Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mabaricows

Mabari House

Saw some bad things happen today, metals in the kitchen showed signs of rust. Had to autosol everything, even the built-in oven. Some irreversible damage was caused to the washing machine chrome plating.

A lesson for everyone, don't trust house cleaners. Be there when they are doing the cleaning or they will happily splash corrosive fluids everywhere and claim it wasn't them. If I went over a few days late, my dish rack, washing machine, built in oven, all exposed stainless steel pipes would have been rusted beyond hope.

Kitchen wall tiles are porous and have likely absorbed quite some of those acidic/corrosive cleaning agents. Won't be surprised it they slowly vaporize over the days and cause more damage to the stainless steel pipes. :bangwall:

What to do?

Some pictures la..

Remnants of cleaning agent on the walls, its totally not water.. check out the colour..

2011-07-01_17-37-08_218-Copy.jpg

2011-07-01_16-54-59_305-Copy.jpg

Pipes which started to rust,

2011-07-01_17-04-36_79-Copy.jpg

Wiped off with autosol..

2011-07-01_17-23-58_832-Copy.jpg

Cleaned pipe..

2011-07-01_17-30-25_579-Copy.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Some pictures of the chrome plating on the washing machine which has already been eaten away.

Irreversible damage, haven't even used it once. Heart pain man.

2011-07-01_17-53-26_523.jpg

2011-07-01_17-53-43_666.jpg

2011-07-01_17-53-54_592.jpg

These are all on the front loader's swing door, maybe I really should spray paint it black. *#&@!

Some close up pics of the tiles in different areas..

Good if you want to see the texture and feel of them..

Living room

2011-07-01_15-16-04_616.jpg

Smooth and polished flush with the grout, feels like 1 huge piece of marble, we like the natural stone feel..

MBR

2011-07-01_15-14-03_517.jpg

This is another one of our weird selections, now we have a headache, there are remnants of grout/cement on the uneven surface of the tiles but this tile can't take acid washing. D@mn. Gotta find a way to clean it..

2 other bedrooms

2011-07-01_15-15-38_943.jpg

Slightly textured, find it quite nice actually. Somewhat classy and understated.

Kitchen walls

2011-07-01_15-21-44_745.jpg

Textured and rough, very nice.

However, we have found out that cleaning can be a real hassle. You can't use normal cloth to wipe it, the fabric will get caught on the rough and abrasive surface..

Kitchen feature wall

2011-07-01_15-18-17_21.jpg

We like this quite some even though it looks pretty normal. Its a natural stone tile from Italy and it darkens and gleams when its wet.

Kitchen floor/bathroom floor

2011-07-01_15-20-42_433.jpg

Simple rough flooring, will help to prevent slips. The one in the common bathroom is grey instead of black.

Bathroom wall

2011-07-01_15-23-12_894.jpg

We didn't really like this choice in the beginning but its slowly growing on us.

Its glossy but yet a little textured, easy to clean.

Oh, another bad thing that happened today.

Found a chip in the living room floor, still don't know who the culprit was. Sad.

2011-07-01_14-46-36_675.jpg

We'll either use some marble gum on it or replace the whole tile.

Replacing will be very troublesome and the end result likely won't be optimal either. Either way, it sucks.

Cr@p happens. :(

Which all adds up to this..

A huge mess of different greens and browns.

2011-07-01_15-11-04_19.jpg

2011-07-01_15-11-54_604.jpg

2011-07-01_15-11-37_676.jpg

2011-07-01_15-16-04_616.jpg

We like it quite a bit but most friends and family who have come to see it don't really like it. Pity.

The name of this green marble tile is actually Forest Green (India) and we see a lot of forest in them, the green of leaves, the brown of trees, the veins which remind us of treebark..

We do hope that our wooden furniture will meld nicely with this floor. Will only find out when the furniture arrives..

Sigh...another inconsiderate accident happen! How could they b so careless in acid wash? I also heart pain...

Yr tiles r really v v special leh but I old old might get heart attack! Y stay so faraway? Feel like hopping by to see such exotic taste :dribble:

hi, can check how much was ur grohe rainshower set?

Posted in page 1.

The Grohe Rainshower is from the BauLoop series, got it together with a BauCurve mixer for 590 at Royal Fanco. Quite a decent price. :yamseng:

Also got this LG 7kg front load direct drive washing machine since we were there and it was on offer.

front-loading-washing-machine-177955.jpg

Hey, you know what? We went to the Gain City Expo Sales, saw this on offer and got it as well! :)

Although we were looking at the equivalent Electrolux model which is $200 more expensive, hubby likes the Direct Drive motor for the LG washing machines. Reviews online for the Direct Drive motors are also pretty decent.

Edited by strikingreality

Sigh...another inconsiderate accident happen! How could they b so careless in acid wash? I also heart pain...

Yr tiles r really v v special leh but I old old might get heart attack! Y stay so faraway? Feel like hopping by to see such exotic taste :dribble:

Sighs, the other day quite heart pain and unhappy, today feel better le, can talk about it somemore..

Wifey said this, no matter what, sub cons are meant to be monitored and managed by the main con, if any screw up, its the main con's responsibility. However I believe we all know its impossible to keeping a watchful eye on everyone at every single moment. I can't even make sure my cat doesn't puke where she shouldn't. Haha.

With that said, I am resigned to the fact that sh!t happens.

Told main con that we do not want those cleaners coming by again, that we will do all remaining cleaning ourselves. He then arranged for other cleaners to come down and do another round of cleaning with just water. This is at his own extra cost which we didn't ask for lor. Hai..

Anyways, yeah, Sengkang is *** **** far away from Jurong.. Haha.. Nevermind, I'll post updates for you to see here.. :P

wow yr LR tiles very unique..

You can call it unique.. or you can call it weird.. lol.. Hua hee dio hoh! :sport-smiley-004:

Hey, you know what? We went to the Gain City Expo Sales, saw this on offer and got it as well! :)

Although we were looking at the equivalent Electrolux model which is $200 more expensive, hubby likes the Direct Drive motor for the LG washing machines. Reviews online for the Direct Drive motors are also pretty decent.

Is it much cheaper now? Hahaa.. Things always end up cheaper, thats why shouldn't buy early.. Hehe.. Bought it at 699 in May..

This washer seems to have decent reviews la, should be not bad at all. Do be careful with the chrome plated swing door though, it might tarnish if you leave acid or strong stuff on it.. :unsure:

gosh, sorry to hear about the damage due to the acid wash.

hope things will all be great from now onwards.

my mister and i bought an LG washer too. direct drive really seem attractive to us!

your tiles are really special. i'll never have the courage to do so.

my place is boring black, white and grey. - BOOOOOO -

like you said, as long as you guys are happy that's the most important.

WAAAAAA, i stay Jurong. does it mean i can drop by?! :sport-smiley-004: heeeee

when is your estimated handover date?

gosh, sorry to hear about the damage due to the acid wash.

hope things will all be great from now onwards.

my mister and i bought an LG washer too. direct drive really seem attractive to us!

your tiles are really special. i'll never have the courage to do so.

my place is boring black, white and grey. - BOOOOOO -

like you said, as long as you guys are happy that's the most important.

WAAAAAA, i stay Jurong. does it mean i can drop by?! :sport-smiley-004: heeeee

when is your estimated handover date?

Hahaa.. Everyone seems to be buying this kind of washing machine.. LG making good profit.. Haha..

Eh, you stay opposite the road only right? I think we stick our heads out of the living room window we can wave at each other.. lol..

Can la, after reno done can pop by to see see if you want, should only be done in 2 weeks or so..