Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinkwhale

Js Lovely Home By Pinkwhale

Hi beezeebear

Thanks... Really? You are also using the same cement screed laminate? then I guess our taste is VERY similar, cos I believe we might have selected the same laminate for kitchen cabinet too !!

here goes...

My laminate for kitchen cabinet :dancingqueen: is it same as urs?

6879018563_12686ef99a.jpg

yess! really similar tastes! hahah I think my kitchen laminate is not the same, it looks like this, abit more cherry wood? But i am matching my wood laminates with White too!

IMG_4116.jpg

I really like ur exposed plywood too! :D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

yess! really similar tastes! hahah I think my kitchen laminate is not the same, it looks like this, abit more cherry wood? But i am matching my wood laminates with White too!

IMG_4116.jpg

I really like ur exposed plywood too! :D

:yamseng:

Good choice to your laminate too !!

Advices Needed !!

Pls see below pics of my wardrobe, I realised the gap between the wardrobe and the floor is quite big :jawdrop:

And I'm wondering is silicon normally injected to cover up this gap ? :dunno:

My contractor advice against saying that there will be many problems with the silicon in the future due to frequent abrasion by vacuum cleaner etc

But I'm quite concern with the gap trapping dust etc... Can someone pls advice me what is the usual practice? :help:

6895432939_c6a8c1c20a.jpg

6895431235_6a3dda35e7.jpg

Advices Needed !!

Pls see below pics of my wardrobe, I realised the gap between the wardrobe and the floor is quite big :jawdrop:

My contractor advice against saying that there will be many problems with the silicon in the future due to frequent abrasion by vacuum cleaner etc

But I'm quite concern with the gap trapping dust etc... Can someone pls advice me what is the usual practice? :help:

6895432939_c6a8c1c20a.jpg

6895431235_6a3dda35e7.jpg

For mine, they put silicon to fill the gap.

hmm...your eyes very sharp pinkwhale :P

U dont mentioned i cant even spot it (Now i have new things to check when my wardrobe is in by next week~)

I dont really understand y silicon tend to have problems with vacuum cleaner?

If this the case...possible to fill up a bit of cement and patch it back? or plaster it a bit..

My contractor is saying that the silicon might peel or even trap the dirt when you sweep the floor etc. Though he did mentioned that if I want to inject silicon they can do it for me but ask me dont regret after they do it :wacko:

So I really need to seek more advice before I make the choice.

Hope to receive comments from some seniors/experts here..

I think my parents previous house use silicon. Did not have any problem with vacuum cleaner damaging it. I rather trap a bit of dirt than to have lizards and the stuff crawling under it.

For mine, they put silicon to fill the gap.

Hi Pinkwhale,

I think u shld use silicon to fill up the gap, rather than leaving the gap intact and allowing water or dust to trap inside it... I rem seeing silicon with colour options, instead of the dull white, since ur floor is laminated. Alternatively, u can oso use wood putty of close colour shade.

I attached some fotos to show u how is the various silicon seal in my house between the cabinet n floors after 10+ years.

image2td.jpg

imageyqy.jpg

image1szz.jpg

For the last image, you can see that the silicon is not affixed against the wood, but can easily use new silicon to seal up again.

Advices Needed !!

Seems that the small slice of the cabinet is not being laminated, is the surface rough?

unlaminatedunderneathsl.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Seems that the small slice of the cabinet is not being laminated, is the surface rough?

unlaminatedunderneathsl.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Wow and888 ur eyes more sharp than mine !! I didn't realised that till u pointed out.. Went to check it out ytd the surface is still ok, not rough. As it's underside I reckon normally is without laminate? =.=

Edited by pinkwhale

Plumbing work done, all the taps were installed. Just wanna share photos of the taps that I bought from wholesale faucet

So far so good for the taps, water flow is smooth and installation was smooth.

Kitchen

6895521189_734d6b68e2.jpg

MBR Bathroom

6895520881_03a70c0b49.jpg

Love them to the max so far :dancingqueen:

Plumbing work done, all the taps were installed. Just wanna share photos of the taps that I bought from wholesale faucet

So far so good for the taps, water flow is smooth and installation was smooth.

Kitchen

6895521189_734d6b68e2.jpg

MBR Bathroom

6895520881_03a70c0b49.jpg

Love them to the max so far :dancingqueen:

Is the tap good to use?? Tempted to buy from the webby u recommend..

Is the tap good to use?? Tempted to buy from the webby u recommend..

Hi^^

So far the tap is performing well, water flow is smooth, the head of the tap can be turn etc. Seems great. I would recommend to try if u have tight budget but still wanna a nice design tap though it's from china but I reckon many of the suppliers in SG are also getting their supplies from the same origin. Unless u r paying for the higher end brands.

:)