Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Renmapiao

The Story Of A Home - Our Em @ Woodlands

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Thx for sharing on Picasa - the photo editing sofware to create montage. Looks nice and quite user-friendly.

Your demolition progress looks good. It's a good feeling to see this, right?

It's very simple and the effect is good.

Yup - good feeling - because renovation works has finally started but there's anxiety at the same time. There are many uncertainties and things we didn't plan to do or change need to be changed. Sigh ...

Thx for sharing on Picasa - the photo editing sofware to create montage. Looks nice and quite user-friendly.

Your demolition progress looks good. It's a good feeling to see this, right?

It has been seven (working) days since renovation works have started and here's the progress so far. The wall near the kitchen entrance has been extended. Tiling for the 2nd level toilets have started and the wall between the kitchen and the study has been erected but ...

2011-10-012.jpg

2011-10-011.jpg

I had miscalculated. After the L-shaped wall has been erected, I found the study area too cramped. The reduced study was supposedly for my workstation as well as the game station. Now I had to ask the contractor to trim the shorter side of the wall by 30 cm at least. bangwall.gif

2011-10-01.jpg

Edited by Renmapiao

They say "if you don't take care of your customer, someone else will."

Today me and my better half went to Jalan Besar to look for toilet bowls and basins. Our contractor mentioned a few shops. We went to a few but didn't see anything we fancy. Landed in one shop was attended by a lady. We liked the basins so indicated to her to record the model so our contractor can buy on our behalf. We then asked her about the toilet bowls. As we were really naive about toilet bowls, we asked some questions which perhaps to her were mundane but important to us. We weren't really sure what size to choose, what colours were available ... From the way she replied, we can tell she wasn't really up to serving us. What we got were mono-syllabic answers accentuated with the "can we get this over and done with" expression. We decided not to order the toilet bowls from the shop.

We then stepped into the shop next door. By now we were convinced most of the shops there just want to sell stuff but not entertain credulous customers like us but a pleasant surprise greeted us. The salesperson was friendly and what really mattered was his sincerity in explaining the products. Through his detailed explanation, we were able to decide what's best for our toilets. We end up not only buying three toilet bowls but two basins and a host of other bathroom essentials (everything amounted close to $1.4K).

We will tell our contractor not to buy from the shop with the poor attitude in service.

We would like to thank Mr Benny - for a pleasant buying experience.

2011-10-013.jpg

Photos excerpted from http://grlink.blogspot.com/

2011-10-041.jpg

The aircon guys came today to fix the trunking. Ugly trunkings jutted out but these are necessary evils - I think. We were disappointed because we can’t place the compressor outside our bedroom, which would have made the air circulation for the compressor much better.