Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
DKWM

Tv Selection

maybe the foc hdmi they charge u hidden cost $100?

thought of that but during the 'auction', hdmi cable was supposed to be 'foc' lor! so when the kick off price starts, shouldn't it be as advertised '$499' or if otherwise, '$599 but with hdmi cable thrown in'?

anyway its ok la! bought other stuffs as well & my wife thought all come out pretty ok (price wise) so me don't bother to write in my complaints la! :rolleyes:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I am going to buy my TV at the mid / end of aug 2011 as all my friends told me to buy TV as late as possible cos the price change very fast...

But due to my wife char, I have already bought every other thing that we need in the house... etc. utensil, mattress cover, quilt and alot more... so kia su...

Lucky she dont come in here :P

I am going to buy my TV at the mid / end of aug 2011 as all my friends told me to buy TV as late as possible cos the price change very fast...

But due to my wife char, I have already bought every other thing that we need in the house... etc. utensil, mattress cover, quilt and alot more... so kia su...

ya tv prices drop every qtr....haiz

46" suggested by sony installer is sit 2.5m away

52" maybe need to sit 3.5m away

Thks. The distance at my house is ard 3m. So pondering whether to get 46" or 52".

whahaha.. :D

Edited by stardust205

Thks. So i may buy 52" now.... haha

u can go to best denki...they hv markings...measure the distance for your living room and compare....if u can accept it, then of course it's nice to hv a big screen.

u think we can organize a group buy somewhere? I'm looking for the following

Samsung or LG or Sony LED 32" (no need 3D) x 4units

Samsung or LG or Sony LCD 32" (LED if the price is similar but i think fat hope, anyway these are for my spare guest rooms hardly will on) x 2units

Samsung or LG or Sony LED 46" (don't need 3D) x 1unit

Prefer to standardize all the TV in my house to 1brand (so idiot proof and can swap remote controls)

Went to court, harvey norman but they say for 32" i must install myself if not $50 each for installation...siao loh. Buy so many still must install myself, not worth to break my manicure just to install. Bought 1 32" Samsung LED from Kallang Mega but must do self delivery and installation (3months ago) and i broke my nail (waste $50 to repair my nail)

Seem like not much ppl able to comment on TV ...

Still very confused.

I'm currently also look into review on choosing the right TV and come across some comment that Plasma is actually better in term of picture quality compare to LCD/LED. Hope somebody can advice on it.

Below is some funny review on the Plasma Vs LCD/LED that i come across to share:-

If buying TV is like choosing a wife, this would be the scenario.

LED are like an expensive movie star with expensive make up. Upon first look, everybody will be dazzled by her sharp vivid color and you must have her. Very expensive to marry. After living with her for a while, find the dazzle while great for daytime viewing, it is too irritating for night time viewing. While her make up does give vivid color but after a while you realize it is not natural looking. More like Elizabeth Taylor with make up.

Plasma are plain looking lady. No make up. No dazzle. Cheap to marry. After you have lived with her for sometime, you start to realize because she has no make up, her skin tone are natural like a 18 years old girl. So easy on the eyes.

So there you have it. Unless you actually spend enough time studying both TV in the showroom, the majority will go for the expensive movie stars with her dazzling look.

if i didnt remember wrongly...i read that plasma is definitely the best for picture quality..no response time..no refresh rate...superb quality.

but i think more electricity consuming & got lifespan...

however, the electrical consumption is quite neglible lah...nothing compared to your oven & air con...

I'm currently also look into review on choosing the right TV and come across some comment that Plasma is actually better in term of picture quality compare to LCD/LED. Hope somebody can advice on it.

Below is some funny review on the Plasma Vs LCD/LED that i come across to share:-

If buying TV is like choosing a wife, this would be the scenario.

LED are like an expensive movie star with expensive make up. Upon first look, everybody will be dazzled by her sharp vivid color and you must have her. Very expensive to marry. After living with her for a while, find the dazzle while great for daytime viewing, it is too irritating for night time viewing. While her make up does give vivid color but after a while you realize it is not natural looking. More like Elizabeth Taylor with make up.

Plasma are plain looking lady. No make up. No dazzle. Cheap to marry. After you have lived with her for sometime, you start to realize because she has no make up, her skin tone are natural like a 18 years old girl. So easy on the eyes.

So there you have it. Unless you actually spend enough time studying both TV in the showroom, the majority will go for the expensive movie stars with her dazzling look.

I think the description does make sense. LCD and LED tvs used to have poor quality in producing black color (it look more like very dark grey) and blur images for fast motion scenes or objects. Over the last 2-3 years, the LED and LCD tvs have vast improvement. Black has got a darker tone, fast moving objects on the screen looks clearer, picture sharp as ever. Vivid colors and screen brightness, IMHO too bright to view at night unless you fully lite up ur room. Bright as movie star. Some people comment that these screens produces images that look digitised, ie too much make up.... or maybe plastic surgery. :sport-smiley-004:

There are good things about these tvs too. Recent models have tremendous improvement in image natural looking quality. Relatively thinner, they look movie star sleek in your living room or tv room, whatever. If you can remember twenty years ago, you would not believe that we have can a tv this flat in our living today. Comparing to plasma, they have more economical energy consumption, but how long do you on your tv a day? this is pretty subjective to individual. One more thing better about LED abd LCD Tv, they tend to be a cooler machine(pun intended), in terms of working temperature. Walk around courts, Harvey Norman or Best Denki, you will realise that the thicker plasmas produces more heat than their counterparts.

Well so much said about the TVS, you might be thinking that I am a LED/LCD supporter. On the contrary, I am a plasma owner. Owning one 5 years old 42" now, and waiting for my 58" in my new place.........can't wait..... I simply love big TVs..... :dancingqueen:

Sorry Sorry got carried away. I prefer the very natural colour reproduction from plasma tv, images that dun look too digitised. Willing to accept the shortcomings of it being thicker and warmer than LED/LCDs. Higher energy consumption is overlooked on purpose due my unwillingness to forgo the natural image feel plasma can give.

Sorry for being too long winded. I have a hard time deciding what to get too. We are spoilt for choices in Singapore. Go with your heart and eyes, just bear in mind that no matter LED, LCD or plasma, our home is usually not as bright as the selling floor of the electronic big boys shop. Try asking to demo to tone down the brightness to see the difference. Take your time to make a choice, no one can force you to buy something you dun like, it is your hard earn money afterall :yamseng: