Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aegis

House For Single

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

finally i saw the 3D. been busy lately.... it looks like a very nice and cosy place for singles!

Can't wait to see the final product! keep on posting, ya? :sport-smiley-004:

Thanks. Will keep posting update as the reno goes along. :D

Ur toilet looks great! So will there be a single entrance frm the MBR or two entrances (another one frm kitchen)?

Hi Rover, there will still be 2 entrance. Kitchen and MBR, so when the guest come, they will use the kitchen entrance and i will lock the entrance in the MBR if i do not want my guest to go into my MBR. :P

Hi Rover, there will still be 2 entrance. Kitchen and MBR, so when the guest come, they will use the kitchen entrance and i will lock the entrance in the MBR if i do not want my guest to go into my MBR. :P

Ok. Juz make sure u dun walks into the toilet frm MBR when someone is in there. Lol ;)

Ok. Juz make sure u dun walks into the toilet frm MBR when someone is in there. Lol ;)

Also, the door to MBR cannot be clear glass too. :notti:

i am not sure whether yours can be done like in the 3D. Last time i was staying in 3room flat, there were a lot of pipes in between the 2 walls so it might not be convenient to have 2 into 1.

Also, the door to MBR cannot be clear glass too. :notti:

i am not sure whether yours can be done like in the 3D. Last time i was staying in 3room flat, there were a lot of pipes in between the 2 walls so it might not be convenient to have 2 into 1.

Ya. Based on wat I knw, those wif toilet separated for shower and poo poo hv pipes at odd places, esp in between the separation wall. Do discuss wif ur ID if it is such. Some of these ugly pipings may or may not be able to be concealed via cardboard/false cabinets.

8eb0553b.jpg

ec13d2ac.jpg

Edited by Rover

Ya. Based on wat I knw, those wif toilet separated for shower and poo poo hv pipes at odd places, esp in between the separation wall. Do discuss wif ur ID if it is such. Some of these ugly pipings may or may not be able to be concealed via cardboard/false cabinets.

This is not that bad, my old place, the pipes are really in the middle of the wall, this one is still slightly to the right.

already hacked so i guess will have to try to box them up but the end result might not be the same as the 3D (so clean cut)

Edited by May_dream1

This is not that bad, my old place, the pipes are really in the middle of the wall, this one is still slightly to the right.

already hacked so i guess will have to try to box them up but the end result might not be the same as the 3D (so clean cut)

Well, those pipes which I circled will be actually smacked in the middle of the two combined toilets. True tt need to be caution and check 3D against actual layout, esp scale and dimensions. Also, certain designs proposals might seems doable in drawing but there might be ground restrictions, eg I recently read in one of the t-blog tt someone end up can't do certain boxup on top of the heater due to heat dispersion issues.

It's gd to be wary of such constrains. Better to spend more time on the ground rather than to rectify in future. Time delayed is frustrating esp when u are expecting to move in to ur comfy home at certain expected date ;)

Hi Rover, i'm ok with the pipes exposed. Do not wish to box up the pipes although may look out of place. :P The 3D drawing does not have the pipes cos the ID forgot to tell the 3D guy that there is 2 pipes there. :sport-smiley-004:

Went to my house today to look at the progress as i did not check on it on fri and sat. Surprise to see a worker unloading cement at the toilet. Here are some of the picture.

DSC01551a.jpg

Tiles lay at the doorstep.

DSC01540a.jpg

Kitchen wall tiles up except the 1 near the window.

DSC01548a.jpg

Another shot of kitchen wall tiles.

DSC01544a.jpg

Status of toilet.

DSC01545a.jpg

Spot some problem. There are gap between some tiles. Have inform the ID to look into it.

DSC01549a.jpg

Door frame for my MBR.

DSC01543a.jpg

My half wall is up that divide the kitchen and my work area.

DSC01542a.jpg

Another picture of the kitchen.

Went to Poh Seng to look at some Sanitary ware.

DSC01553a.jpg

Toilet bowl 1.

DSC01556a.jpg

Toilet 2.

DSC01559a.jpg

Toilet Basin

DSC01557a.jpg

Kitchen Basin

DSC01558a.jpg

Joven Storage heater as i want to install rain shower. PS Boss recommend me to get Ariston TI-shape 15 saying better heat retention.

Need to place order by next week so my ID can get the toilet done soon.

Some photo update.

Remember the issue with the toilet tiles.

DSC01545a.jpg

I do not know whether did they remove the issue tiles and relay, but i saw the white cement is apply and you can't see much difference. I did not take close up picture for this.

DSC01565a.jpg

Another issue with the toilet tiles.

DSC01561a.jpg

You can see it's not even and i guess even after apply the white cement you still see the difference in height.

Also find this puny little drainage cover in the bathroom area. Feedback to the ID that this is different from what he say he will lay.

DSC01577a.jpg

Another view of the kitchen taken from the kitchen toilet door. My half height wall is up and left the glass to finish it off which will be done at later stage.

DSC01563a.jpg

Basically tiles for living room, MBR, common room and store room is done. Tomorrow will tear down the old window and install the new window as per ID update.

U mentioned tt the space between the storeroom and kitchen is ur work area. Meaning? Work desk? Neat idea. Do u hv a finalized floor plan to show the design layout of ur house? Like to gather more design ideas/concepts to plan up my future house ;)

I do not know whether did they remove the issue tiles and relay, but i saw the white cement is apply and you can't see much difference. I did not take close up picture for this.

DSC01565a.jpg

u better check proper wif ur ID. If they juz cement over, the sight will be same after awhile. Better get the affected tiles changed since the size is diff. U hv all rights. Btw, possible to change the toilet drain cover? I'm not sure abt u but personally, a square one would be nicer.