Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
blursotong

Hdb Fire-Rated Doors

The fire-rated door replacement as part of the Lift Upgrading Programme is going on round my ward.

I realised the new doors can be opened from the outside if they aren't locked from the inside. Very different from the old doors which requires a key to be opened from the outside.

Other than changing the lock, do I have other options? Are there ways to automatically 'lock' the door when it is closed so that people fro outside cannot open it?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

door closer and additional lock set will do the trick...

basically you'll leave the lock from HDB and use the new lock set instead...

The fire-rated door replacement as part of the Lift Upgrading Programme is going on round my ward.

I realised the new doors can be opened from the outside if they aren't locked from the inside. Very different from the old doors which requires a key to be opened from the outside.

Other than changing the lock, do I have other options? Are there ways to automatically 'lock' the door when it is closed so that people fro outside cannot open it?

What is so difficult for your to insert your key from outside and lock it?

it's not when one goes out.....

more for old folks who sometimes have the habit to just open the door to look outside and then close the door.....

With the old doors, don't need to do anything and the door cannot be opened from outside without a key.

With the new doors, old folks won't remember the extra step of having to turn the knob to lock lah.....

What is so difficult for your to insert your key from outside and lock it?

All new flats come with such doors that wouldn't lock out anybody when they step out & the door gets slammed shut by say, a strong wind.

I was being locked in as a 3 year old kid while my mother was locked out. Personally, I would suggest that you try to get used to the existing lock that came with your new door.