Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jackychun

♥ Serangoon 4-Room Resale Flat ♪♫

Wah... Isn't it great to see the walls coming down .... Marks the beginning of your reno journey. I m sure it will look very nice after that :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Jacky

I am so happy for you. :sport-smiley-018:

Post more pics!!!

How old is your flat? Everything looks so old.

Can you pm me how to do the 'open door' ceremony? Is it complicated?

I will be collecting my keys in 2 months time.

Jacky

I am so happy for you. :sport-smiley-018:

Post more pics!!!

How old is your flat? Everything looks so old.

Can you pm me how to do the 'open door' ceremony? Is it complicated?

I will be collecting my keys in 2 months time.

Hi BuyNow7,

Thank you. I try to post the progress everyday. :)

My flat is 26 years old.

For the first time opening your door after receiving keys, it is quite simple. I refer to this website: http://services.spservices.sg/cs_lifestyle_features_fengshui.htm

- Be well prepared.

- Do not be late for the appointed time.

- Do not enter the house empty-handed.

- Bring some fruits such as apples (for safety and peace), bananas (to attract wealth), pineapples and oranges (for prosperity). Entering and leaving the new house empty-handed is considered inauspicious. If you had forgotten to bring the fruits, buy them from the nearest fruit stall.

- Upon entering the house, open all doors and windows to let the sunlight in, ushering in the Yang energy. Also, turn on the tap to invite wealth into your home.

- Place two oranges at every corner, and the pineapple right in the middle of your house. Try not to kill insects or any other living things.

- Other than that, I also lighten some incense sticks and put three **** rooms and one each for every room. When you bring the incense stick to the room, draw on the air the infinity shape (horizontal of 8 shape). It is believed that this shape is really good to bring lucks to your home. Together with that, whisper all the best wishes for your home. Go to do it for every corner of your house to make your house "warm" with incense stick... ;)

Most important I think is you do it with all your heart. Then you will feel piece in mind... ;)

All the best! :)

Wah... Isn't it great to see the walls coming down .... Marks the beginning of your reno journey. I m sure it will look very nice after that :)

Yeah! It is really great feeling, potatoes! :sport-smiley-004:

I want to visit the house every day to see the progress... ! :P

DAY 2: 01 SEPTEMBER 2011: CLEARING OF DEMOLITION DEBRIS. MATERIAL IS READY ON SITE.

After work today, I went to my flat to see how is the progress.

It was impressive that all the debris yesterday was cleared and the house looked so neat now.

I am happy with the works in order from contractor.

Most of the materials have been delivered to site and seem ready for tiling works coming up next. :)

sam0061c.jpg

sam0083u.jpg

sam0062d.jpg

sam0065ix.jpg

The rubbish chute was taken out. :notti:

sam0081y.jpg

That's all for today. Now it is time to take some rest and planning for the next steps. :)

DAY 3: 2 SEPTEMBER 2011: PREPARATION FOR WALL TILING WORKS

After cleaning all the debris of demolition, preparation works for wall tiling started.

Materials on site:

photo1ne.jpg

The tiler is preparing the surface for wall tiling.

photo2zue.jpg

New rubbish chute is ready. Hehe.

photo3vbq.jpg

These materials will be used for water proofing (membrane):

photo4pq.jpg

photo5rf.jpg

After seeing some site works, me and Wee Kuang went to Genova to see some bathroom accessories. Not decided to choose yet. :)

DAY 4 & 5 (3-4 SEPTEMBER 2011): WALL TILING WORKS FOR KITCHENS AND 2 BATHROOMS

I was not be able to come down to site on Saturday to see the progress.

Sunday morning me and my wife went to some shop sourcing for kitchen appliances. After that, we passed by our home to see how is this going. :)

Master bathroom wall tiles almost done. The workmanship is so far so good. After touch up, it may look better. :)

photo1xzz.jpg

photo4muf.jpg

Wall tile for common bathroom and kitchen are outstanding at this moment. Start seeing some transformation... :)

photo2on.jpg

photo3wib.jpg

photo5cf.jpg

Tomorrow, I need to go to site again to measure the windows size. Windows of our home are a bit bigger than normal HDB's windows size. :bangwall: No choice.

Jacky, u r making good progress. Reno seems pretty fast.... Btw, I heard installing windows also need Hdb permit, is that true? I m still waiting for my windows to be installed. :(

Hello Jacky....

Hope you don't mind the day I went to your unit sightseeing with wee kuang.

Everything look great on your reno. So you got your stuff from GENOVA? Heavy damage?

Going to my unit later to check on the false ceiling. Will try to update my t-blog later.... getting lazy...

LOL - Nobel

DAY 4 & 5 (3-4 SEPTEMBER 2011): WALL TILING WORKS FOR KITCHENS AND 2 BATHROOMS

I was not be able to come down to site on Saturday to see the progress.

Sunday morning me and my wife went to some shop sourcing for kitchen appliances. After that, we passed by our home to see how is this going. :)

Tomorrow, I need to go to site again to measure the windows size. Windows of our home are a bit bigger than normal HDB's windows size. :bangwall: No choice.

Edited by nobelleng

DAY 6: 05 SEPTEMBER 2011: FLOOR AND WALL FOR BATHROOMS BASICALLY SETUP. ON GOING: WALL TILING FOR KITCHEN & LIVING ROOM TILING.

After work today, I came to my home as usual to check the progress. It is really interesting thing I want to do in the day. :) Just like playing game, you want to see the thing develop more and more... :rolleyes:

Wall and floor tiling works have been basically setup for two bathrooms. It may be done in the next few days progressively :rolleyes:

Here is the master bathroom:

05sept201131.jpg

05sept201132.jpg

05sept201133.jpg

And here is the works for common bathroom:

photo1wk.jpg

photo2pj.jpg

As we prefer simple design, hence both bathrooms will have the same simple looks. :sport-smiley-018:

Today the rubbish chute finally on. Hehe. Look cool. :dribble:

photo4mg.jpg

Kitchen wall tiles half side done:

photo5nr.jpg

Something new today is the flooring tiles have been laid at centre portion. The tilers may finish it tomorrow. :rolleyes:

05sep201122.jpg

05sep201123.jpg

05sept201134.jpg

That's the progress for today.

Had chosen the windows styles today: how many panels, color of the frame, grill styles... Our ID recommendation is quite close to what we want, so not much changes from his idea. Will post photos once the windows on. :D

Thanks a lot for your support, readers... :rolleyes: