Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aegis

House For Single

Hi Rover, yes that area will be my plastic modelling area. Initially want to set it up at the common room but my friend poison me to setup a home entertainment room after i experience his. :sport-smiley-004: I have feed back to the ID that i'm not very happy about the work on toilet. He say he will find solution to the issue i bring up. Will do a scan on the floor plan given by my ID(Hardcopy).

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Kum sia ;) Still cracking my brains on how to hv storage area/room, cos I really wanna hack off the common room to widen up the living room area (dun like squeezy spaces). One opt I can think of is to try to make some space frm the kitchen/dining area for some built-in storage cabinet.

Good progress for ur reno. Make sure checks are done periodically. How's shopping coming along?

Kum sia ;) Still cracking my brains on how to hv storage area/room, cos I really wanna hack off the common room to widen up the living room area (dun like squeezy spaces). One opt I can think of is to try to make some space frm the kitchen/dining area for some built-in storage cabinet.

Good progress for ur reno. Make sure checks are done periodically. How's shopping coming along?

Initially i also headache on where i put my Plastic modelling desk and my entertainment system. Since i'm living alone i decide to shrink my kitchen area so i can have the best of both world. :yamseng: When the cabinet is up, you will see that it's really very small. :rolleyes:

Will bring my dad together this Sunday to go Poh Seng to look at the sanitary wares, maybe i go recce at Universal Union this sat to see the prices 1st. After this should be busy looking for lighting.

u better check proper wif ur ID. If they juz cement over, the sight will be same after awhile. Better get the affected tiles changed since the size is diff. U hv all rights. Btw, possible to change the toilet drain cover? I'm not sure abt u but personally, a square one would be nicer.

I agreed with Rover. Aegis, better talk to Donald about fixing new piece of tiles up, the cement lay over won't last.

Initially i also headache on where i put my Plastic modelling desk and my entertainment system. Since i'm living alone i decide to shrink my kitchen area so i can have the best of both world. :yamseng: When the cabinet is up, you will see that it's really very small. :rolleyes:

I'm thinking of shrinking the kitchen too, since I seldom cook. Depending on floorplan, will see if I'm able to hv a cabinet in the kitchen (blending into the kitchen cabinet design) for storage of bulky items.

I agreed with Rover. Aegis, better talk to Donald about fixing new piece of tiles up, the cement lay over won't last.

Today i will go over the house again to do a careful check since i also want to see the new windows installation status. Will feedback to Donald. So far really unhappy over the toilet work. :furious:

Edited by aegis

Hi, we are using Rinnai RB-3SS at home for about 4 years. What would you like to understand about this hob?

Regarding the hood, we are using the RH-90ER model. I don't know exactly whether it is RH-90ER(MS,G,S) or RH-90ERi because it was bought by my bro & sis-in-law. I find it quite noisy which I don't really like it so thinking will get myself a low noise hood for my new home.

Now back home, i was discussing the hob and hood with my parent and i thinking of getting the Rinnai hob and hood.

Rinnai RB-3SS

rinnai-rb-3ss-gb-ss.jpg

Rinnai RH-382

rinnairh-382.jpg

Anyone use the above product before and able to give some feedback?

Hi, we are using Rinnai RB-3SS at home for about 4 years. What would you like to understand about this hob?

Regarding the hood, we are using the RH-90ER model. I don't know exactly whether it is RH-90ER(MS,G,S) or RH-90ERi because it was bought by my bro & sis-in-law. I find it quite noisy which I don't really like it so thinking will get myself a low noise hood for my new home.

Now back home, i was discussing the hob and hood with my parent and i thinking of getting the Rinnai hob and hood.

Rinnai RB-3SS

rinnai-rb-3ss-gb-ss.jpg

Rinnai RH-382

rinnairh-382.jpg

Anyone use the above product before and able to give some feedback?

Hi Whisper, heard from 1 of the dealer that RB-3SS is using cast iron not stainless steel is it true? Also how is the fire, big enough on the max? I'm getting the RB-3SS or RB-3SS(GB) which is the temper glass version as i like the placement.For the RH-382 i also don't know whether noisy or not. Any recommendation of quite hood?

Hi Whisper, heard from 1 of the dealer that RB-3SS is using cast iron not stainless steel is it true? Also how is the fire, big enough on the max? I'm getting the RB-3SS or RB-3SS(GB) which is the temper glass version as i like the placement.For the RH-382 i also don't know whether noisy or not. Any recommendation of quite hood?

If you want a big fire, can consider the Rinnai inner flame models. Those models have good reviews for having a strong flame. The tempered glass and metal frame model is 2CG/3CG and 3Si, respectively. :)

Edited by strikingreality

If you want a big fire, can consider the Rinnai inner flame models. Those models have good reviews for having a strong flame. The tempered glass and metal frame model is 2CG/3CG and 3Si, respectively. :)

Hi Strikingreality, I don't like the placement of burner for the 3CG, but can considered the 3SI model. Thanks for the advise. :yamseng:

HDB officer just call me that my below neighbor complain that her unit ceiling is leaking water during the reno. Now the leakage have stop since ID have completed the kitchen flooring so they need to scape off the paint that is stain by the leakage and paint a new coat over it. :o

if the leak problem never solve,in future u need to do something to it and u and ur neighbour each will seperate the cost!be careful!!

Yes, I know about this as my parent home MBR toilet redo due to water leakage at the below neighbour MBR toilet. Each have to pay half of the cost after HDB subsidy which come to $200plus. Cannot imaging the cost and problem if the whole kitchen and toilet have to redo in the future.

I think what the dealer told you is true. Because I doubt RB-3SS is stainless steel! We have scratches on the hob within a year, at the middle of the hob and bottom left (near brand name printing) because we tends to put bowl/plate on it when scoop out food from pan. I wondered why scratches came out so easily so I tested out using my fridge magnet. It didn't stick... :dunno: But when I try it on the Rinnai hood, the magnet stayed on.

The fire is good for chinese cooking. We often use the 2nd burner, the one at the middle. The fire is big enough for stir fried yet small and controllable for simmering of chinese tonic soup for hours.

Sometimes we use the left side burner if we need to cook two things at a time. But the fire is too big to me. This burner has two rings of fire. If you turn on both rings, the fire is too strong and easily stain your pots. It burns my porridge too while the middle burner perform well for cooking porridge. Most of the time I use the inner ring (small fire) only for cooking but even its smallest fire is still bigger than the middle burner.

Not sure the reason why you like the placement of RB-3SS or 3SI. Perhaps it is personal preference but sorry to tell you that the right burner is almost useless to me. We may use the middle burner for 100 times but the right one maybe only once. FYI I have >10yrs home cooking experience so I go for something practical than its appearance. But of course I also cannot compromise to something that I think is really ugly although it is very useful lah. :D

Reason why we (same for my mother) don't use the right burner is because it is too near. If you use pan, the holder will stick out and you have to stand a distance from the hob and it is a bit funny lah. Also if you stir fried something on this burner and the food drop, most probably it will drop on the floor or land on your foot. The placement of this burner is not at a safe position. We don't find it comfortable to use.

Also since the middle burner is the best to use (because its fire) and it is too close with the right one, so it is really difficult to use both of them together.

Another comment is all the burner turned rusty over time. Quick fast although I don't really remember when did it started. But I don't care since it doesn't affect the cooking process and its end result. :rolleyes: Only when I do cleaning after cooking then I may sometimes sigh....it is not too nice to see but never mind when I place a pot/pan on it I don't see it anymore so don't care lah. :D

We first used the old hood (forgot the brand) retained from previous owner. It was performing well until we were advised by fengshui master to change a new one when my bro got married. The current Rinnai hood is noisier than the previous one. Sometimes it disturb me from hearing the sizzling sound when cooking which more or less affect me to judge whether the fire is too weak or too strong.

For quiet hood I am aiming at Electrolux. But the low noise model doesn't look so sleek compare to its other models. I am not sure whether to get this at the end because I haven't start shopping. So far I only compare spec from its website.

Er... Pardon if I'm being ignorant. I always thot there's a diff between stainless steel and scratch resistance? Stainless steel mainly offers more resistance to corrosion rather than scratches, unless the product states scratch resistance stainless steel.