Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

hi we are rebuilding our semi-d now and found that builder's quote for air con is not competitive. We have decided to use 3rd party ac but have been told by builder we have to pay '10% profit in attendance' for their supervisory role. Can someone advise if this is market practice and if so, is 10% a fair rate??

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi we are rebuilding our semi-d now and found that builder's quote for air con is not competitive. We have decided to use 3rd party ac but have been told by builder we have to pay '10% profit in attendance' for their supervisory role. Can someone advise if this is market practice and if so, is 10% a fair rate??

You may want to find out what he meant be 10% profit in attendance. When I built my place, I bought my own air-con. No problem.

You may want to find out what he meant be 10% profit in attendance. When I built my place, I bought my own air-con. No problem.

thanks! If you have the info can you share with me how much does it cost to have a 100Am distribution box?

what is 100Am distribution box?

Daikin R22 set. I ask about R410a (environmental friendly version) but was told it would blow 20k just for aircon! pocket not friendly...

RKD50/FTKD50 = $1700

RKD60/FTKD60 = $2400

RKD71/FTKD71 = $2680

4mk100/ftkd 35 x3 = $4600 (multi-split) use for 3bedrooms which no one occupies

100Am distribution box is for the 100Am 3 phase power supply to the house. Sori this has nothing to do with air con. Currently also working on the costing of the electrical which is another big sum

i look at my quote, i got 3phase 60amp only. need until 100amp meh?

sigh i probably do need 100Am. Using induction hob and self cleaning oven which need high power consumption plus the 2 levels are fully air con. May I know how much is your 60Am distribution box?

Ok i just got off the phone with my builder, i ask him why i don't have 100amp? So he said i don't have swimming pool, no induction cooker, no private lift so 60amp for intermediate terrace house more than enough.

by the way, my aircon quotation is all for wall mount units. Didn't want ceiling mount coz my friend's mom selling commercial aircons said ceiling mount are noisier, more expensive to maintain in the long run and requires deeper false ceiling which means my ceiling will be lower.

3phase 60amp main switchboard at meter compartment $2200

sub main cabling from meter to db inside house $1200

distribution board x1 = 2400 (but i installed 2, one for groundfloor, one for 2nd floor)

provision of lead in pipes $1500

thanks so much! I wished I had known about this forum earlier..

sigh i probably do need 100Am. Using induction hob and self cleaning oven which need high power consumption plus the 2 levels are fully air con. May I know how much is your 60Am distribution box?

Unless u are living in a GCB, u dun need 100A, cos unlikely u will be using all at the same time.

415 x 100x1.732x0.8 = 57.5Kwatt

415 x 60 x 1.732 x 0.8 = 34.5Kwatt

A normal hdb flat only 32A x 230V x 0.8 = 5.9Kw.

Edited by bepgof

415 x 100x1.732x0.8 = 57.5Kwatt

415 x 60 x 1.732 x 0.8 = 34.5Kwatt

A normal hdb flat only 32A x 230V x 0.8 = 5.9Kw.

May I know what are above calculations about? How do I calculate whether I require 3 phase 60 or 100 amp? Is it just simply adding the connected load of the various appliances?

100Am distribution box is for the 100Am 3 phase power supply to the house. Sori this has nothing to do with air con. Currently also working on the costing of the electrical which is another big sum

Yes, it is wise of you to install 100Am 3 Phase Power Supply. It would be enough to power up all your electrical supply needs in a house.

My contractor did not charge me directly for the power supply. I paid $5400 (I think this is the figure) to Singapore Power directly. S'pore Power would send their electrician and contractor to dug up the ground and connect the power supply from the sub-station to my gate. From there, my contractor can tap the power supply into the house. I believe the government subsidize private home-owners that choose to bring in 3 Phrase Power Supply to their houses as the cost of connecting the power supply to the house is way beyond the $5400.

When you are planning for power in the house, do remember to do a separate DB Box for each floor and I think it is helpful to be generous with more direct power points around the house. Not those type that loop from one to another. Preferably install power points that can supply sufficient power to a heavy duty oven/ heater, not those kachiam Puteh type of power point that is very average and weak. When I was staying in a re-sale HDB, I found that most of the powerpoints are very low power type, not really good.

You may want to designate an "electrical room" where you place the DB Box, all the electrical supply to be connected to this place, all the telephone system, Opennet High Speed Broadband, switcher, router, modem, etc.. This place could also house your server and will require more powerpoints too.

This needs to be planned into part of your M&E works. Useful to have a few conversations with your M&E Engineer and with owners who have designed their intelligent and Green homes to give you some ideas, when designing your house.

Yes, it is wise of you to install 100Am 3 Phase Power Supply. It would be enough to power up all your electrical supply needs in a house.

My contractor did not charge me directly for the power supply. I paid $5400 (I think this is the figure) to Singapore Power directly. S'pore Power would send their electrician and contractor to dug up the ground and connect the power supply from the sub-station to my gate. From there, my contractor can tap the power supply into the house. I believe the government subsidize private home-owners that choose to bring in 3 Phrase Power Supply to their houses as the cost of connecting the power supply to the house is way beyond the $5400.

When you are planning for power in the house, do remember to do a separate DB Box for each floor and I think it is helpful to be generous with more direct power points around the house. Not those type that loop from one to another. Preferably install power points that can supply sufficient power to a heavy duty oven/ heater, not those kachiam Puteh type of power point that is very average and weak. When I was staying in a re-sale HDB, I found that most of the powerpoints are very low power type, not really good.

You may want to designate an "electrical room" where you place the DB Box, all the electrical supply to be connected to this place, all the telephone system, Opennet High Speed Broadband, switcher, router, modem, etc.. This place could also house your server and will require more powerpoints too.

This needs to be planned into part of your M&E works. Useful to have a few conversations with your M&E Engineer and with owners who have designed their intelligent and Green homes to give you some ideas, when designing your house.

Thank you for your inputs. $5400 is the price Sing Power charges for 3 phase 60Am. If it is 100Am the price goes up to $9k plus hence I am questioning myself if I need 60Am or 100Am. I do not want to overprovide and end up spending unnecessarily. Any advice where I can look for help to calculate accurately my power requirements?

Secondly, can you kindly elaborate why we need a separate DB for each floor? Presently we have planned for 1 DB in the électric room' on the ground floor and it houses all electrical connections. This DB which is catered for 100Am costs $4600. Another reason why I am exploring 60Am because this means the DB will now cost less.