Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LiquidMod

An Ea Experience At Pasir Ris 456

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Went to take a look at the tiling. The toilet looks good to me... I personally love the wall tiles... Workmanship also good. The grout seemed to be close to each other... So far so good...

IMG-20111119-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20111119-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20111119-WA0002.jpg

:furious:I was looking at this room tiling layout. Apparently the whole room tiles went slanted... To my dismay, nearly half the living room tiles were placed slanted. Why? Tilers start from THE SLANTED part of the living Room which caused the whole range to be slanted. Feedbacked to my ID. My ID beared the responsibility. It will be hacked again the very next working day. Tilers got screwed by my ID for not using initiatives while at the same time she has already emailed the way we want it to be...

Bottom line: I still got it rectified. My ID responsible for the BOO BOO by the tilers. Case closed. I don't want to ask any further. As long as it is on time.... But that was definitely a big scare for us... Cannot live with slanted tiles all my life.... :furious:

IMG-20111119-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20111119-WA0000.jpg

The Living room layout. Notice the slanted part of the living room? Can u imagine they actualy start tiling from the slanted part? Duh ? :furious:

229f5669.jpg

Edited by LiquidMod

The next headache is choosing the electrician....Apparently, we go for KS Lighting... Quote reasonable so far... quite standard.... Let's see how...

Now the rewiring of whole house (unexpected budget). We thought still can salvage the wiring. Apparently, cannot. Also I thought for the safety purposes (fire and all), might as well I do it lah... Spending $2.9 k on rewiring. It includes all.... :bangwall:

2011-11-29071241.jpg

2011-11-29071226.jpg

2011-11-29071200.jpg

2011-11-26102131.jpg

Now comes to the interesting part...

We are going to make a feature wall made of partition board... Coat it first with powder coat cornice material to flatten it... then I will wallpaper the whole board... Hopefully, it will turn out to be a unique feature wall. In these picts, it is only 3/4 done. The right size supposed to be extended...

IMG-20111130-WA0000.jpg

2011-11-30181350.jpg

2011-11-30181255.jpg

2011-11-30181244.jpg

I can't imagine I carried these big boxes myself and it can FIT the small car. No wonder they called it Honda FIT.... ( It's my cooker hob, oven and heater)

2011-12-02180620.jpg

Rewired the whole house by Electrician KS lighting on my own rather than through my ID due to cost issues. They helped to ripped the old wires out...

Lesson learnt: When they ripped the wire and casing out of your wall and caused a "scar" or holes... DON'T expect them to repair the holes !!! I was told that if they do that, then might as well become painter. They then shifted it to the painter. Then my ID painter shook head, looking at the damage done... Thankfully, my ID wanted to help to fix the holes... through plaster it using cornice plaster.. Notice my ceiling? Chin Jialat!!!!

But I still think that it will be value added if electrician fix some holes created in their tour of duty....

2011-12-02183227.jpg

2011-11-29071638.jpg

Lighting: Don't waste your time on finding. Go straight to ligtings.com.sg or KS Lighting. The prices there are lowest so far. KS ligtings will throw in free installation if you buy from them. Don't be ketok by others. Average downlight (Magnetic ballast)- The one that can flicker when u switch on with 2 Bulbs will cost average $25 to $40. Anything more is a ripped off!!! Also best if you buy and the electrician from the same shop. More manageable. But if you ask me, the easiest is from your ID although it will cost you more... why? Any problem, they will solve internally....

Chemically washed. e floor shiny boy! Carpentry slowly taking shape. E sink in. Wife wants undermount version.

my job now is to scrutenize grout issues of e tiling.

still cannot believe that I'm moving house next week.

1323004130118.png

Chemically washed. e floor shiny boy! Carpentry slowly taking shape. E sink in. Wife wants undermount version.

my job now is to scrutenize grout issues of e tiling.

still cannot believe that I'm moving house next week.

1323004130118.png

congrats on your reno progress and moving in soon. my headache time is coming. First tiling job is already have a complain to it. my tile apparently got a design of some pattern 3/4 flower and 1/4 line stripes. when they laid the tile some of the line stripes pattern is not in line(straight) with another tile. can you imagine? called shadow and she came to see but boss tiler explained to her and us that because of factory produce, some of the tile pattern will be different sizes that's why cannot be all straight in line.

Cannot accept this excuse man, do not tell me if everybody choose this tile then they will have same problem??? My hubby keep complaining to me lo. He is such perfectionist, everything have to be perfect, but since we are quite nice ppl we never really scold and complain harshly. Just talk nicely ask them to change and try to find the tile that is come with same size pattern.

i feel like the tiler is not proffesional at all. you should know that this kind of work is really not acceptable man. But the tiler is only a worker the boss tiler should monitor that. Lucky only one toilet have that kind of design, if all big headache man.

ID so far so good still accomodate with the request but 3D design seem so slow. Have not seen all the 3D till now when the reno work is already started, but can understand is a peak period now, seems drawing dept very very busyyy. Hope the rest will be a smooth journey for us.