Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
schiz0id

The One With The Gargantuan Task

lol your rubbish chute post **** funny la!!!! bowdown.gif to you for being brave and curious enough to post the photos!

now then i realise your reno and my reno are sorta on the same time line, everything looks to be progressing well, you must be so happy and excited! keep posting updates yeah! good.gif

if they dont meet your deadline bottom.gif them, hahah !

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

lol your rubbish chute post **** funny la!!!! bowdown.gif to you for being brave and curious enough to post the photos!

now then i realise your reno and my reno are sorta on the same time line, everything looks to be progressing well, you must be so happy and excited! keep posting updates yeah! good.gif

if they dont meet your deadline bottom.gif them, hahah !

Hey sleek, yeah I realise our reno about same time too. Still can't wait to see your huge WIW up! :dribble:

I sure hope I don't have to resort to that... Cant imagine sleeping at the bus stop... :~

I also have something gargantuan. But it isnt a task.

Bleah... You're disgusting... :bleah:

CEMENT WORKS

Day 8 of renovation works and this is the progress so far. Still hoping it goes a teeny weeny bit faster, but guess I can't complain since it is moving.. albeit not as fast as i'd hoped :sport-smiley-018:

CIMG0262.jpg

Foam boards delivered. All 12 of them. Using them to make up for the drop in the balcony.

CIMG0229.jpg

Balcony area levelled with foam board and wire net (as seen on right). The part of the balcony at the back will be levelled later on when this part is dry since their only water source is in that area at the back.

CIMG0232.jpg

My parents' new wardrobe wall cement screeded, as seen from the inside.

CIMG0237.jpg

Their wet toilet is already tiled up and waterproofing layer just went on today. Their dry toilet's wall has been holed, waiting for cement screed then tiling.

CIMG0231.jpg

Ditto with bro's toilet. All tiled up with waterproofing layer laid today. :good:

My toilet at common area still not done cos they need to build the new wall where the old toilet door used to be first. :bath:

KITCHEN UPDATE

The kitchen is always an exciting update since so many changes happen here and it's really our focal point for this renovation. :sport-smiley-004:

CIMG0244.jpg

Huge wall at Dry Kitchen is tiled up! Looking good! :good: Really love these HUGE (45 x 90) slabs!

CIMG0259.jpg

New wall to house the washing machine and dryer is also up! It looks quite cosy there, waiting for the fridge and cabinets to join him! :P This wall will also be tiled.

CIMG0250.jpg

Wet Kitchen all holed and waiting for tiling on this side of the wall and around the rubbish chute area. Rest of the walls will see cabinets with glass backing so no tiling needed on the 2 main walls ;)

CIMG0239.jpg

The kitchen area as viewed from the dining area. The mess of wires sure looks scary eh? Electrician coming next week so hope he sorts them out soon! Can't imagine walking into this ball of wires. :ph34r:

Going shopping for sinks, basins, bowls and more tomorrow. Hope to post our purchases! :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by schiz0id

SHOPPING BASKET

The weekend is here again. Some of the electrical applicances we have bought so far.

NR-F555TX.jpg

Panasonic multi-door fridge. It was a toss up between this and the Hitachi model. The vacuum compartment in the Hitachi model, as attractive as it was, could not convince my mum to top up the difference just for that compartment. ;)

EWF8121A-500x500.png

Almost bought the Bosch model. The price tag was really an eye-opener! :wacko: Settled for an Elba instead.

EBD_602S.png

Ditto for the dryer. Wanted to get the Bosch one too. Though this ain't made in Germany but England close enough? :P

CS_S9KKZW_web.jpg

Got the Panasonic single unit for my parents' room. As with the previous items, the aircon saw competition between the Mitsubishi and Panasonic. After hearing reviews from the aircon guy, we decided to skip our initial choice of Mitsubishi to get the Panasonic ones instead. Hope we made the right choice! :)

CU-3S27JKZ_web.jpg

This multi-split system 3 Panasonic will be for our 3 other rooms since the rooms are all huddled in one corner together. ;)

Will post more pics of our purchases as we go along. More updates on the house to come! :good:

there are moar updates from you, wow! love your buys, i wanted a panasonic aircon system too but too bad they dont have system 4 dunno.gif so had no choice but to go with mitsubishi.

i forgot to say this previously but i like your tile choices and of course your most expensive kitchen tiles good.gif

my WIW ah? it's getting smaller due to changes being made to the layout of that room and me wanting to have a fan in that section since it will not have air-con. wink.gif

there are moar updates from you, wow! love your buys, i wanted a panasonic aircon system too but too bad they dont have system 4 dunno.gif so had no choice but to go with mitsubishi.

i forgot to say this previously but i like your tile choices and of course your most expensive kitchen tiles good.gif

my WIW ah? it's getting smaller due to changes being made to the layout of that room and me wanting to have a fan in that section since it will not have air-con. wink.gif

Oh yeah.... I didn't realise Panasonic doesn't have system 4. Sigh, we really couldn't decide which brand to buy. Seems like there is an equal number of people using both the Panasonic and Mitsubishi aircons. Hope we both made the right choice! :good:

:P Yeah... they're really expensive.... Hope the effect will be worth it after they are all up! :sport-smiley-004: Btw, I noticed your kitchen tiles and our wet kitchen tiles may be the same, if not similar. Grey is a very popular and safe choice :P

You're getting a ceiling fan for your WIW? I'm sure it'll still be bigger than normal even after the changes. Cheer up! :sport-smiley-018:

no space for a ceiling fan, so it'll be a wall fan which means no more u-shaped WIW. I even wanted a fan in my master toilet! LOL However, the position of the WIW fan and the WIW is supposed to form a tunnel to allow the wind to blow directly into the toilet. We will be having fans in every single room; living, all 3 bedrooms, WIW and even kitchen. hahah my ID and electrician were shaking their head at me. rofl.gif

no space for a ceiling fan, so it'll be a wall fan which means no more u-shaped WIW. I even wanted a fan in my master toilet! LOL However, the position of the WIW fan and the WIW is supposed to form a tunnel to allow the wind to blow directly into the toilet. We will be having fans in every single room; living, all 3 bedrooms, WIW and even kitchen. hahah my ID and electrician were shaking their head at me. rofl.gif

Haha.. You should tell them.. Good ventilation! :good:

You can put an exhaust fan in the toilet. Disperses smell away quickly.. *pinches nose* :P

NEW WALLS UPDATE

CIMG0273.jpg

After getting the whole lot of hollow blocks, my new wardrobe wall and the wall dividing my room and bro's is finally all up! :good: Can't wait to see the plastered effect!

CIMG0272.jpg

My parents' bedroom door was relocated slightly to the left so a new wall had to be erected. So voila! :yeah:

CIMG0276.jpg

The common toilet (aka my toilet) door also had to shift more to the middle. So the new walls are also up! Now they can continue to do the tiling works in my toilet! ;)

MORE TILING DONE

CIMG0264.jpg

Floor tiles done in my bro's toilet. There's still the windows, shower kerb (the long gap in the middle of the floor) and a little bit of the tiling around the window area to be done.

CIMG0268.jpg

Wall tiling in kitchen area continues. By tomorrow, I'm hoping all the wall tiles in the kitchen can be up! :)

More updates tomorrow as we enter another week of renovations! :sport-smiley-004:

Wow, things are progressing really fast! *thumbs up*

Hopefully the floor tiles can be laid really soon! :)

Yeah... I'm waiting in eager anticipation too. Hopefully things can move fast fast fast!! :sport-smiley-004:

KITCHEN UPDATE

CIMG0304.jpg

Wall tiles are almost done in the Dry Kitchen. Left this side of the wall to be tiled. The finished effect at the back is looking good! :good: Can't wait to see the whole kitchen with the floor tiles!!

CIMG0306.jpg

Wet Kitchen is also looking good. The two "arghly" pipes there will be boxed up. ;)

NEW WALLS UPDATE

CIMG0290.jpg

The last of the new walls to be up. This wall divides the living room and the newly created store room (behind this wall).

CIMG0292.jpg

Another view of the new wall. This will be the new store room area.

WOODWORK

CIMG0285.jpg

3 of the 4 door frames are up! Love the smell of fresh wood! :P The wall above my door frame is also up! :D

Meeting the ID tomorrow for updates and to clarify a few matters. Hope the electrician will be there tomorrow too! :sport-smiley-018: