Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aegis

House For Single

Went over the flat today, seem nothing is done. So no picture update today. zz

I also have the same problem... No one seems to be working. I had to keep pestering my ID....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I also have the same problem... No one seems to be working. I had to keep pestering my ID....

The whole week nothing is done except Saturday the electrician came over to lay the base of the conduit. ID are suppose to rectify the issue that i email to him during this whole week, but excuse are he got manpower issue due to Hari Raya and his Malaysia tilers are on leave. I have told him i will delay the 3rd payment until i'm satified with his rectification work. :rolleyes:

Agree with you. It defin adds more flexibility without the false ceilings and cornies.

Having said so, my hse has L-box and cornies in living & dining areas. These are done up by ex-owner and it restricts my electrical work to a great extent :(

Yet it would burst our budget if we to hack everything away and redo. No choice, we just had to make concessions on our wiring layout plan..

I like expose truking so next time i want to troubleshoot/add anything it's easier for me. :D

Agree with you. It defin adds more flexibility without the false ceilings and cornies.

Having said so, my hse has L-box and cornies in living & dining areas. These are done up by ex-owner and it restricts my electrical work to a great extent :(

Yet it would burst our budget if we to hack everything away and redo. No choice, we just had to make concessions on our wiring layout plan..

For me is if i'm going to do false ceiling it will burst my budget also, but luckily i like exposed trunking for easier access. :yamseng: So in the end $$$ restrict what we want to do. :rolleyes:

Edited by aegis

Some update today. Water pipe is up, but can see is a F**K up workmanship.

DSC01719a.jpg

Existing water pipe shifted up as request by me, but the electrician go lay the base of electric conduit directly behind the water pipe. This will cause short circuit if there is a leak. Informed the ID to shift the power point location.

DSC01723a.jpg

Electric conduit was lay before the water pipe and now it look so ugly and water is so close to the electric conduit. Sure won't pass PUB test.

DSC01724a.jpg

This is the worse thing i see, water pipe for my rain shower is bended i don't think any water can pass through. Feed back to the ID and get him to replace all the bending parts with elbow joint.

DSC01731a.jpg

Copper piping was replace back when they so call spolit it during hacking when i instruct them to keep the existing copper pipe.

DSC01732a.jpg

Another view of the piping.

the price sounds good,especially if u have quite a bit of carpentry.Inflation and things is getting moe expensive now.Yours without GST right?

The only carpentry is the kitchen cabinet top and bottom. GST should be included as this is the net price i'm paying.

Some update today. Water pipe is up, but can see is a F**K up workmanship.

DSC01724a.jpg

This is the worse thing i see, water pipe for my rain shower is bended i don't think any water can pass through. Feed back to the ID and get him to replace all the bending parts with elbow joint.

Must say that this is ridiculous. Hopefully, you are able to get it remedied, aegis.

BTW, are you in JE St 24 area?

It's been a long time since i have provide update. Here are some photo of my house status and issue.

DSC01609a.jpg

Windows have been up and the side of the wall show that it's not straight. ID say if we tried to straighten it with cement it will crack when i put the windows grill. Say will patch it after the windows grill is up.

DSC01612a.jpg

Toilet windows, still waiting for installation of exhaust fan.

DSC01610a.jpg

Picture of the toilet area. Fully done but still having issue with the wall tiles.

DSC01627a.jpg

DSC01651a.jpg

Picture of the issue area. The tiles between 1 of the wall is not flush and the entrance tiles also not flush properly.

aegis, the toilet window can be the push out kind ha? so i no need to restrict myself to the louver windows? i absolutely hate louvers leh. need HDB permit to change? My existing one is louver.

Must say that this is ridiculous. Hopefully, you are able to get it remedied, aegis.

BTW, are you in JE St 24 area?

Hi Reiki, they have rectified the joint by using those elbow joint. Still I'm not happy with the water piping lay out. Just feed back to Id this morning when I met him for discussion.

Yes, mine house is at st.24. You living around there?

aegis, the toilet window can be the push out kind ha? so i no need to restrict myself to the louver windows? i absolutely hate louvers leh. need HDB permit to change? My existing one is louver.

Hi ejszaka, i'm not very sure. The toilet window is install by my Id and I'm fine with it so I didn't ask about it. Maybe you can check with you Id on this.

Hi Reiki, they have rectified the joint by using those elbow joint. Still I'm not happy with the water piping lay out. Just feed back to Id this morning when I met him for discussion.

Hopefully, all turns well, aegis.

Yup, we are neighbours!

Hi ejszaka, i'm not very sure. The toilet window is install by my Id and I'm fine with it so I didn't ask about it. Maybe you can check with you Id on this.

From what I know - yes, you need to get HDB permit to change such to such windows.

Thanks!

My Reno basically came to stand still as the ID is now busy doing rectification. I have been holding back his 3rd payment for 3 weeks and coming to 1 month until they rectify the current issue 1st.

Things that need to rectify which list out by my ID which he email me.

1) tiling in kitchen (water still trap near work stn area)

2) toilet wall tiles (damaged/chipped tiles)

3) grout colours of REPLACED wall tiles not uniform with the rest

4) tiles skirting

5) wall plastering

6) check Utilities Board Conformance standard of distance between water pipes n electrical trunking

7) pipes orientation/layout, need to adjust/replace

DSC01752a.jpg

Kitchen tiles been hacked off to lay new tile again so water will flow to drainage properly.

DSC01754a.jpg

Parts of the wall tile that was damage during the last replacement, now been hacked off.

DSC01756a.jpg

Additional tiles ordered for replacement.

Seem my completion will be delay. :furious: