Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
schiz0id

The One With The Gargantuan Task

LOLS... yaaahh must look smart otherwise they think we are just juicy carrot heads for them to chop! :P

looks like tiling for the floor can start soon and carpentry real soon!!  :jamming:

good luck with your reno and hopefully ur reno is gargantuan task no more!  :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi buddy,

Is such cameras allowed at the exterior of flats?

Would you mind sharing with me on where you bought this from? I'm interested in exploring the option of getting one myself :P

Is this gadget very expensive?

:)

Hmm.. I'm not sure if it's allowed but I suppose it's okay cos it acts as a viewer only. No recording unlike CCTV that kind.

I got it from this website http://ncnshop.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=19&zenid=30c4f539796d1601f4336d3ea0b6c959 when they were having a huge discount. Got this for less than $100. It's now $178.

If not because I bought this, I'd have gotten the one with intercom and multi screens. :(

LOLS... yaaahh must look smart otherwise they think we are just juicy carrot heads for them to chop! :P

looks like tiling for the floor can start soon and carpentry real soon!!  :jamming:

good luck with your reno and hopefully ur reno is gargantuan task no more!  :)

Uncle said the flooring will be completed by this week. After which, next week onwards I won't see them anymore :( They are such nice people who don't mind me hanging around to watch them at work. Will miss my 'lessons'. :disturb:

Having minor hiccups here and there. Still reeling but shall keep it in till everything is over then i'll post a review of my whole renovation works. :deal:

Hi schiz0id,

I hope it is not too late to congratulate you, and family, on this purchase of a huge house. :jawdrop:

Reading through your TBlog is very interesting. Nice works so far. Really like it the way you re-organize the walls to create space.

Enjoy seeing all the photos. Happy reno.

Hi schiz0id,

I hope it is not too late to congratulate you, and family, on this purchase of a huge house. :jawdrop:

Reading through your TBlog is very interesting. Nice works so far. Really like it the way you re-organize the walls to create space.

Enjoy seeing all the photos. Happy reno.

Hi Reiki!

Never too late ;) Thanks for reading! After factoring the number of people staying in the house, our population density is still higher than most households! :P So it's not very huge.

I love the way you did your house btw. And I love those dining lights! :good:

Enjoy your stay here :sport-smiley-018:

MAIN DOOR WIDENING

After waiting almost 3 weeks for the approval to come through, we are finally hacking the main door and widening it!

CIMG0417.jpg

The main door as it stood this morning. Looks puny eh? :blink:

CIMG0425.jpg

The guys came and in two shakes, both sides of the wall were felled! :sport-smiley-004: Right side couldn't hack all the way cos that's the external wall facing the main road. [see the pillar on the left there? The one that sticks out like a sore thumb? Having problems with this pillar now with my ID :angry2: Hoping it gets settled soon. I'm running a tight ship here!]

CIMG0424.jpg

A different view of the now super-gaping hole in the entrance to our unit. This view gives you a clear idea of how my 2 other neighbours have their main doors after the right turn at the end of the corridor. The hoarding that you see immediately outside the unit shows the lift upgrading in progress.

Now all we have to do is wait patiently for our wider main door! :jammin:

Edited by schiz0id

TILING WORKS

CIMG0427.jpg

Wall tiles are beginning to go up on my parents' dry bathroom. Should be done by tomorrow since it's only a small area.

CIMG0438.jpg

White grouting making its way between the tiles in the kitchen and the bathrooms. Looks like a white wall now without the ugly gaps in between :good:

CEMENT WORKS

CIMG0436.jpg

Floor being prepared for the tiles at my youngest brother's room. :)

CIMG0434.jpg

Also preparing for the floor tiles to come in my room. ;)

CIMG0431.jpg

Our 3 bedrooms with the new walls all done and floors screeded. :good:

Was told that most (95%) of the works by these uncles will be done by this week. Floor tiles should most likely be laid (except a small part of the living area - will get to that part and explain in due time) by this week. Can't wait! :sport-smiley-004:

nice~ gargantuan main door for gargantuan house! hehehee sport-smiley-004.gif and your white tiles are super white and seamless, looks like they are painted rather than tiled! good.gif

dont despair hiccups are to be expected, as long as they are rectified to your satisfaction and without shirking responsibility, all is good wink.gif

Wow, the uncles work fast!! I think they'll miss you bugging and disturbing them too. LOLS :P

Hope they can hack that "sore thumb" soon!! :P

I'm going to give up on that "sore thumb" soon. If give up due to time constraints, I'll :fire: the ID. He hasn't given me a satisfactory answer to our delay yet. I'm :furious:

nice~ gargantuan main door for gargantuan house! hehehee sport-smiley-004.gif and your white tiles are super white and seamless, looks like they are painted rather than tiled! good.gif

dont despair hiccups are to be expected, as long as they are rectified to your satisfaction and without shirking responsibility, all is good wink.gif

Haha I agree with the painted white walls, that's the problem when the "pattern" cannot be seen. :P

Well, our hiccup is not minor nor really major, depending on how you see it. Will explain when I come to flooring cos that's where the delay is going to really affect us. :(

Everything in your new place looks nice to me :) Workmanship seems to look great!

But how are u guys going to "lock" up your main door during the night? :unsure:

There'll be a board up before the main door comes. Hope it comes soon!! :)

OVERALL UPDATE

Okay, so we are here today at the 3-week mark. I think it’s apt to post an update on the works done and yet to be done.

DONE & DANDY -

• All floor/wall tiles hacked
  • Walls hacked (11)
  • Walls erected (8)
  • Wet kitchen tiling
  • Dry kitchen tiling
  • Grouting for both kitchen wall tiles
  • BR4 bathroom tiling
  • Windows (all areas except wet kitchen)
  • New door frames for all bedrooms

PENDING WORKS -

• Floor tiles
  • Sanitary installation
  • Electrical works
  • Plumbing works
  • Lighting works
  • Ceiling works
  • Plastering (Whole House)
  • Carpentry
  • Window Grilles
  • Main door & bedroom doors
  • Furnishings

Initially thought we had quite a few things done already. Now looking at the Pending Works, I'm really wondering if we can finish everything on that list in 4 weeks... See... GARGANTUAN...... :jawdrop:

Edited by schiz0id

OVERALL UPDATE

Okay, so we are here today at the 3-week mark. I think it’s apt to post an update on the works done and yet to be done.

DONE & DANDY -

• All floor/wall tiles hacked
  • Walls hacked (11)
  • Walls erected (8)
  • Wet kitchen tiling
  • Dry kitchen tiling
  • Grouting for both kitchen wall tiles
  • BR4 bathroom tiling
  • Windows (all areas except wet kitchen)
  • New door frames for all bedrooms

PENDING WORKS -

• Floor tiles
  • Sanitary installation
  • Electrical works
  • Plumbing works
  • Lighting works
  • Ceiling works
  • Carpentry
  • Window Grilles
  • Main door & bedroom doors
  • Furnishings

Initially thought we had quite a few things done already. Now looking at the Pending Works, I'm really wondering if we can finish everything on that list in 4 weeks... See... GARGANTUAN...... :jawdrop:

Thanks for your pictorial updates. Once the tiling is completed and other works can run simultaneously, I think it can be done on time. With you supervising so diligently, yea man :yamseng:

Wow, the uncles work fast!! I think they'll miss you bugging and disturbing them too. LOLS :P

Hope they can hack that "sore thumb" soon!! :P

Agree :sport-smiley-004: they must be happy to have your company :rolleyes:

Thanks for your pictorial updates. Once the tiling is completed and other works can run simultaneously, I think it can be done on time. With you supervising so diligently, yea man :yamseng:

Agree :sport-smiley-004: they must be happy to have your company :rolleyes:

Haha yeah.. Managed to nip quite a few problems in the butt. Always good to go up daily so can identify problem areas on the spot and hope they can rectify immediately. I'm lucky I can go up everyday while they are at work. Else I wonder if there will be more delays...

I think i'll miss my 'lessons' more than they miss my company. :lol: