Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
schiz0id

The One With The Gargantuan Task

Hope your not-so-nice neighbours didn't affect your reno schedule. Good that you are focused on completion. Hang in there, the end is near! :lol:

2 more weeks and i'm moved! :P

I really hope reno works can continue for another 2 more weeks. Nail-biting man.... :unsure:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

ELECTRICAL & PLUMBING

CIMG0599.jpg

Lighting points are up in all the different areas. Very happy to see these wires dropping from the 'sky'. :)

CIMG0598.jpg

New DB box will be here in the storeroom. Look at the number of wires snaking around! :jawdrop: Water pipes have also been changed. Waiting for Citygas to come by this coming week to change those copper pipes too.

CIMG0596.jpg

My brother's toilet, with plumbing and electrical done! Gotta get used to all those exposed piping. :unsure:

Electrician and plumber both managed to finish their works. The coming week should see the ceilings completed, together with the wardrobes that are coming in end of the week. :good:

Last 10 days. Praying hard nothing gets impeded. :bow:

Edited by schiz0id

Hi buddy

Itx better to hv ur pipings exposed to minimise maintenance issues in the near future.

Although concealed pipings & wirings look neat & nice, it can be a real headache when repairs r required. I was told that owners of newly built flats need 2 buy a $200 special report to map out where pipes were being concealed & pass it on 2 their plumbers ...

As such, I still prefer pipings & wirings 2 b exposed.

Edited by edenstrauss

Hey,

I hafta agree with edenstrauss. Exposed pipes, though less pretty, are easier to maintain cos you can see all the actual trouble areas and you don't have to hack to replace suspected trouble spots. Hope you are starting to pack! :lol:

Yup, I've heard of the pros and cons. And yes, I can attest to the fact that concealed piping does pose to be a major problem is something does happen.

It's just a matter of getting used to, I guess. :)

Thanks sleek! It's like walking on thin ice now. Sigh...

Are you almost done with yours too? Carpentry arrived?

hey dear, carpentry arrived today, i went out so wasn't there to 'welcome' them and forgot to ask my mum to take photos. 8 men and a house full of carpentry, hahah dancingqueen.gifwill be going down tomorrow so will have some photos up soon. :)

hey dear, carpentry arrived today, i went out so wasn't there to 'welcome' them and forgot to ask my mum to take photos. 8 men and a house full of carpentry, hahah dancingqueen.gifwill be going down tomorrow so will have some photos up soon. :)

Nice! :good: Take lotsa pics to share! ;)

Hi buddy can't wait to see the photographs of your new hone when the renovation is completed with u guys settled in!

:)

I can't wait too... 9 days!! ;)

Edited by schiz0id

PLASTERBOARDS UPDATE

BR4-1.png

Plasterboards used to seal up those HDB 'holes' in my brother's room. One coat of sealer also went on today.

BR3.png

Hideous huge 'hole' in my room also covered up. Sealer also went on (though pic was taken before that :P )

BR2.png

My other brother's wall also sealed up for that clean look. His wardrobe 'shell' also seen here. Yup, puny :rolleyes: He insisted on putting his wardrobe here instead of the facing wall so that he has space for his keyboard at the facing wall where his table is going to be :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

WARDROBE UPDATE

Wardrobe.png

Wardrobe guys came today to fix up all the frames for the 4 wardrobes. [My wardrobe doors will be shorter cos of the beam - see the door frame for gauge] We chose to go with Closet Design since we had a good experience with them previously. They will be plastering the frames and starting to assemble the inserts tomorrow. All will be completed on Friday. Can't wait! ;)

Painting has also started today. ID promised to have ceiling, painting all done by this weekend. Shall wait and see..... Exactly one week to handover! :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by schiz0id

WARDROBE UPDATE

Day 2 of fixing up our wardrobes yielded the most progress.

IMG_0112.jpg

My brother's wardrobe. Looks very tall cos there isn't any beam here. :D

IMG_0115.jpg

Unlike mine. With that hideous beam there that I can do nothing about. My wardrobe is fortunately deeper so I can still put things on the highest shelf without knocking the beam. :P

IMG_0121.jpg

My other brother's puny wardrobe. His looks bare without inserts, should look better tomorrow when everything is fixed up nicely! :good:

Didn't take pictures of my parents' wardrobe cos it was very dark by the time they were done. Will take more pics tomoro! :D The basic structures are all up, now waiting for the drawers, mirror and hanging rods tomoro! :yeah:

CEILING UPDATE

The guys started working on the false ceilings today. Should be finishing by Saturday so that painting can come in on Sunday.

IMG_0113.jpg

Caught sight of this laser level that he installed high up near the ceiling to get the right level for the brackets to hold the plasterboards. When the laser flashed across the whole ceiling, it was very very apparent that HDB ceilings really lacked such nifty devices when they were built 20 years ago - the ceiling was gravely uneven. :blink:

IMG_0124.jpg

The finished 'skeleton' of the false ceiling. As my living room is quite big, it took him the whole day just to do up the skeletal frame for the whole living area.

CITYGAS

IMG_0126.jpg

Citygas was here to install the copper piping for the gas today too. Looking good! :good: Just look at the wiring in my wet kitchen alone! :P Almost looks like the wires came from the copper pipe. Haha!

PAINTING UPDATE

IMG_0122.jpg

The painters were here today again and they managed to complete ALL the ceilings with 3 coats of white paint today. This box of 9 different colours came up in the evening, in preparation for the final colour coats on the walls this Sunday. Yup, 9. :P

Works are going much faster today. We had 13 people in the house at one point. 13! If only everyday were like that. Next week is when the real fun starts. ALL the stuff we bought will finally be installed! Yippeeeee!! :sport-smiley-004: Can't wait!!

Hi buddy,

I'm happy for u that things are moving fast now :)

I have those huge huge gaping "holes" in my walls too & that made it difficult for us to put in our furnitures. :( HDB claimed that our flats are constructed such that these egornomics are meant to hold the structures (including structural beams) together.

And walls for HDB are not 100% symmetrical or even. The condos are.

What are plasterboards? R they hard enough to withstand the impact of being hit (accidentally) or holding onto screws/ nails?