Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yaolong

À La Maison

Thanks so much!!!

My hubby does not want to touch our own cash for the new house and he wants to save part of the sales proceed we got from our current place for the kids, so got to budget our reno. Bad thing is that i need to redo the flooring for the whole house. :(

So i think i may do what you did, approach the different contractors. :)

bear in mind although different contractors might b cheaper but u have to do a lot of coordination works... :yamseng:

Edited by yaolong

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

The wall has finally been hacked away... :sport-smiley-004:

319518_10150332561131306_594401305_8045708_906092808_n.jpg

The pipe will be box up and a TV will be mount there for mum to watch TV while cooking... :thumbs up:

317638_10150332567281306_594401305_8045725_873197286_n.jpg

Worker hacking away the glass sliding door and wall to make new wall and new entrance

300346_10150332574946306_594401305_8045750_133072130_n.jpg

My new windows are here... :yamseng:

317228_10150332622626306_594401305_8045926_1385557113_n.jpg

The toilets windows

297845_10150332624796306_594401305_8045941_1625661769_n.jpg

hi yaolong,

nice, you did your own research for individual contractors.

Meaning you had to co ordinate most things yourself, I think some ppl is lazy so they just engaged an ID, designs leave it to them. I dont have creative ideas in mind, so i guess I cant be like you engaged a contractor and ask them do this and that =(

you mention you walked IMM and other ID firms, so whats the cheapest quotes you got ?

hi yaolong,

nice, you did your own research for individual contractors.

Meaning you had to co ordinate most things yourself, I think some ppl is lazy so they just engaged an ID, designs leave it to them. I dont have creative ideas in mind, so i guess I cant be like you engaged a contractor and ask them do this and that =(

you mention you walked IMM and other ID firms, so whats the cheapest quotes you got ?

i asked for quotes from the contractors...

windows - i got from renotalk... alex and got him to come up my place for quotations and measurements... reasonable quotes and the chemistry is there so got him to do it...

woodworks - recommended by friends and i went their house to verify the workmanship first

electrician - i got from renotalk... got quotes from several other electricians as well... chatted with sebastian and have the confidence in him. so far so good, he has not failed my expectation yet... i have high expectations... :sport-smiley-004:

wetworks - from friends and met him several times... most important is not pushy... friendly, offered very very good and practical advices... allowed me to choose the tiles i wanted from different shops... quoted me based on the prices of the tiles... unlike some IDs... told u 'up to $2.80psf' but when u choose tiles about $2.30 (for example), did not bother to re-quote... the lower priced tiles u choose, the more the ID earned... :dribble:

as for the lowest quotes... hmm... after looking through the quotations (i still keep for references), the lowest is $65k exclude air-con, bathroom accessories, lightings, rewiring

the coordinating part isn't that difficult... besides i have a good contractor who kept me informed on the work progress and suggest from time to time which other contractors to call up to finish their parts on the renovation...

Edited by yaolong

Some of the windows are up!

thanks to alex and his team, some of the windows are up...

photos taken with my UWA Tokina 11-16... new toy...

310290_10150333586021306_594401305_8050747_1862440624_a.jpg

The Master bedroom windows... alex super nice to remind me again to tell the air-con installer to make sure the compressor is not too high or else i will have broken windows if i open the windows... hmm... have to call Aron about this...

307690_10150333586121306_594401305_8050749_1061483750_n.jpg

297202_10150333586556306_594401305_8050753_1582498180_n.jpg

toilet windows

303757_10150333586371306_594401305_8050751_1320985596_n.jpg

notice there is no metal piece running in the centre of the windows for the windows to ledge on when close? alex recommended this coz i wanted 'maximum' view when i open the windows...

alex is highly recommended... alex, if u reading this, can give me more discount? :notti:

i asked for quotes from the contractors...

windows - i got from renotalk... alex and got him to come up my place for quotations and measurements... reasonable quotes and the chemistry is there so got him to do it...

woodworks - recommended by friends and i went their house to verify the workmanship first

electrician - i got from renotalk... got quotes from several other electricians as well... chatted with sebastian and have the confidence in him. so far so good, he has not failed my expectation yet... i have high expectations... :sport-smiley-004:

wetworks - from friends and met him several times... most important is not pushy... friendly, offered very very good and practical advices... allowed me to choose the tiles i wanted from different shops... quoted me based on the prices of the tiles... unlike some IDs... told u 'up to $2.80psf' but when u choose tiles about $2.30 (for example), did not bother to re-quote... the lower priced tiles u choose, the more the ID earned... :dribble:

as for the lowest quotes... hmm... after looking through the quotations (i still keep for references), the lowest is $65k exclude air-con, bathroom accessories, lightings, rewiring

the coordinating part isn't that difficult... besides i have a good contractor who kept me informed on the work progress and suggest from time to time which other contractors to call up to finish their parts on the renovation...

haha... sure is quite some co ordination to do.

i await to see your finished reno... dribble.gif

looks like we're both using alex and aron to do window and aircon respectively.

between ur house like so many windows. sure pocket big hole liao. hehe.

Yes very big hole in pocket but window is a must... Grills too...

I m amazed at the number of window panels and grilles you need to install. For safety reason, Bo pian lor.....

I m amazed at the number of window panels and grilles you need to install. For safety reason, Bo pian lor.....

yeah understood, understand. haha. i also quite shocked at the number of window panels need to change.

see the price also sians! :X

I dealt with Vincent, alex bro..he oso not bad...

Ur whole Jumbo only 4k? Mine was 4.4k & dun even have LAN points.. :(

My contractor is famous here in renotalk..

U more hardcore than me, practically deal direct...

I outsource my windows,grilles,flooring & few other miscellaneous works..main works done by superstar contractor.

Ya lor... Really bo pian... For safety of kids especially I have two little monsters at home... Endless level of energy... Haha

yeah understood, understand. haha. i also quite shocked at the number of window panels need to change.

see the price also sians! :X

Frankly a small price to pay for the overall safety of the kids...