Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bubu

Sengkang Bird Droppings On Aircon Compressor/Ledge Problem

Just got my key to my Sengkang house. To my horror when I looked outside the window from the bedroom to the aircon ledge. the Aircon compressor is covered totally with bird droppings!!

worse the toilet attached to the bedroom has a ventilation window to the aircon ledge.

Bird droppings carry crazy amount of toxic and lethal virus/bacteria, ok should I be worried???

I keep imagining the aircon compressor is distributing those bird droppings dust to the room and also air. OMG

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/15/photogle.jpg/

photogle.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Wah ... Looks very bad ... I would be worried if I was you ... Not sure how I could help, but do an online research to check if there's anything that can scare the birds away, eg: scarecrow is used to scare the crows away right? heez ... At the same time, try look for your town council and see if they are able to do anything to help ... threaten them by saying if you guys not doing anything about it, you know what will happen to the next GE ... muahahahaha !! :)

I can only say you've got to clean up them regularly.....it brings germ...if you have baby or senior citizens, it will affect them faster and usually badly..so sorry to say that...:(

Especially if the wind blows from the bird drops into your house....didnt mean to scare you man, but I have 2 ankle biters who are extremely allergic, it cost me fortune till today..:(...hiks..

Called my reno contractor : He said he couldnt do it, need to engage aircon contractor

Called Town Council after that : That one we can't do coz got compressor, you need to engage aircon contractor to clean

Called Aircon Contractor : We will remove compressor but we wont clean.

WTF sigh

can you install like insect nets/screener those that they sell in DIY shop made of plastic or something over the ledge vertically?

Called my reno contractor : He said he couldnt do it, need to engage aircon contractor

Called Town Council after that : That one we can't do coz got compressor, you need to engage aircon contractor to clean

Called Aircon Contractor : We will remove compressor but we wont clean.

WTF sigh

Hi bubu,

u will need to call both town council & HDB to ask for their help. Where aircon & their brackets are involved, it is under the HDB's purview, not town council's.

Tell u what, why don't u call Mr Tay (PM me if u r interested) & u ask him if u could pay him extra & get his workers to clean it up for u? I'm not sure if he'll want to do it but he owns aircon servicing company with workers.

The Town council & HDB has to do something about it... they cannot jux let the place be polluted with bird faeces as they're a health hazard! And if both parties don't do something about it, u might want to write to NEA, who will tell u that this is not under their jurisdiction & they will forward to TC. Then, u might want to show the MP for your constituency these photographs & that u were unable to engage any aircon people who would want to clean it.

but say, do u have any idea if the bird droppings were "dropped" from the unit above yours or did the pigeons congregate on top of your aircon compressor & poo-poo on it?

But from your photo, it seems to suggest that the bird droppings came from a higher floor; look at the walls flanking the side of your compressor - what do u see above ur aircon compressor (i.e. above windows).

I know of some aunties who used boiling water to splash onto the pigeons who rested at their aircon. They stopped coming after that but it's against the law becox it's killer litter as it might scald others who are walking on the ground floor. And it's extremely cruel. I wouldn't encourage that.

Edited by edenstrauss

hi bubu,

I found a company who might be able to provide netting, not for catching or trapping those hateful birds who left lotx of bird droppings outside your windows, but for preventing those birdies from sitting where they used to sit & purge out their waste.

check out the contact number here in my thread:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=40717&view=findpost&p=648836