Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jackychun

♥ Serangoon 4-Room Resale Flat ♪♫

Hi All,

Finally decided to have my own t-Blog to record my memorable journey of house renovation.

I have spent about 1.5 months for ID selection. It was really interesting and exciting process that I have gone through.

A lot of ideas, experience can be achieved during this time I would say. The IDs have given me their points of view on renovation works which are really useful for me to build up the most suitable layout suitable for our home. After so many rounds of meeting and discussion I even can roughly do the quotation by myself :dribble:

However, I can only choose ONE of them for my renovation works. So from 10 IDs, shortlisted down to 5, then 3, then 2 and finally, my ID is Mr. Toh Wee Kuang from WaWe Design. :yamseng:

I may talk about my ID shortlisting process later. Hehe. It may take a lot of time but quite useful for those "blur guy" like me jumping in the mess of renovation work scopes. :deal:

Firstly, here is my floor plan. Pretty small... :P

floorplan00101.jpg

Edited by jackychun

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Jacky, congrats on getting your flat and also ID. We r soon Neighbours in this serangoon neighborhood :)

Some of the photos show the original condition of the house. It is really really original HDB flat! :D

Photo was taken on 13 August 2011, after the day I received keys from HDB.

Common Bathroom: Terrible condition :bangwall:

commonbathroom1.jpg

commonbathroom3.jpg

Kitchen

kitchen5m.jpg

kitchen9.jpg

kitchen10f.jpg

Edited by jackychun

30 August 2011:

- Notification of renovation works is in order. I have visited my neighbour next door to do some PR works before renovation started.

- The same day, electrical wires/points are removed.

Notifications: :)

sam0019b.jpg

Edited by jackychun

wow, totally original condition! being a nostalgia buff, i'd keep some items original and intact. the main gate is classic 70s 80s hdb, for instance. the ink area sis worth considering too. check out the tiles!

Hi Jacky, your flat condition is quite similar to mine except mine is slightly better.... and mine have marble flooring for living and dining hall.

I think you are going for a massive reno, right? You will probably need to touch every corner of the flat..... A lot of $$$$ to do that lor....

Wish u a successful reno journey

Cheers :)

Thanks rottenrammone and potatoes! :)

Actually I am not so interested in classic style and that is why the house going to be overhauled. I try to keep the design as simple and basic as possible to save $$$ :D No choice. Hehe.

Marbel flooring is very durable that you should keep then, potatoes... :)

DAY 1 (31 August 2011): HACKING WORKS

I could not wait to see the results of hacking works today. So I came to my house immediately after work to see how's the works going. I have been there around 6:30pm and the workers already demobilized. Look at what I have seen, so incredible! Haha! :sport-smiley-004:

Here is the living room:

sam0024j.jpg

sam0025q.jpg

Store room has been hacked off. The space look much larger now without this room.

sam0026q.jpg

sam0027x.jpg

I used to wonder whether my store room can be hacked off during renovation works previously. As I heard from some people that if the wall indicated as "SOLID BLACK", this wall cannot be hacked as it is Reinforced Concrete Wall (RC). After got the approval from HDB, they said: RC Wall cannot be hacked, only "sandwich polyfoam wall" can be hacked. I had big question mark again: WTH is the "Sandwich Polyfoam Wall"?! :bangwall: I asked my ID and he said no worries, he has gone through many cases like this, and the wall can be hacked. I have a bit piece in mind and until today I am totally satisfied. After hacking, you can see what is the "SANDWICH POLYFOAM WALL" already. :D Here you go:

sam0029d.jpg

sam0037q.jpg

Now I know why the HDB room can limit some noise due to this structure. Further than that, this kind of wall structure also make lighter load overall. :rolleyes:

The kitchen wall is now ready for tiling works. The contractor has made a rough surface for it.

sam0034ed.jpg

sam0035e.jpg

sam0036e.jpg

Rubbish chute is now exposed. Going to replace by the new one soon. :good:

sam0039r.jpg

Kitchen sink is now alone. zz

sam0054e.jpg

Kitchen is totally hacked:

sam0042p.jpg

Common toilet and MBR toilet:

:notti:

sam0040we.jpg

sam0047x.jpg

That's all for today. Hacking works will be continued tomorrow with the three bedrooms. Wait and see. Stay tuned... :)

Edited by jackychun