Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
SClofthouse

Our Humble Loft To Sleep, Eat & Play

Errandz, talking about this, it brings me back to 2009 (when hubby & i bought this unit). :)

Lucky us, we sealed off at 5K COV. :deal:

Wow, you really got a good thing. I suppose timing is everything. My wife and I started house hunting 2010 Feb. And the houses (5rm) we saw were going at COV 10-15k (for middle range; decently furnished and mainted houses).... But we realised we couldn't buy without our ROM cert as we wanted the Additional Housing Grant, and the ROM was in Oct. So we stopped and restarted in Sep 2010. But guess what.. The min COV for a 5rm flat was going at 15k, and this was for the crappiest of crappy places. We even had 4rm owners asking 40++k COV.

There was a case we tried to neg on a 4rm house asking 30K cov since it was nx block to my parents. We visited in the afternoon and called to neg 2 hrs later. He didn't even entertain us cos people were offering 36k already. And this was not as stylish as your place appeared by the way... VERY painful process. We kept getting rejected and felt quiet pathetic. So we stopped hunting AGAIN.

FEB 2011. Started again. And thankfully we found our place. It was in a very very VERY original state. But it was spacious and we got it for the same as you. Our agent (who was with us for the one year period) was smiling and telling us the place must have been waiting for us and us for it.

Oh and our house, is in the same block as the 36k cov asking 4rm house we didn't end up getting. :D

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Errandz, agreed! It's the right time, right place & right people. Seriously, it is really ridiculous for the current asking COV (some black sheep spoiling market).. I've heard from friends that some owners requesting 80K (crazy!!) Nevertheless, your house is big for a 5 rm, the size of our EA is only slightly bigger than yours (at 125sqm).

In fact, you can appeal to defer your submission of ROM cert, we did that the other time.

We wanted to defer. But HDB said deferment is only allowed for CPF grant takers. Those who want the AHGrant must show the rom cert. If we reali wanted to, we could get the house, but had to forgo the AHG which was at least 20K of grant...