Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gunbound888

Building A Balcony With Glass Panel Railings

Dear all,

Thinking of hacking down my bedroom windows and install a balcony with glass panel railings. Does anyone know how much will it cost to install a balcony and if BCA approval is required? Thanks in advance

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Dear all,

Thinking of hacking down my bedroom windows and install a balcony with glass panel railings. Does anyone know how much will it cost to install a balcony and if BCA approval is required? Thanks in advance

Check BCA's Build It Right document for works not requiring BCA approval or permit.

http://www.bca.gov.sg/WorksApprovalNotRequired/build_it_right.html

It looks like adding a new balcony would need a permit.

A first question though is whether your setback requirement would leave you enough space to add a balcony. Have you checked that?

Not legal but everyone is doing it. Unless someone complains, then u LL must dismantle but it's ok to do. Glass panel probably about $1200-$1800 depending on length and height. Some put s/s railings on top of the glass, some think there's no need for this (extra cost). Not sure about cost of hacking down the bedroom windows coz i use a builder everything included. So technically...it's cheap and pretty. Good for suntan if you got good figure to flaunt.

oh by the way, sometimes after TOP then can add the glass. before that if BCA comes and check, cannot install first.

I think it is safer for you to wait till CSC before you do it. If possible, do those that are non fixed type where it can be dismantled easily. I have heard of cases where the neighbouring newly built-house was inspected, the inspector lodge a complaint against the house that has installed railings to fence up the car pouch balcony illegally.

Cheers and good luck!