Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
edenstrauss

The Story Of My "tree" Musketeers

These are some photographs of the hateful Symphylans.

simphyla.jpg

tmp1B25_thumb3.jpg

Don't they look like white centipedes with many legs & a pair of fillers on top of their heads? :(

Disclaimer: I do not own any of these photographs of the symphylans which are posted as above. Kindly give the credits of these photographs to the its owners. Thank you.

Edited by edenstrauss

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

After repeated attempts to till the soil & pruning away many "dead" stalks of the "ginger" plants, I observed that there were improvements even though the plants aren't as healthy & lush in its growth as compared to the past.

These are some of the recent collection of its blooms for the past 1 month:

6952025380_9f084ee9a7_z.jpg

6952025376_2c1e6036c1_z.jpg

6952025374_8ebd9257f3_z.jpg

6952025372_db8b73cbef_z.jpg

It took me quite a while to figure out which editing tool I should be going for after the demise of the Picnik. :( And with my busy work schedule, it was tough to upload photographs as they could be pretty time consuming when editing is involved.

Finally, I settled down on Picasu & am still fiddling with the software on my desktop. And I hope it doesn't introduce any bugs into my computer. :unsure:

I'll be uploading more when I have the time to edit more photographs. :dancingqueen:

Although my plants do have freshly bloomed flower buds which are "harvested" by the olive-backed sunbirds within a day of its appearance, it is sad to notice that the green leaves were infested with fungal spots as shown clearly in the photograph attached below:

6952731712_5cc77e2323.jpg

Those yellow fungal spots were akin to skin diseases for plants & aren't curable. A strong & effective fungicide would have to be applied thinly on the leaves regularly to control the fungal condition.

This regular visitor who is a friendly companion to my "Ginger" plants was seen frequently by myself.

6952731724_d3f374a1cd_z.jpg

Isn't it cute?

Doesn't it remind us all of the Volkswagen beetle as shown here in the photograph below?

beetle1k.jpg

Disclaimer: I do not own the photograph featuring the Volkswagen yellow bettle as shown above. Kindly give full credits to the owners of this image. Thank you.

Edited by edenstrauss

I'm still trying to fine-tune my editing skills using Picasa but am still fumbling with some of its functions while going "blank" upon revisiting the program on my desktop.

6952731736_b3ce8447e1_z.jpg

Having pangs of regrets that Picnik is gone for good. :help:

Edited by edenstrauss

The latest photographs of flowers that sprung out of the "scales" of the red "corns". :)

7098803923_3c263bd77c_z.jpg

7098803929_5fa2bf950a_z.jpg

Although it isn't blooming as vigorously as before, having some flower buds is better than not having any at all.

So we've just got to take comfort in being complacent with the existing situation. :sport-smiley-018:

Edited by edenstrauss

There was a great feast for those olive-backed sunbirds today.

A hole which is clearly seen on every flower is a clear indication that the sunbird/s had already extracted the nectar. I believe they did it by "drilling" (piercing) a hole into the bud with their long sharp, needle-like beak.

6955511090_28ed48c389_z.jpg

After a heavy downpour yesterday, we were surprised that the "Ginger" plants were blooming vigorously. And as usual, we didn't manage to take any snapshots of the birds becox they would fly off the minute they sense any movements near the plants.

Even though the photographs of our "ginger" plants were repetitive in style, we hope that viewers would enjoy them as much as we do. :)

7101572301_2a85af792c_z.jpg

6955511070_a7a43a70da_z.jpg

6955511074_34cc8d26c3_z.jpg

Edited by edenstrauss

After pruning off stalks which had aged beyond their ability for further growth, we were pretty relieved that new shoots had made its way out of the surface of the soil.

However, we did notice that these new shoots aren't as healthy as before because one of them came up with holes "burnt" into the stem as shown in the photograph below. :~

7101572331_77b5f91829.jpg

The rest of the green shoots seemed to have a reasonably healthy appearance as shown in the photographs attached below:

7101572327_d5f8245224.jpg

7101584911_4f66aa7bc0_z.jpg

7101584919_5bd520ec9f.jpg

7101584921_163085050c_z.jpg

Edited by edenstrauss

Hi all,

I have started a new blog website & most of my topics which are started on renotalk forum would be "migrated" over there in due course.

For those who are interested in reading on, kindly visit my newly created blogging website, The Treasure Cove of Barbette at:

http://barbettey.blogspot.com/

Thank You!