Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bunnymummy

Any Reviews Of Ikea Sofas?

You are right of course. I know of some people who just loves to buy cheap disposable furniture like Ikea so that they can keep changing them. If Ikea were ever to launch an IPO here, I will be among the first to buy them since their gross profit margin is extremely high.

You seem to have a lot of issues with Ikea... but don't need to spill your bitterness into here. I am sure people would like to have some useful feedback on the sofas (not just ikea furniture in general).

Anyway, you pay peanuts, you get monkeys. For the price of Ikea sofas, think cannot expect too much as well.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I ve used their washable cotton cover sofa bed before. Lasted 3 years +-, 2 years not fully utilized, 1 year sat everyday. It tore, the edging there.. so we throw didn't bothered to repair or wat cause its really 'ko ya'..

I personally think there is no reason to argue over or reason over it. Just one sentence to phrase it all, personal preference. Each of us are made differently and of course our thinking as well. Majority think so, doesn't mean all people have the same thinking. That applies the way how we do things as well. Beside, it is their own home, they have the right to do what they liked and wants.

You are right of course. I know of some people who just loves to buy cheap disposable furniture like Ikea so that they can keep changing them. If Ikea were ever to launch an IPO here, I will be among the first to buy them since their gross profit margin is extremely high.

simple reason: Price and hassle free.

it is cheap, it send to your place and set up nicely for you, after 5 years, its time to change for a newer dsign, buy anothr one, ask the guy to remove the old one for you as well

Have to agree. Their sofas have a guarantee of 5 years. For that price tag, it is good enough if the sofa can last for more. I am using quite a number of IKEA furnitures at the moment as I have 3 small children. So can expect drawings, vomit and stains. Anytime can wash and even if I have to throw it away, no heartpain.

Ok if you are going that route but there are many others who would like to see their furniture last for 10 years and beyond.

I personally think there is no reason to argue over or reason over it. Just one sentence to phrase it all, personal preference. Each of us are made differently and of course our thinking as well. Majority think so, doesn't mean all people have the same thinking. That applies the way how we do things as well. Beside, it is their own home, they have the right to do what they liked and wants.

it is cheap, it send to your place and set up nicely for you, after 5 years, its time to change for a newer dsign, buy anothr one, ask the guy to remove the old one for you as well

Ok if you are going that route but there are many others who would like to see their furniture last for 10 years and beyond.

Cannot imagine you people are recommending Ikea furniture in here. I have a lot of serious issues with their furniture :bangwall: How come people are so forgiving about the quality and standard of Ikea furniture and yet so highly critical and demanding of other furniture retailers :dunno:

i bought ikea

dining table + chairs

sofa

the dining table + chair is heavy and durable. I will recommend anyone to buy.

Sofa - for the price, it is worth it. But the "sponge" tends to get soft quite easily. Other than that, covers can easily replacements. I will also recommend. :)

seriously i never have any problem with ikea products at all. most of the furnitures can last 5 years at least, and usually 10 years. wondering whats the fuss with it, especially, will u know design get old easily so its good to keep changing. no point keeping a tv cabinet thats 30 years old and everyone feel its odd looking, old fashion and taking up space

Agreed. For the price, if it can last 5 years that should be good enough. After all, you may have more budget or even move house by then. It would be nice to upgrade the sofa in that time frame anyway.

seriously i never have any problem with ikea products at all. most of the furnitures can last 5 years at least, and usually 10 years. wondering whats the fuss with it, especially, will u know design get old easily so its good to keep changing. no point keeping a tv cabinet thats 30 years old and everyone feel its odd looking, old fashion and taking up space

I am also looking at Ikea sofa as well,

the designs look quite nice, and the good thing about them is that their covers can be changed and washed.

I am eying the Kivik series which is <1000 (as compared to similar design from another branded store that costs approx. 3000).

I heard that ikea furnitures have lots of problems with their quality - esp. tables and shelves. But I read up from forums (mostly overseas), sofas are quite exceptional because they can last for years.

I am not sure about Singapore tho.

Then again, I also wonder if I were to buy more expensive sofas whether they will last as long as well - especially leather - which I certainly won't have time to maintain it.

Hi all, I am new to this forum. :)

Doing up my new place and looking for a comfortable and reasonably priced L-shaped fabric sofa. I am expecting this year so I was thinking of getting a IKEA sofa with removable and washable cotton slipcover (thinking of the KIVIK range!). So in case of any dirt or stains I can just machine wash it. :)

Would like to know if anyone has any positive or negative feedback on IKEA sofas? Although it is cheap, I am worried that it will sag or spoil after a few years of use.

Hope to hear from you guys. :D Thanks!