Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sethho

A New Lair In The West

Presenting the original pics taken (and orientated correctly) by Ader :sport-smiley-003:

Starting from the main entrance, which we will not replace as HIP has been announced for free essential and optional heavily subsidies upgrading :)

We will probably just repaint the door and get HDB to replace the fire-rated door (because unit is just beside staircase and lift) which typically costs between $1 to 1.3k :jawdrop:

DSCF0008.jpg

Living room from the main entrance

DSCF0009.jpg

It is not obvious here, but the beam is NOT parallel to the floor...more like 20 degrees deviation which we highlighted must be rectified. This seems to be a common problem with some HDB top floors as slight deviation from all floors below are accummulated at the top unit because of poor workmanship... that is what you get from the lowest quote in a government bid :P

DSCF0012.jpg

The other side of the living room with some 70s legacy....

DSCF0013.jpg

Edited by sethho

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

The kitchen...

DSCF0019.jpg

The kitchen ceiling is in pretty bad condition. We got the HDB officer down to check repair records and to do onsite inspection. Everything is verified ok, but have asked our contractor to pay special attention on applying the sealants here.

DSCF0061.jpg

Our dilemma is deciding where to get place our new hangers...considering getting those pulley system hangers as we will be using both side of the kitchen. Would appreciate any advice or recommendation from kind RT members here! :help:

Here is our contractor and his project lead...

DSCF0063.jpg

Pipe #1 we have to replace with PVC pipe

DSCF0028.jpg

Pipe #2 and conversion of squatting to sitting WC

DSCF0032.jpg

Edited by sethho

Passage way, new MBR entrance and storeroom to demolish.

Andrew (our contractor) just informed us that the new doorway under the beam is fine. It's the new wall and demolition of MBR toilet wall that required explanation of intention and re-approval... see next picture.

DSCF0060.jpg

Our new study/guest room. Desk + waist height shelves + track light + sofa bed + ready made wardrobe will be included after everything is done.

The HDB rule is no more than 2ft of space for basin width in vanity area. We spotted a perfect set that comes with cabinet in GR link with the exact dimension!

DSCF0035.jpg

Our new MBR!

DSCF0048.jpg

The store room wall and old door way that will be demolished for the mini-WiW

DSCF0056.jpg

We will wall mount some mirrors in the living room and MBR for extra brightness without extra lighting points, create spatial illusions, and of course, vanity utilities.

But most importantly, we want a small cosy place to clean with as little efforts as possible over the weekends :sport-smiley-018:

Edited by sethho

Am I too late to welcome u to T-blog? COngrats on getting such a nice location and such a good COV. I luv Clementi.... :sport-smiley-004: Fond memories of the good old school days....

quote name='sethho' timestamp='1306123461' post='640080']

Presenting the original pics taken (and orientated correctly) by Ader :sport-smiley-003:

Hehee...Seth is in charge "frontier work" starting the t-blog, posting pics with commentaries/intro/info, while I am the "backend support" drawing floor plan & layout, taking & editing photos :sport-smiley-018:

Sorry for the amateur photography and lighting was bad that day (rainy day) when we went for the final inspection and phototaking thus the poor lighting in the photos :s

Edited by AderKong

Am I too late to welcome u to T-blog? COngrats on getting such a nice location and such a good COV. I luv Clementi.... :sport-smiley-004: Fond memories of the good old school days....

Thank you and you are not too late friends78 ;)

We welcome everyone and is thankful of all your congratulations! Do share your comments and recommendations, ya?

Wah... the famous marshmallow :bow: your presence honour us :D

Not sure if the storeroom qualifies as 0.5, but it is definitely bigger than most 3rm corner + access area we have viewed previously in Commonwealth/Queenstown area. 60k COV is RIDIKULUS (*waves wand*)! Sorry got to make Ader happy with some Harry Porter role playing...zzzzz :P

But seriously, this unit was bought over from the original owner, so the COV is less than 20k. We just met our agent last week at the 2nd appointment, and he told us demand now much more than supply vs 1-2 months ago after GE. But COV for a corridor still around 20-30k.

Yup - that's why naming it a "Lair", because my favorite anime characters are controversial 'villains' like Shinji Ikari from Evangelion and Saito Hajime from Ruronin Kenshin :sport-smiley-004:

wahhhh since when i m famous LOL :lol: surely nowhere comparing to other queens/knights/sirs around in RT hahaha~

COV less than 20k!! :o:bow: if i met this kind of owner back then i might have become your neighbour... :P

hahaha you have interesting taste :D it's like my friend who likes the Sensui & Itsuki pair from Yuyu Hakusho (since you mentioned Kenshin and Evangelion, i assume we're from the same era :D). Talking about Kenshin, i dunno where all my books gone to... probably lend to someone (who never returned............ :bangwall:)

and the discussion between sleek and you on children is very interesting. your profession is in child education? you are really knowledgeable in this area~ :)

Our dilemma is deciding where to get place our new hangers...considering getting those pulley system hangers as we will be using both side of the kitchen. Would appreciate any advice or recommendation from kind RT members here! :help:

there are a few types of retractable hangers... mine is just a simple up-and-down type, mae29 has one that can also be pushed out of the window for outdoor drying. which type are you looking for? :)

Passage way, new MBR entrance and storeroom to demolish.

Andrew (our contractor) just informed us that the new doorway under the beam is fine. It's the new wall and demolition of MBR toilet wall that required explanation of intention and re-approval... see next picture.

i'm sure your contractor is very experienced with all forms of wall hacking and wall building after May's project... hahaha :lol:

i'm sure your contractor is very experienced with all forms of wall hacking and wall building after May's project... hahaha :lol:

haha.... Ya, I gave lots of ideas on how certain things can be done. So Andrew will do a good job for u.

Congrats on your new place, nice COV, and very nice n special layout... :good:

Thank you Kobelala :D another RT frequent member I see here...hehehe

wahhhh since when i m famous LOL :lol: surely nowhere comparing to other queens/knights/sirs around in RT hahaha~

COV less than 20k!! :o:bow: if i met this kind of owner back then i might have become your neighbour... :P

hahaha you have interesting taste :D it's like my friend who likes the Sensui & Itsuki pair from Yuyu Hakusho (since you mentioned Kenshin and Evangelion, i assume we're from the same era :D). Talking about Kenshin, i dunno where all my books gone to... probably lend to someone (who never returned............ :bangwall:)

and the discussion between sleek and you on children is very interesting. your profession is in child education? you are really knowledgeable in this area~ :)

marshmallow is a nice nick ~ just like my avatar in-game name is usually bubblegum, inspired by "Bubblegum Crisis"

Ya, same era...lol Though now I am reading Onepiece, Bakuman and many others online. Nico Robin is another favorite character. Oops...better don't show too much of my 'otaku' side.

I took a full-time diploma in pre-school education (teaching) course sponsored via SDF years ago for interest sake and because my good friend got a rare viral spine attack requiring clutches. So accompanied her while in class till her hubby pick her up every day :D I think I was one of the 2 guys in a class of 40+ other students (50% housewives and the other 50% aim for certification to be a child care teacher) ....paiseh...lol

Just glad she recovered and I believe she is still in child care industry today :sport-smiley-003:

Edited by sethho

haha.... Ya, I gave lots of ideas on how certain things can be done. So Andrew will do a good job for u.

May, we will owe you a treat once our renovation is complete. You get to pick one dish for our house warming if you have the time to make it ;)

I will make a special Nonya recipe chicken macaroni, fish soup noodle (have to wake up before 6am to get the fish) , or Nonya style popiah (no promise for this, because have not master this and its LOTs of work).

Edited by sethho

there are a few types of retractable hangers... mine is just a simple up-and-down type, mae29 has one that can also be pushed out of the window for outdoor drying. which type are you looking for? :)

Ya, I remember seeing mae29's mecha like hangers... feels like it can transform into Autobots anytime - so cool... :sport-smiley-004:

But think I will go with simple up-and-down type as I do not want to over spend if I can.

Edited by sethho