Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sethho

A New Lair In The West

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Harsh? I don't think so and I don't think I indicated that I thought you were out of line leh, dont worry dude! Hahah dip in ec ah, same as me leh :P and your new place is very near my current.

Like I mentioned previously positive or negative doesn't seem to make a difference, I think it could just be a boy thing re: short attention span and memory but will be sending him for devt assessment anyways. Oh well we are constantly learning together, I'm learning and so is he, though he teaches me alot everytime.

Thanks for sharing, don't want your wife to suan you again. :).

Children develop abstract conceptualization at a younger age now, so you may be surprise what a good talk, making him write an (say 30-50 words) apology letter or shared diary with you, or abstience of his privilege (in replacement for new interest) - can help develop the child's mind, linguistic ability, express his emotion and discover hidden talents.... instead of toughening his skin and shame with spanking... lol

Have fun together with your bundle of joy! Share simple domestic challenges with him to solve together (Montessori "hands-on" approach helps here!). Enjoy developing his value system and prepare his intellect to deal with 'the system' in future society.

Ok, I better stop here - if not I will be 'suan' by my wife again...

Harsh? I don't think so and I don't think I indicated that I thought you were out of line leh, dont worry dude! Hahah dip in ec ah, same as me leh :P and your new place is very near my current.

Like I mentioned previously positive or negative doesn't seem to make a difference, I think it could just be a boy thing re: short attention span and memory but will be sending him for devt assessment anyways. Oh well we are constantly learning together, I'm learning and so is he, though he teaches me alot everytime.

Thanks for sharing, don't want your wife to suan you again. :).

Wah...I better clarify myself here man... I never suan Seth leh... he is the one who always suan me and mock at me :dunno::P

Sleek, I think I saw your boy in photos of friends78 housewarming I think...yah, he is cute lor! And a lady-killer-to-be in 10+ years :notti:

Wah...I better clarify myself here man... I never suan Seth leh... he is the one who always suan me and mock at me :dunno::P

Sleek, I think I saw your boy in photos of friends78 housewarming I think...yah, he is cute lor! And a lady-killer-to-be in 10+ years :notti:

Ader, hahaha he's talking bad about you in front of you! Bad Seth!

Thanks, that is #2 though. #1 is even more playboy face, *roll eye*

Sorry for hi-jacking your thread to talk about early childhood issues !!

Welcome in.

I am still waiting for the mentioned 3Ds ;).

I see you have a top floor unit. We are also on the top floor and some of the beams are truly terrible. i don't think there is a straight line over 12" in the apartment ;).

We also had a leak in the ceiling on moving in. There was a dark stain with broken plaster. When we replastered, a damp patch came back every time it rained. The town council were pretty good (it is them and not HDB who deal with the roof) and they came and fixed the problem. No more leaks seen since.

RB

Ader, hahaha he's talking bad about you in front of you! Bad Seth!

Thanks, that is #2 though. #1 is even more playboy face, *roll eye*

Sorry for hi-jacking your thread to talk about early childhood issues !!

No prob, sleek :) I find that t-blog is a good platform for not just reno experience/info exchange but also chatting of any topics under the sun that forumers enjoy sharing; that's the fun part mah :sport-smiley-004:

Welcome in.

I am still waiting for the mentioned 3Ds ;).

I see you have a top floor unit. We are also on the top floor and some of the beams are truly terrible. i don't think there is a straight line over 12" in the apartment ;).

We also had a leak in the ceiling on moving in. There was a dark stain with broken plaster. When we replastered, a damp patch came back every time it rained. The town council were pretty good (it is them and not HDB who deal with the roof) and they came and fixed the problem. No more leaks seen since.

RB

Our unit also had history of leakage but HDB & Town Council said the leakage has been rectified le & it's ok now woh...they better be right otherwise I will make sure I bring this case right up to the MP! :furious:

May, we will owe you a treat once our renovation is complete. You get to pick one dish for our house warming if you have the time to make it ;)

I will make a special Nonya recipe chicken macaroni, fish soup noodle (have to wake up before 6am to get the fish) , or Nonya style popiah (no promise for this, because have not master this and its LOTs of work).

wah!!! sound like you can cook much better than me. i got to hide inside my den liao..hahaha... don't dare to show my face.

But THANK YOU THANK YOU will definitely make it to visit your place when its ready. hehehehe.... no matter what you cook, i will be happy to eat all of it.

No prob, sleek :) I find that t-blog is a good platform for not just reno experience/info exchange but also chatting of any topics under the sun that forumers enjoy sharing; that's the fun part mah :sport-smiley-004:

Ya... forum is for all kind of talks and make friends. since live so nearby then next time can meet more often.... just remember to ask me along. free and single, can go anywhere anytime. :)

wahh.. the photos really original feel.

Guess there's going be some major revamp ba .. :)

You are right! Complete overhaul & EVERYTHING GOES except the main door & grille, of which we are waiting for the HIP to opt in as ours is a fire-rated door...too ex to change :(

wah!!! sound like you can cook much better than me. i got to hide inside my den liao..hahaha... don't dare to show my face.

But THANK YOU THANK YOU will definitely make it to visit your place when its ready. hehehehe.... no matter what you cook, i will be happy to eat all of it.

Believe it or not, we have dated for coming to 7 years le but I have NEVER tried his cooking and now he's offering to cook for another woman! :bangwall::furious: LOL :P But for May, it's ok lah :yamseng:

Congrats settho to your new place. It is a very unique layout where both bedrooms is not facing the corridors.

Yah, Seth needs a lot of privacy and we have been looking for corner units for months but no luck hence were so happy when we found this, with relatively low COV somemore :thumbs up:

Hmm...today is the first day of reno..hacking... wonder how's things over our lair now :unsure: Actually felt like popping by after work but too late le + feeling very tired and I guess it will be a more "fruitful" trip if I go after 2-3 days of hacking ba :dunno:

Gee...feel so apprehensive...not just becos reno started today but also the lighting... Seth & I still haven’t found our “love-at-first-sight” centre piece pendant lamp… Went to more than 10 lighting shops in Balestier and Jln Besar but still searching… :bangwall: Any recommendation?

actually there isn't much to see on the demolition.. d-day! sit back and relax and once the debris clear up then the tiling work will began than there is plenty of time for site visiting. As for lighting ..maybe you wanna try and visit the shop that i went.. located at 176 sims avenue. attitude illumination.

I guess you are right...but think better go at least on the 3rd day of hacking ba..in case they miss out any walls/areas that need to be hacked or worse hacked the wrong walls/areas! :bangwall:

Thanks for the lighting recommendation too. Will go down if time permits..cos we still have lots of stuff haven't managed/bought. I have thought about it le...worst case scenario just buy the "most satisfying (but not the "dream" piece) pendant light we have seen so far lor... :unsure:

Anyone can advice or recommend if it is worth while to invest on Philips $38 downlight, or leave it to chance for house brand PLC light to have the same life span as well, but with less savings?

Hey sethho!

Welcome to renotalk! and starting your own t-blog to share with us. :)

ohh... actually I went down to lightings.com.sg ytd, to get my LED track lights and downlights...

I was also going the same thought process as you... but in the end, we didn't get the Philips downlights... don't ask me why...

i can't remember my argument also...

i wonder if the high initial cost will be able to recuperate in the operating savings... and how long would it take...

i think we'll stick to the cheaper $26 kind... btw, i'm not having a lot of downlights... prob just 5 in total... :P

Quite a rare occurrence for both husband and wife to be on the same thread :lol:! Definitely fun!

As for your laundry pulley system, my hubby will be able to advise you better on this (he's doing ours).

Your apartment is so retro it make me laugh me a little. I imagine an entire overhaul and a hefty reno bill, but at least you'd be able to do it up exactly the way you want it, not pay some premium COV for a "just-renovated A1 decor" that isn't you.

Looking forward to more pics and progress! :)

- Ely

Thank you Kobelala :D another RT frequent member I see here...hehehe

Haha, watch out Seth as we'll come and hijack your t-blog on and off to discuss other matters :o:sport-smiley-004:

The other side of the living room with some 70s legacy....

DSCF0013.jpg

now that i'm at home, i can finally see the photos... this is truly classic, man. that's the version of DIY wall decor 30 yrs ago :lol:

marshmallow is a nice nick ~ just like my avatar in-game name is usually bubblegum, inspired by "Bubblegum Crisis"

Ya, same era...lol Though now I am reading Onepiece, Bakuman and many others online. Nico Robin is another favorite character. Oops...better don't show too much of my 'otaku' side.

omg bubblegum crisis... that is so long ago! :bow:

i have been using marshmallow since the good old ICQ days... i got my ICQ account same day with my bro, so we each picked our favourite snack as our nicknames :D

okie let's not reveal what is our "era" :P

Ya, I remember seeing mae29's mecha like hangers... feels like it can transform into Autobots anytime - so cool... :sport-smiley-004:

But think I will go with simple up-and-down type as I do not want to over spend if I can.

mine is like Unit 00, just prototype... sis mae29's one is like at least a Unit 01 or 02 :lol:

Edited by marshmallow