Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sethho

A New Lair In The West

Andrew promise us 2/3D by this Thurs...will post when we get them!

Well, before we see the professional 2D/3D drawings from Andrew, here is a preliminary preview to our new floor layout after all the hacking and reconstructing. Created using a free online floor planner hence design is limited to whatever colours & pictures are available but generally the new layout is something like this lah :)

2DFloorPlanLayout.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Anything that deals with toilet, they usually won't approve until you explain to them. That's why mine was delayed as well.

welcome to RT blog and wishing the both of you a smooth reno. nice to see couples blogging together, been awhile since we have such t-blogs :)

Thank you sleek! :D

~ 2nd forumer to sign in and congratulate us ~

Thank you sleek! :D

~ 2nd forumer to sign in and congratulate us ~

She is very nice and have a very cute boy! She came to my place just now. :)

Haha...don't let Ader near them. She loves to play with other people's kids and not let them go home :P

Oh ya, you had house warming today as well right? Congratz on unpacking and finalizing everything!

Edited by sethho

Oh yes, it's your house warming today..or rather yesterday! ;) I bet everyone must be like :jawdrop: when they see your island, WIW and that "secret passage door" to your room :sport-smiley-004:

May! wah next time cannot enter your beautiful house cos head too big now rofl.gif and lucky i didnt bring the older one, if not you wont say such nice things liao.

ader + seth, let me return the compliment here - may you are a really warm and giving person, it is our fortune to get to know you! good.gif

Haha...don't let Ader near them. She loves to play with other people's kids and not let them go home :P

Oh ya, you had house warming today as well right? Congratz on unpacking and finalizing everything!

seth, oh that is good news to me as i am more than happy to pass my kids out to any willing helpersexcl.gifno matter how much i want to stay at home with them, it just gets very tiring looking after & being with them daily. there were some nice helpers at the gathering earlier already, jammin.gif

That's good mah.... Not all women like kids. Her son really cute and understand instructions well. So fun to play...

Yup, a mini house warming today! Was very fun to meet all those we know on RT. And I am glad I unpacked everything. 3 things still missing.... Then will be complete: tv, mirror and my bar stool. :)

Oh yes, it's your house warming today..or rather yesterday! ;) I bet everyone must be like :jawdrop: when they see your island, WIW and that "secret passage door" to your room :sport-smiley-004:

You and yr hubby have very good "muak chi". Always say the same thing! Haha....

I didn't hear any jaw dropping leh....

Edited by May_dream1

seth, oh that is good news to me as i am more than happy to pass my kids out to any willing helpersexcl.gifno matter how much i want to stay at home with them, it just gets very tiring looking after & being with them daily. there were some nice helpers at the gathering earlier already, jammin.gif

I know what you mean, sleek. But you accomplish one thing most parents fail to do - time spending and proper communication.

One thing I learn from child care that most parents fail to do, because they usually have to multi-task, is to look them at the eye for proper engagement when communicating. Mostly, parents and teachers just shout (when multi-tasking) for attention, which not only hurts their vocals+health in the long run, but establish the ground that the child should only really respond to shouting and/or 'threats'.

From May's description of your kids, you are doing a fine job! :thumbs up:

I know what you mean, sleek. But you accomplish one thing most parents fail to do - time spending and proper communication.

One thing I learn from child care that most parents fail to do, because they usually have to multi-task, is to look them at the eye for proper engagement when communicating. Mostly, parents and teachers just shout (when multi-tasking) for attention, which not only hurts their vocals+health in the long run, but establish the ground that the child should only really respond to shouting and/or 'threats'.

From May's description of your kids, you are doing a fine job! :thumbs up:

seth, haha you give me too much credit for my younger boy's obedience, he was born as such so a little molding is all that is necessary to produce such good results.

i am the screaming banshee 99% of the time with my older boy, nothing seems to work; be it positive or negative reinforcement, ignoring, praising, 1 on 1 time, thinking corner et al, you name it we have tried it. really big headache dunno.gif i'm planning on sending him for a DA just to find out if there is anything actually wrong and if not, how we can handle him better anyway since he is very intelligent but with a very stubborn, insecure and emotional personality.

May! wah next time cannot enter your beautiful house cos head too big now rofl.gif and lucky i didnt bring the older one, if not you wont say such nice things liao.

ader + seth, let me return the compliment here - may you are a really warm and giving person, it is our fortune to get to know you! good.gif

I like active kids, sleek! Means they are full of life and like normal boys. Tiring but that's how it should be. So I understand when someone else willing to help take care. Hehe....

Now you trying to make me not able to enter my own home! Hehe..... Thanks for the compliment.... So sweet of you! Hehe....

seth, haha you give me too much credit for my younger boy's obedience, he was born as such so a little molding is all that is necessary to produce such good results.

i am the screaming banshee 99% of the time with my older boy, nothing seems to work; be it positive or negative reinforcement, ignoring, praising, 1 on 1 time, thinking corner et al, you name it we have tried it. really big headache dunno.gif i'm planning on sending him for a DA just to find out if there is anything actually wrong and if not, how we can handle him better anyway since he is very intelligent but with a very stubborn, insecure and emotional personality.

Don't worry - its never easy with kids, but I have faith in you!

Mostly, kids need attention and trust from their parents - just make sure you fully engage him, esp when he is insecure or emotional.

Letting him socialize more with other kids his age will expand his 'familiarity' space (i.e. family, schools, and friends) and help strengthen his character to maturity.

Oops...sorry for being so preachy... my wife will now tell you how naggy I am zz

May - not sure if I mention this before - love your 'lazy' door to your MBR and your swinging door to WiW/MBR toilet :good:

Reminds me of those martial arts drama with 'ji guan' leading to secret rooms or compartments :bow:

Don't worry - its never easy with kids, but I have faith in you!

Mostly, kids need attention and trust from their parents - just make sure you fully engage him, esp when he is insecure or emotional.

Letting him socialize more with other kids his age will expand his 'familiarity' space (i.e. family, schools, and friends) and help strengthen his character to maturity.

Oops...sorry for being so preachy... my wife will now tell you how naggy I am zz

not naggy or preachy la, i appreciate advice especially on how to handle #1. i miss them showing super nanny on tv.

socialization is zero issue with him actually, he is a little Casanova already, tons of girlfriends wherever he goes rolleyes.gif he started a Montessori kindy this year and was going for berries and dance once a week since the whole of last year, till now and we've started him on swimming just 2 months ago. i'm only sending him for what i consider the essentials as we fully believe in him having a happy childhood that is not encumbered with a packed daily schedule with no time to breathe least of all for play. my mum has always believed in a holistic, experiential approach with plenty of common sense thrown in, thus i am following this approach as i totally agree with the philosophy too. i always believe this should be the basic approach to EC education but unfortunately in SG we have to pay a premium and what we get is not even premium bangwall.gifhahaha now i'm being the lor sor one.

oh edited cos i meant to ask, are you in the education field for pri/ sec/ jc/ uni or specifically EC?

Edited by sleek