Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
garywu

Reflective Film For Fengshui.

Hi,

I was told by my FSM to install REFlective film in all my bedroom. But HDB like dun approved reflective film leh.. How??

Anyone got do before??

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi,

I was told by my FSM to install REFlective film in all my bedroom. But HDB like dun approved reflective film leh.. How??

Anyone got do before??

Care to tell us WHO's yr FSM? Not only he is outdated from HDB rule, and allow me to be blunt, such recommendation is at the expense of others but at comfort of user.

http://www.todayonline.com/Voices/EDC110514-0000276/Are-reflective-window-films-really-a-nuisance

The reflective material(abt 70% reflection) acts like a mirror, causes discomfort to neighbours.

Can either install non-reflective solar film, curtain, temperature-sensitive film, etc etc.

Never ever put "mirror" at windows, invite only "human disasters" whether intentionally or not, better believe me.

Hi,

Anyone got do before??

Hi Garywu,

reflective films is used to "reflect" any bad landscape facing your building.

Exactly what it is being used for in your case, u might want to ask ur FSM again to confirm.

However, such reflection are not recommended especially we are living in HDB where we are surrounded by our neighbours.

Imagine what will happen if ur neighbours decides to install more reflective films to 'reflect' u back.

If its really for bad landscape (形煞), consider other options like a thicker curtain or a blind.

It will work as well.

Hope this helps.

Hi Gary, reflective glass is everywhere....many buildings also have glass reflective or units using such films. If you not sure HDB approve, better check with them first. Hehe....usually the ks officers will straightaway say no....so better walk around some hdbs and give them some examplezzzzz. Now with our hardworking Mr Khaw took over, hdb rules should be more relax liaozzz....or the strict? :dunno:

Hi,

Anyone got do before??

Hi,

unfortunately once you stay in a HDB or condo unit, that's nothing much one could do to improve the FS.

You cant change the location of you main door. The main door is the key to better FS.

All those little things that you do such as reflective film is not going to give you any incremental effect on your wealth, if this is what you are seeking. A responsible FSM should at least explain to you the rationale for doing so and not just tell you to follow instructions. What is the purpose of putting something to reflect everything else in the bedroom ? To create some kind of illusion?

Sometimes all these unexplained imposed procedures end up causing undue stress on the husband and wife who may end up quarrelling over clash in colours, sleeping direction and difficulty in sourcing for FS cures and enhancement.

Doesn't all this defeat the purpose of FS which is to live in harmony with and harness positive energy from the environment ?

Cheers my friend

If you install the reflective stickers all over ur bedroom windows & leave those windows opened, wouldn't it be a waste of $$ when those reflective films aren't serving their purposes?

And like what jialuck has indicated, I agree that there is very little flat / condo owners could do since we folks cannot change the flat structure or other stuff like main door's entrance.

I do share common sentiments with the contributors here on this thread that u are jeopardising your relationship with your neighbours unless your bedroom is not overseeing any other flats of almost immediate proximity. Having trouble with your neighbours can prove to be daunting if they are the nasty sort.

It is also very unethical to apply fengshui such that it causes others' discomfort. According to my taiwanese geomencer, doing so would inflict bad karma on the master & the client becox what goes around comes around eventually.

Moreover, I never found those window films agreeable becox when they start aging after baking under the hot sun, it'll create a mess over your windows. And they aren't cheap.

Oh dear, so my dad having the Guan Gong altar facing my neighbour will have bad karma? My friend has a bagua mirror facing his neighbour door, so he and his master will have bad karma? Don't understand, many developers have mirror shining reflective buildings and all of them and their masters have bad karma? My colleague read from Lilian Too books and place Qi Lin on his table facing another colleague, so like this he and Lilian Too will also have bad Karma?

Oh dear, so my dad having the Guan Gong altar facing my neighbour will have bad karma? My friend has a bagua mirror facing his neighbour door, so he and his master will have bad karma? Don't understand, many developers have mirror shining reflective buildings and all of them and their masters have bad karma? My colleague read from Lilian Too books and place Qi Lin on his table facing another colleague, so like this he and Lilian Too will also have bad Karma?

Chinese saying:" One kind of rice feeds hundred types of ppls". All these will invite "human disasters". Cause & effect.

At comfort of oneself but expense of others....How would YOU react when you see ppl around u spending at yr expenses, and they themself live comfortably?

Sow a thought, reap an action;

sow an action, reap a habit;

sow a habit, reap a character;

sow a character, reap a destiny.

Thought and destiny are related.

Edited by bepgof

Chinese saying:" One kind of rice feeds hundred types of ppls". All these will invite "human disasters". Cause & effect.

At comfort of oneself but expense of others....How would YOU react when you see ppl around u spending at yr expenses, and they themself live comfortably?

Sow a thought, reap an action;

sow an action, reap a habit;

sow a habit, reap a character;

sow a character, reap a destiny.

Thought and destiny are related.

Sounds familiar, good food for thought in the morning.