Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Renmapiao

The Story Of A Home - Our Em @ Woodlands

“A house is made with walls and beams. A home is made with love and dreams.”

Finally we found a house which has almost everything we wanted - but with a price to pay.

What we liked about the house:

1. Big floor area: 1550 sqft / 144.00 sqm (built-in)
  2. Good layout
  3. Close to amenities: MRT, shopping centre
  4. Clean and quiet surrounding
  5. Corner unit

What we don’t (quite) like about the house:

1. Very close to immediate neighbour
  2. Slight afternoon sun for one of the bedroom

Will try to update this as much as possible.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

“A house is made with walls and beams. A home is made with love and dreams.”

Finally we found a house which has almost everything we wanted - but with a price to pay.

What we liked about the house:

1. Big floor area: 1550 sqft / 144.00 sqm (built-in)
  2. Good layout
  3. Close to amenities: MRT, shopping centre
  4. Clean and quiet surrounding
  5. Corner unit

What we don’t (quite) like about the house:

1. Very close to immediate neighbour
  2. Slight afternoon sun for one of the bedroom

Will try to update this as much as possible.

Welcome welcome!! enjoy your process!

Congrats! The condition of the unit looks good! By not doing the staircase, u can easily save about 4k.

heh i love EM renovation threads on renotalk, they are always massive undertakings.

best wishes on your reno journey. remember to breathe! :)

Hi Renmapiao! Your original unit looks very well taken care of by the previous owner! Looking forward to see how you are going to make a mess out of it : )))))))) Pics pics pics ! :sport-smiley-004:

Congrats! The condition of the unit looks good! By not doing the staircase, u can easily save about 4k.

The overall damage is slightly below 34K - but I am sure once we do a full inspection the number will swell - but intend to keep within 40K range - for all the reno works (keeping fingers crossed).

IMG_0393.jpg

Great value package

It surprises me their packages were much lower than some of the ones I received from the so-called "big" design houses - one even came up to $2300!

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email.

For the painting packages, you are entitled to 5 colours of paints, including a Super Maxilite (white) for ceiling. Under Premier packages, you can choose the colours from our Dulux All, Dulux Wash & Wear and Dulux Light & Space.

Feel free to contact us should you need any further assistance.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Warmest Regards,

Fion Teo

Customer Care

Splashback_colours.jpg

Glass splashbacks!

The use of coloured glass splashbacks has increased dramatically over the past few years. What started out as an alternative to a few courses of tiles behind a vanity or sink has grown to become a new way of designing, building and decorating specific areas of your home for example in the kitchen. We intend to use this for our kitchen but there are concerns like will it stand heat, or over the years, will oil seep in?

Your floorplan looks almost exactly like mine, except that the balcony is connected to the kitchen, but mine is to the living room. :)

Painting price can vary a lot. If its with your ID... u can probably negotiate to use more colours because you are already paying a premium. The painter may also do additional trips to your house should there be a need for touchups at a later stage. But if you go direct to some painters, its up to you to manage everything nicely. :)

Have fun with the reno!

Your floorplan looks almost exactly like mine, except that the balcony is connected to the kitchen, but mine is to the living room. :)

Painting price can vary a lot. If its with your ID... u can probably negotiate to use more colours because you are already paying a premium. The painter may also do additional trips to your house should there be a need for touchups at a later stage. But if you go direct to some painters, its up to you to manage everything nicely. :)

Have fun with the reno!

Thanks Soichiro for the tip. I have been following some of the reno works from fellow EM owners - yours inclusive - and I gained lots of tips. Since we are paying so much for the house, it is essential we get the reno works done well. Btw how much did you pay for the Mitsubishi STARMEX System 3 Inverter? May I know what do you mean by 1 big 2 small? Thanks much.

Thanks Soichiro for the tip. I have been following some of the reno works from fellow EM owners - yours inclusive - and I gained lots of tips. Since we are paying so much for the house, it is essential we get the reno works done well. Btw how much did you pay for the Mitsubishi STARMEX System 3 Inverter? May I know what do you mean by 1 big 2 small? Thanks much.

Heyo

$3090 for 12kbtu + 9kbtu X 2. 12kbtu is for the bigger room. You can ask your aircon guys for advice on the required btu to cool your room.

Remember to ask for

- 1/2 inch Armaflex class "1" insulation

- G22 copper pipe

- free 2 trips installation

These are often add-on costs if you go to places like Gain City. So don't believe the advertised prices.. you may end up paying up to $300 more for the above.

And cost of stainless steel tray if you need it. Usually costs about $100-120?

Congrats on getting your EM. Am always envious of corner EMs.

The condition does look good. And with roller shutters too. That's easily 3K savings alone. Hope you have a smooth reno.

Btw what do you mean by very close to immediate neighbour? You mean the next block?