Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tuasbird

Gain City Expo Purchases

come this fri, 8 July'11 the Deliveries, i may then be able to relate my purchases fm last wkends' expo sales 1-3 July'11.

my concern is the delivery part, since its kinda 'heng' or 'sway' for the 'right' delivery fellows to come 'present' our purchases! :sport-smiley-018:

now me is the chin-chye type...or at least being an uncle

helps with this kinda attitude in that i can't be too bothered with small hiccups. BUT should all small issues merged up or rather cropped up to become Big ones, there my long fuse would tripped & execute BIG Blow! so far fm my reno to my sourcings (& thereby purchases) of lightings, furnishings, accessories, etcssss....smooth! maybe Heaven thinketh i suffered enough since young & taketh pity on me by getting most operations gg but....hey, gain city's items

yet to come so me cannot so ya-ya yet lor :P

:seeya:

Edited by tuasbird

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

glad that all stuffs came on fine! 2 delivery guys came, one singaporean 'Leader' while the other a chinese national.

friendly & efficient! takes gd + special care esp when carrying Heavy washer & fridge pass my living room into the service yard and kitchen respectively.

purchased:

1) 40" lcd toshiba

Leader Daniel was very professional & customer-orientated. he IS very good in his job (ie. mounting the tv up onto the wall) & does numerous checks with me patiently, to ensure the positioning is to my best viewing angle before fixing up the heavy item. offers good suggestion & after mounting is done, i thought he did Superbly Well - straight straight, centralised & all...GREAT JOB!!! :good::good::good:

seldom glued to tv but if i watch, a big screen of min 40" is desired though was hoping more for a 46" :dribble: nvm, next round lor

2) phillips soundbar (old version model 6xxx something kinda)

yup, knew ain't in the 'right era' but we agreed to get a 'home theatre system' just to play barney & spongebox for the kids & for me - FM stereo can liao lor :D

so criteria is to be able to play dvd, vcd & FM, not expensive & able to accompany our old-fashioned LCD tv :P

oh one more thing...the sub-woofer is like a b-l-o-o-d-y big black pail for slaughtering chickens or else it does resemble some kinda of donation box :bleah:

3) LG fridge CLC402

seems bit too small when hibernate into the 'cave' amongst my kitchen cabinet. can accomodate a bike i think :notti:

but home affairs minister wife said ok so :rolleyes: can la

4) LG washer + dryer 7kg/4kg

intended to get samsung wd8804cja but the stubborn price jus doesn't drop! in the end saw this at 799 so jus on la :sport-smiley-018: (good or not...hopefully dun see me post bout this washer again or it's likely to be no good)

5) 2 bronze standing fan

6) 1 panasonic rice cooker

7) 1 toyomi electric (flask) kettle

8) tefal iron - 'out of stock'

GC called a day prior to delivery that stock boh liao. couldn't give explanation as to our ques: why was there one mountain load of stock at expo sales but comes to delivery, no more? ... but in the end we jus smile & is appreciative to this customer service lady that she is responsible & bold enough to inform us early :thumbs up:

total damages -2.88k round off

Edited by tuasbird

good deals!

oh thank you...! :sport-smiley-004:

(when i first joined here weeks ago, i did browse thru pics of renovated homes & one of the Best Designed i feel is the one which comes without skirtings all round the hse...couldn't recall whose home is it till i clicked on your sig jus now!!! nice nice nice :good: )

Edited by tuasbird

OMG!! I love shopping!!!! And spending money!!! Bet you had a great time hahahahaha :yamseng:

hahaha...! spending on necessaries, ok la...once in a 'purple' moon :rolleyes:

i actually chanced upon Courts' sales back in Jurong Point few weeks (late may or june week one) back selling @ the following unbelievable prices:

1) samsung wd8804 cja washer+dryer $799

2) Lg fridge 402clc $499

thought of getting em during then but thought i'll have em when nearer to date of reno completion.

gd that GC sales came by & though item '2' more ex than during that Courts' sales, still ok la (esp since i heard fm relatives some 'rumours' bout their 'on sales' items) :sport-smiley-018:

hahaha...! spending on necessaries, ok la...once in a 'purple' moon :rolleyes:

i actually chanced upon Courts' sales back in Jurong Point few weeks (late may or june week one) back selling @ the following unbelievable prices:

1) samsung wd8804 cja washer+dryer $799

2) Lg fridge 402clc $499

thought of getting em during then but thought i'll have em when nearer to date of reno completion.

gd that GC sales came by & though item '2' more ex than during that Courts' sales, still ok la (esp since i heard fm relatives some 'rumours' bout their 'on sales' items) :sport-smiley-018:

So good, got inside news some more!!! envious!!! I got my electronics from Everjoint, cheaper prices overall, but i believe there are even cheaper prices elsewhere hahaha just too lazy to go scout around... today I went to Courts and saw some nice paintings .. was like buy or not buy.. buy or not buy.. in the end.. my mom said dont buy :unsure: I told her ahh okie (but i will buy when i m alone on my next trip) hahahahahha

So good, got inside news some more!!! envious!!! I got my electronics from Everjoint, cheaper prices overall, but i believe there are even cheaper prices elsewhere hahaha just too lazy to go scout around... today I went to Courts and saw some nice paintings .. was like buy or not buy.. buy or not buy.. in the end.. my mom said dont buy :unsure: I told her ahh okie (but i will buy when i m alone on my next trip) hahahahahha

'...too lazy to go scout around...' well my sentiments exactly! mean it really can be tiring + there are time factor to consider zz so even some items come slightly more ex than elsewhere, i would still take it to save up on time & hassles (but of cos prices cannot be too far off lor)

wa smart...doing the 'detour' round your mummy's presence? ok la, so long you like it go ahead w the work :paint:

'...too lazy to go scout around...' well my sentiments exactly! mean it really can be tiring + there are time factor to consider zz so even some items come slightly more ex than elsewhere, i would still take it to save up on time & hassles (but of cos prices cannot be too far off lor)

wa smart...doing the 'detour' round your mummy's presence? ok la, so long you like it go ahead w the work :paint:

Hehehehehe

4) LG washer + dryer 7kg/4kg

intended to get samsung wd8804cja but the stubborn price jus doesn't drop! in the end saw this at 799 so jus on la :sport-smiley-018: (good or not...hopefully dun see me post bout this washer again or it's likely to be no good)

Hi,

thinking to get the LG washer cum dryer as well.

Can provide the comments after using it?

Tks

Hi,

thinking to get the LG washer cum dryer as well.

Can provide the comments after using it?

Tks

yet to shift into my new place but would be testing it out at least once sometimes this week :seeya:

yet to shift into my new place but would be testing it out at least once sometimes this week :seeya:

ok ok...

waiting for your update about this washer cum dryer...

thanks ya

ok ok...

thanks ya

hi, im using this LG washer dryer combi. Bought at Mega Novena Branch. About the same price u got back in Jan. So far so good... no problems so far. The dryer can only take half load. I guess the higher the load intake the more electricity it will use also. Samsung one was slightly more expensive cos they have freebies so cant reduce price. I think Mega offers all year low price for fridge and washer.

I think Mega offers all year low price for fridge and washer.

hi mafacifa!

my sis & my buddy are getting their keys in bout 2 months' time, respectively. this would be GREAT info!!! :dancingqueen:

ok ok...

thanks ya

Hi lemontee!

Sori for d late response, been v occupied w those shiftings :)

Cut ribbon & started my LG washer dryer 4 days back...it's fine!

Works pretty well as my previous sumsung brand BUT only much more quieter, less vigorous while spin-drying or tumble drying & the poly musical tone much pleasing to my ears!

Then again it's brand new & majority of brand new items works well! However if this can surpass the 3rd year, I think my $799 buy for this v worthy liao :)