Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Renmapiao

The Story Of A Home - Our Em @ Woodlands

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Terence,

I bought my bowls and basins from this place:

http://grlink.blogspot.com/

The boss is Benny. The bath essential shops at Jalan Besar usually cater for contractors so their prices are reasonable and very competitive. There are a few bath essential shops there for you to compare the prices - but for me, it's more of the service.

Have fun with your new house.

wow nice blueprint :)

Im interested in getting W.C n wash basin too ..can you share where is this place?

tks

Thanks Kobelala for dropping by. We made the study smaller so that we can have a bigger kitchen area for breakfast counter.

Hey Bro, can see that the reno progress is good... :yamseng: nice study area !

Thanks Potatoes - so far slow good. The next two weeks will be jam packed - the electrician, the plaster guys, carpenter and finally the painters and aircon guys - all working and at a point or two overlap each other. Deadline is 21 October (keeping fingers crossed)

Nice Reno so far bro. Things are shaping up :) great!

Yay! By today the 1st level flooring is all done-up. Will post some pics for you guys sport-smiley-004.gif

Cool, nice progress there you have, bro!

Looking forward to see the transformation!

All the lighting came today and CityGas had re-installed the piping for the gas

2011-10-122.jpg

Wow.... You are installing ceilingfan for every room? I actually also wanted to install Ceiling fans for all rooms, but my teenage kids prefer stand fan. So I only install for MBR and living area. Remapiao, your reno is progressing well. :yamseng:

I don't quite like standing fan because it takes up space and wall fan because the wiring can be seen. Hopefully the ceiling fan will last. Progress is good - but it's quite a challenge at times. Because I did not engage an ID - I have to do all the coordination myself - and I hate it when the schedule goes haywire like yesterday. The CityGas people supposed to come between 3-5 pm but they were already there at 1.15 pm so I had to drive like crazy from work. And yesterday all three groups were there at the same time, the tilers, the electricians and the gas men. Can you imagine how chaotic the place was?

Wow.... You are installing ceilingfan for every room? I actually also wanted to install Ceiling fans for all rooms, but my teenage kids prefer stand fan. So I only install for MBR and living area. Remapiao, your reno is progressing well. :yamseng:

Splashback_colours.jpg

Glass splashbacks!

The use of coloured glass splashbacks has increased dramatically over the past few years. What started out as an alternative to a few courses of tiles behind a vanity or sink has grown to become a new way of designing, building and decorating specific areas of your home for example in the kitchen. We intend to use this for our kitchen but there are concerns like will it stand heat, or over the years, will oil seep in?

Will the glass backsplash not able to withstand heat? Have you cleared your concern? I also want to have hte glass backsplash and I am amazed that they have so many colors available. Did you go to the direct supplier or thru your ID/contractor? Would you be able to share the contact? Thank you.