Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sleek

Our 2Nd Home Slightly Further West

Oh dear, I can imagine this is all very headachy/frustrating for you and hb. Sayang.

Hope you have a good agent who can help to settle this, call the HDB officer to check etc.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Sayang Sleek... didn't know that your buyer still got 'Part 2'... Think u really need to go thru the legal way of dealing with her. Hope everything will be fine. Take care & Hugs!

thanks all, i just wish she will definitely back out so we can cancel the sale and move along with a new buyer. :~

still want to :fire: her though

wah~ your buyer is uttering nonsense thinking that she can fool you like fooling a 3-yr-old kid~ :huh: even if she wants to lie/threaten, she should have thought of better excuses~ :fire:

let's hope that the sales can go through without anymore hiccups....

on a happier notes, you are really sweet to send that hamper to sis mae~ :) hashima would be great for her after the "stan stan" trip~ hahaha~ :lol:

wah~ your buyer is uttering nonsense thinking that she can fool you like fooling a 3-yr-old kid~ :huh: even if she wants to lie/threaten, she should have thought of better excuses~ :fire:

let's hope that the sales can go through without anymore hiccups....

on a happier notes, you are really sweet to send that hamper to sis mae~ :) hashima would be great for her after the "stan stan" trip~ hahaha~ :lol:

Let's hope the Buyer doesn't play any more trick and go through the deal!!!

Sis Marshy

So nice of you to remember my trip to those "stan stan" places! :thumbs up:

When I return, I catch up with all of you then.

Let's hope the Buyer doesn't play any more trick and go through the deal!!!

Sis Marshy

So nice of you to remember my trip to those "stan stan" places! :thumbs up:

When I return, I catch up with all of you then.

haha i remember the "stan stan" cos it sounds very cute... like calling some small kid's name LOL :lol:

Wow sleek... I just followed your update and is disgusted with your soon to be ex-buyer.

As the chinese saying goes - 'do not harm others, and do not get hurt' - since she initiates it, show no mercy :furious:

Hope everything goes well, and let me know if there is anything we can help. I am currently your next 'block' neighbour...lol :D

Thanks for all your commiserations. After all that drama over the crazy first buyer (we even went down to make a police report, just in case), we finally managed to get HDB to cancel the sale. We proceeded to find a new buyer who was alot more accommodating and things went smoothly. Things worked out better this way in terms of the time line for selling, buying and thus having more time to renovate and move. The only downside was, due to time constraints, we lost out on a better sale price cos we agreed on a price before the new valuation was out.

We will be starting renovations tomorrow and I hope everything goes smoothly. These are photos of the flat currently and we will be changing almost everything except the blue room (bedroom 3). While everything 'looks nice' on the surface from photos and afar, upon closer inspection and in broad daylight we reconfirm our initial assessment that the workmanship leaves alot to be desired and that they did not use better quality materials. It is to be expected too as they told us they move around every couple of years to make $ from their flats.

:sport-smiley-004:

img0285kz.jpg

L - R/ Top - Bottom

1. View of living room and current dining area from front door

2. View of current dining area (to be converted to part of master bedroom)

3. View of living room and main door from current dining area.

4. View of corridor to bedrooms from current dining area.

img0286qr.jpg

L - R/ Top - Bottom

1, 2, 3 - View of bedroom 3, belonged to the former owner's son and we're keeping everything except to overlay the study table with a solid top.

4 - Bedroom 2 which will be my mum's bedroom

img0287dj.jpg

L - R/ Top - Bottom

1,2,3 - Current master bedroom which will become the WIW and study area

4 - Master bedroom toilet - changing everything.

img0288kg.jpg

L - R/ Top - Bottom

1, 2, 3, 4 - Redoing the whole kitchen

img0289cc.jpg

L - R/ Top - Bottom

1 - Storeroom

2, 3 - Common toilet, changing position of sink and shower to be able to create a screened-in shower area.

4 - Reno notice :rolleyes:

You can actually sue the 'crazy lady' if you suffered a loss in your current sale. The amount you can claim will be difference in previous sale price against current sale price if there is a loss. Must make her pay. As for mental stress, hard to quantify but still able to claim.

Today is the 4th day of reno and everything that is supposed to be hacked has been hacked away. The space looks really big now but we will be building up walls etc. Can feel the excitement building as I can finally see work progressing after all these months since end of April!.

L - R/ Top - Bottom

1 - False ceiling and former window grilles have been removed from the whole house.

2 - View from main door of living room and future master bedroom. Sand for masonry work is being stored on the plastic sheet; we saw workers at the 1st floor and at the corridor one floor above my place. They bring the debris down and then the sand up.

3 - View from balcony of living and kitchen. One of the workers loading the debris in the kitchen area.

4 - View from future master bedroom sleeping area to master bedroom WIW, study area and toilet.

img0016tf.jpg

L - R/ Top - Bottom

1 - Bedroom 2, floor in the whole house has been laid with cardboard to protect the existing marble flooring.

2 - Future master bedroom WIW area looking to sleeping area and kitchen.

3 - 3D of future master bedroom sleeping area (will have a ceiling fan instead of the chandelier)

4 - View of master bedroom toilet, hack hack hack!

img0018za.jpg

Congrats! U must be looking forward to the changes... shall be stalking ur blog for updates. :)

Congrats Sleek!! Its been a while I didn't log in to your blog.. Looks like the reno is progressing well..& lets hope it will, till the end aite.

I just read about your 1st crazy buyer...*sigh* I know how stress you must have feel during that time. We had been thru almost the same like you..buyer threaten to cancel just bcos we didn't let them come over to do their FS audit and even got the WILD idea of saying mayb we owned AH LONG! Such a stupid_crazy_idiot couple :furious: But its ok laaaa..."what goes around, comes around" they will soon face a worse attitude buyer..worse than them...that is my prayer for them :lol:

I love your 3D master bedroom..& like adidaem..I shall stalk your blog for updates :dribble: