Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
DKWM

Tv Selection

I am actually waiting for the 1 Sept 2011 fairs, hope to get a 40" 3D LED TV with internet function, either samsung or sony... But I think sony quite hard as it normally dont go down in price...

Prefer sony more than samsung as samsung tv is more colourful, sony is more natural.

Me waiting too....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi bro simon,

I think that the technology changed too fast in Television and so I think warranty is not a plus pt. Unless they sell the Sony brand tv at good price comparable.

Regards

Desmond

Hi bro simon,

I think that the technology changed too fast in Television and so I think warranty is not a plus pt. Unless they sell the Sony brand tv at good price comparable.

Regards

Desmond

for price u need to call and check....but imo most of these small shops the pricing shld be cheaper than the big retailers.

I've been comparing and purchasing furnishings for my house recently over these 2 mths. I find that for those expos and electronic fairs, the tv models which they are clearing will be cheaper than GAB or everjoint.

However, if you are interested to purchase fridges, ovens, washing machines or hood & hobs, the neighbourhood shops will be able to quote you a cheaper price.

Another experience of mine is that during those hourly specials, if you missed it, just walk to any of the salesmen and tell him you are interested in the same deal. I tried on 2 separate occasions and the "special deals" were available.

Btw, is the Panasonic VT30 out? I heard LG has good 3D but not as good 2D. referring to the 200mhz model

Btw, is the Panasonic VT30 out? I heard LG has good 3D but not as good 2D. referring to the 200mhz model

Yes VT30 is out. Comes in 42", 50" and 65" if i am not wrong. According to sales staff at Best, only 50' and 65" are made in Japan.

Yes VT30 is out. Comes in 42", 50" and 65" if i am not wrong. According to sales staff at Best, only 50' and 65" are made in Japan.

Any idea what's the price?

For 3D TVs, get LG model 6500 with 200mhz. You wont regret. Will be getting that soon or wait till September's IT/PC show.

I purchased it over the weekend at Mega- United square. for 47 inches BEST Denkei offered $2900 plus, Mega selling $2540.Comes with the usual staffs plus 4 3D glasses, wall mount.

i saw the 42" at around $2499 and the 50" at $4499.

Wow.. that's ex... Think get VT20 50" at 2499+ more worth it.

Wa, so much info on LCD/LED TV. Was lucky cos my friend who is a contractor has been in the A/V industry for a while decided to extend his kind assistance in heling me shortlist the AV items. Finally my turn to decide on the new gadget for my new flat. Make some comparison and in terms of aesthetic... i think the samsung one looks really cool..... but in terms of technical specifications...... decided on a 52" philips full HD LED(full array) c/w ambilight after much price/spec comparison......afterall they used full array LED backlit instead of the side ones from samsung and other brands.... i think only sharp has the full array LED ones....true freq 100Hz is pretty important to me too..... this one goes to my living room..... For masterbedroom, confirm the LG model for the MBR...... As far as 3D is concerned.... I think the technology is still not up to standard so shall skip it for now....just go the full HD LED models which runs on true 100Hz or 120Hz........ going to make the house more environmental friendly so power consumption is also another consideration for me.....next looking into home automation, digital locking system, surround audio to provide an evenly distributed sound like lounge music for the entire living and dining area

Wa, so much info on LCD/LED TV. Was lucky cos my friend who is a contractor has been in the A/V industry for a while decided to extend his kind assistance in heling me shortlist the AV items. Finally my turn to decide on the new gadget for my new flat. Make some comparison and in terms of aesthetic... i think the samsung one looks really cool..... but in terms of technical specifications...... decided on a 52" philips full HD LED(full array) c/w ambilight after much price/spec comparison......afterall they used full array LED backlit instead of the side ones from samsung and other brands.... i think only sharp has the full array LED ones....true freq 100Hz is pretty important to me too..... this one goes to my living room..... For masterbedroom, confirm the LG model for the MBR...... As far as 3D is concerned.... I think the technology is still not up to standard so shall skip it for now....just go the full HD LED models which runs on true 100Hz or 120Hz........ going to make the house more environmental friendly so power consumption is also another consideration for me.....next looking into home automation, digital locking system, surround audio to provide an evenly distributed sound like lounge music for the entire living and dining area

Good luck in finding other stuff...

any chance there will be good promotions going on in the upcoming comex?

maybe got good deals? or should just go the normal shops to buy a tv?

Go Best Denki and get the Panasonic VT20. Highly recommended. Selling at $2399 for 50" plasma comes with $100 NTUC voucher, HDMI cable, 3 blurays, extended warranty. Grabbed it before no stock.