Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinkwhale

Js Lovely Home By Pinkwhale

Hiya, next road neighbour.

Following on your progress and love the industrial theme that you are doing for your new home.

What is your verdict on the Haiku Fan?

hihi :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

Thanks Thanks... I'm following ur blog too... :P

so far I really like the haiku fan. its quiet and the speed is good. so far havent seems to hear any cons abt this fan mostly are pros...except that need to take care of the distance to downlight to avoid shadow casting.

Thanks for visiting my Tblog ^^ hope you "visit" me often !!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Some text updates:

the reno is at the last phase where the last few coat of paint was painted yesterday and today mirror is here for installation but contractor informed that the mirror for the MBR toilet broke during installation so no photos to share and need to wait till Fri for the new mirror to come.

Handover is this fri after mirror installation, I will share pictures without furniture soon. Curtain is also coming on fri to take measurements.

Updates will be slower since reno is completed and now pending for furniture and decor items to slowly find their spot.

Planning to visit KODA (Again) this fri to try to search for the right coffee table, bedside table and dining chairs.. these items are still yet to purchase.

hihi :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

Thanks Thanks... I'm following ur blog too... :P

so far I really like the haiku fan. its quiet and the speed is good. so far havent seems to hear any cons abt this fan mostly are pros...except that need to take care of the distance to downlight to avoid shadow casting.

Thanks for visiting my Tblog ^^ hope you "visit" me often !!

Hi Pinkwhale, what was the height of the Haiku fan? will it be too low when mounted in celiling? Any pics to share?

I quite like the Haiku fan but not sure if it's too low. Me and my wife quite tall, dun wan our head kenna chopped. hehee :sport-smiley-004:

Hi Pinkwhale,

I received K's quote.

Can I check with you, why do you go with chemical cement wall instead of the pure cement wall?

Do you happened to know the price difference in terms of %?

I cannot decide which option to take, wanna get your opinion.

Hi Pinkwhale, what was the height of the Haiku fan? will it be too low when mounted in celiling? Any pics to share?

I quite like the Haiku fan but not sure if it's too low. Me and my wife tall, dun wan our head kenna chopped. hehee :sport-smiley-004:

Hi IPineapple ^^

the haiku fan comes in 2 standard drop height 25cm or 40cm non adjustable. If is normal hdb usually will get the 25cm type which is like mine. Mine was mount directly onto ceiling instead of false ceiling.

For my case I felt the height is ok, it is almost same drop height as my Lbox. I try to take some photos tomorrow to share.

Hi Pinkwhale,

I received K's quote.

Can I check with you, why do you go with chemical cement wall instead of the pure cement wall?

Do you happened to know the price difference in terms of %?

I cannot decide which option to take, wanna get your opinion.

Hi chergaby ^^

actually he recommended me easy plaster one he said is better and I like the color better also compared to the usual cement wall which usually looks more "dirty"

I told him I wanted the light grey look so he choose this for me and I actually never question him much on this portion. Frankly speaking I didn't research much on the type of cement to use for cement screed either, so I really dun dare to advice.

But one thing u might need to study/ research on is the protection coat/ sealer for the cement screed. I'm having problem for my TV console which is also easy plaster cement and in smooth finish and when they tried to seal it with the protection coat the cement screed got the "burnt" look even after drying up. But for my wall which is in rough finish is much better after drying up. So in the end my tv console I opt to go without the protection =.="

But I also recalled the place I got the inspiration from for this tv console they also did it without protection coat.

heard u planning to cement screed ur kitchen wall?

Do u wan to check with another TS think teachaview or something. I liked his kitchen wall too...

I was contemplating screed cement wall but FSM says no "grey" colour. Furthermore, wifey is against it becoz it looks "dirty", preferring simple and clean walls (Normal / traditional)

I was informed by my ID that I must can take the "cracks" that it may form over the years. No point to keep covering up the cracks every few months *Bo Eng*

So screed cement wall is out for my industrial theme. :bangwall:

Hi chergaby ^^

actually he recommended me easy plaster one he said is better and I like the color better also compared to the usual cement wall which usually looks more "dirty"

I told him I wanted the light grey look so he choose this for me and I actually never question him much on this portion. Frankly speaking I didn't research much on the type of cement to use for cement screed either, so I really dun dare to advice.

But one thing u might need to study/ research on is the protection coat/ sealer for the cement screed. I'm having problem for my TV console which is also easy plaster cement and in smooth finish and when they tried to seal it with the protection coat the cement screed got the "burnt" look even after drying up. But for my wall which is in rough finish is much better after drying up. So in the end my tv console I opt to go without the protection =.="

But I also recalled the place I got the inspiration from for this tv console they also did it without protection coat.

heard u planning to cement screed ur kitchen wall?

Do u wan to check with another TS think teachaview or something. I liked his kitchen wall too...

Sorry to hijack but did the contractor use a grey plaster to create a cement like look in your kitchen or was it really cement? Your kitchen walls look really nice!

I was contemplating screed cement wall but FSM says no "grey" colour. Furthermore, wifey is against it becoz it looks "dirty", preferring simple and clean walls (Normal / traditional)

I was informed by my ID that I must can take the "cracks" that it may form over the years. No point to keep covering up the cracks every few months *Bo Eng*

So screed cement wall is out for my industrial theme. :bangwall:

I wanted cement screed wall but I also fear the dark and dirty look so my contractor suggested this type of cement which is lighter grey hue and not so dirty look.

But maybe over time will crack ba think it's inevitable but I can take it so long it does not crack into a hole. Usually it's just hairline crack.

So can share what u will be doing to get the industrial feel?

Ur whole house no grey ah? Then can use black?

Sorry to hijack but did the contractor use a grey plaster to create a cement like look in your kitchen or was it really cement? Your kitchen walls look really nice!

Haha my contractor consider this as cement screed but he used easy plaster dunno mixing with what others instead of normal cement. Frankly speaking I really didn't know the different in the first place but the effect of this easy plaster type of cement is very different from those cement screed which pple do on the floor before their tiling. He say easy plaster is better and more ex.. I never question much cos i like the color. And my contractor purposely screed it the rough way cos he like it that way so I just let him do it his style :)

Initially I wanted to put up craftstone brick but my contractor say too common and convinced me to do this rough cement screed wall instead. So far I like it very much though I still love brick wall alot.. Maybe next house ba..

Thanks for liking :)

Hi pinkwhale,

Can you kindly PM me ur contractor pls. I was surprised u don need PE to hack ur walls. Btw urs contractor or ID?

Hi IPineapple ^^

the haiku fan comes in 2 standard drop height 25cm or 40cm non adjustable. If is normal hdb usually will get the 25cm type which is like mine. Mine was mount directly onto ceiling instead of false ceiling.

For my case I felt the height is ok, it is almost same drop height as my Lbox. I try to take some photos tomorrow to share.

Great...thank you so much. Loko forward to ur pics. :sport-smiley-004:

Hello PinkWhale

I am from punggol as well! Im from Punggol Regalia.

I have been looking ard the internet for the cement ledge online and saw the pictures that you posted.

May i know how much did ur contractor quote u for the cement ledge/bench as well as the cement screed wall it? I was quoted pretty expensive and i wonder if is really worth to pay so much for cement..

Also where did u shop for your mosaic? i went to hafary but did not see much selection.

Hee tks for answering my queries!

P/s: ur hse is v nicely done up. Show more pics of your living room ya? tks!!!

Hi pinkwhale,

Can you kindly PM me ur contractor pls. I was surprised u don need PE to hack ur walls. Btw urs contractor or ID?

Hi Abahq

Thanks for dropping by and already replied ur PM