor got part of the cabinet lay out WRONGLY (See lobang on right side). I guess they would have just mounted the wrong cupboard size if my Fiance wasn't there to do the supervision...

Lesson Learnt: Supervise supervise supervise!

kitchen1.jpg

kitchen2.jpg

2. Shoe Cabinet

Full height shoe cabinet... using the same laminates as kitchen

shoecabinet.jpg

3. TV Console

Simple... no TV feature wall as we already have an Art feature wall

TVconsole.jpg

4. Masterbedroom Wardrobe & Settee

wardrobe.jpg

Settee.jpg

Love the bay window settee! It is also practical as the settee creates extra storage space for items like blankets, pillow, bedsheets etc.

There was suppose to be a cushion installed in the centre of the settee, where the dent is. But our contractor brought the wrong cushion design during the installation. It's a 'bessing in disguise' as it turned out the settee looks nicer without the cushion.

5. Masterbedroom Toilet

And last but not least, the toilet! Partially done up as solid surface top and full length mirror still outstanding.

Mastertoilet.jpg

Hi Nettez!

please send me the contacts to my email!! hehee.. your house looks really beautiful =D am still considering the option between having a ID/contractor/separate contractors... when u say supervise them, do u mean u hv to be there the entire time while they r working? =D

thanx!

(looking forward to hearing from u~!)

sarah

sarafie85@gmail.com

love ur bay windowsettee! we also did something similar, but not with the dent, just flat.. also thought of getting cushions, but agree it kinda looks nicer without it also